Status: Updates soon. Promise. :)

The Starburst Bracelet

Secret

I was about halfway through with the bracelet. I’ve decided to accept the challenge of the bracelet. Maybe some good will eventually come from this.

I was at Clasan Park near my house. The wind was gently playing with my hair as the sun was just beginning to expose itself. The sky was blue and swirled with red, orange, and pink clouds. I relaxed on an old wooden bench as my fingers fiddled with a lime green Starburst wrapper that I’d removed from the bracelet before I walked here. I barely unfolded the wrapper when I abstracted it. For some reason, I had a feeling that Coda was going to have me waltz over here anyway. The idea of him composing all this together was so… So ludicrous. And whenever I was connected with the bracelet I felt as if he was there watching me. Whether I be going to the destination he’d arranged for me or holding the next candy wrapper in my piano fingers, I still felt his presence. Sometimes I even get small flashbacks of days when it was just is two being innocent and I knew nothing about his twisted ways. Like when we’d go to this park and just talk for hours.

“You’re so weird,” I half-smiled as Coda ran over to me to push my swing.

“…And that’s why you love me,” he called out as I swung higher and higher.

“Shut up. I don’t,” I replied, rolling my eyes.

Abruptly, I stopped swinging and I glanced at Coda. He had both of his calloused hands wrapped around the chains of the swings. I stared at him.

“Hm. I know you do,” he smiled, meeting my eyes.


We were always so… ourselves with each other, well at least I was. And it always seemed like he was… happy with me. As if he could tell me literally anything and know for a fact that I wouldn’t utter one judgmental word about it. But I suppose the Coda I thought I knew was a fictitious character in my world, like an imaginary friend I’d once harbored when I was younger.

“Allegra?” someone called, catching me by surprise. I glimpsed over my shoulder and saw diesel Lander, Coda and I’s other best friend. Though, since Coda left Diesel and I somehow had gotten to become closer friends. He’s like Coda’s replacement… or substitute. I still have hopes that Coda will come back. It’s actually pretty sad.

“Hey Diesel,” I greeted as he approached me, dressed in worn out blue jeans and a black polo.

“Hey, how are you?” he asked, taking a seat next to me.

“Fine,” I said a little too quickly. Diesel scrutinized my eyes then eyed the Starburst wrapper. The way he looked at it… It was like he knew exactly what it was for.

“Allegra, what’s wrong?” he questioned.

“There’s nothing wrong,” I lied. It was so strange that he knew me well enough to tell when there was something up with me.

“It’s all about your eyes, Allegra,” he began, almost as if he could read my mind.

“It’s like there’s something troubling your soul, like you’re itching for closure of some sort,” he finished. I noticed that his blue eyes were still fixed on the wrapper in my hands. Then, I unfolded it and read the message intended for my eyes only.

Allegra,
Your destination for today: Clasan Park. Sit on our old wooden bench and wait.
P.S. I hope there little message are bringing you oh so many memories of me, darling.

Your invisible friend,
Dakoda Ardel.


I was shaking by the time I finished reading the cryptic message. It was like Coda was here, reading my mind like a children’s story book. I surprised by the fact that I had taken a seat upon Coda and I’s favorite bench without knowing.

“Allegra?” Diesel said, worry in his voice.

“Do you know about these?!” I asked. Tears of paranoia and fear were being painted all over my face.

“I do…” he whispered, his black hair falling in front of his eyes as he hung his head.

“But it’s just… I can’t talk about this now. I’ll tell you more later. Meet me at Zirah’s bakery tomorrow at noon.”

Then, he ran away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoo!!! I updated! After what? Like... two months? Hm... well here it is... I don't think it's exactly the best chapter... But oh well... And I'm sorry if that flashback is too corny or something... I couldn't think of what to write. Haha. :)