Status: Mild Hiatus Until I'm Done Being Grounded... My Dad Is Just A Jerk... I Promise That I will try to write some more chapters at school and post them when i can come back here... stay loyal fair readers i won't be gone for long!

What's So Special About the Cullens? Why Do They Get Her?

"*** The Treaty, I'll Burn Your Ass."

Edward’s P.O.V

Looking into her eyes was like a huge kick in the face. How could Alice not predict this? It must be because Paul was here, but how in the hell did she get into the border between hell and our world? She never even died; maybe Lucifer was just playing jokes with her since Jasper was there. Everyone knows that if they are told to fight then Jasper will give up and gladly die to save Lorraine. So he shouldn’t even bother making them fight.

I need to get back into her mind to see what’s happening.

“Carlisle, I think I can update us all with what’s happening if I can stay in her mind.” I said

“That wouldn’t be such a good idea, what if you get sucked in there with Lorraine and Jasper? How will we get you out?” he reasoned.

“It doesn’t matter as long as she has someone there to help her. I can do it Carlisle. Just let me help her.” I pleaded.

“Why are you so worried about her?” he asked.

“Because she reminds me of my mother, they look very similar. I only realized this after Jasper attacked her.”

His mouth opened a little in understanding. “Do your best Edward.” He said, patting my shoulder.

I looked to Paul, “I know we really don’t like each other, but we have something in common; we both really care for Lorraine. I will help her. I promise.” I told him.

He merely nodded

“Here goes everything.” I said before I penetrated her mind once more, fighting the small walls that were set up.

I dropped into a dark place; I saw Jasper and Lorraine standing 2 feet from me. Jasper was smiling at me, while Lorraine was giving me an apologetic look.

“What are you doing here Edward? You tried to penetrate my mind didn’t you?” she asked aggravated.

“You needed help, and we know exactly what’s going on with you. So I just wanted to help.” I explained

“Well you’re not helping at all! Now Lucifer is probably going to make us all fight to see which one person lives. Edward, you just made it more difficult. Can’t you just stay out of trouble?” she yelled

“Well no, I can’t ever stay out of trouble; I’m a vampire with a human girlfriend; so not much safety can come from that.” I explained.

“Well you still shouldn’t have come here.” She whispered sadly, “I can’t bother to lose any of my family; Not anymore.”

“So you’re related to me?” I asked

“Yes; haven’t you noticed that I look a lot like your mother? You are my great-great-great-great-great grandson.”

Oh wow, now I know why I’m pulled to her, she’s my family; my blood family.

“You never should’ve come here Edward. You have now just made things more difficult for me and Jasper.”

“How? I can help you escape from here.” I told her.

“No you can’t! There is no way to get out of here unless you fight and kill both of us.” She explained.

“But there is one more way that I can get us all out of here.” I explained

“How?” they asked simultaneously.

“Like this.” I looked up at the sky and screamed, “I challenge Lucifer to a duel! To set us all free!”

Lorraine’s eyes widened like saucers. “NO EDWARD!!”

Alice’s P.O.V

“Something bad is going to happen. I just saw it. I saw Edward challenge Lucifer to a duel.” I announced to the room. Everyone looked at me.

“Are you serious?! No one’s beat him since… well, ever.” Emmett said

“Thanks for the confidence Em. But have you seen what is going to happen Alice?” Rosalie asked me.

“No I haven’t seen that far yet, but I just know that something bad is going to happen, either to Jasper, Lorraine, or Edward. But it’s only one of them.” I explained

“Wait, Alice. Do they know that only one of them has to sacrifice themselves in order to save them all?” Carlisle asked.

“I’m sure Lorraine knows it, but she probably doesn’t want either of the boys to do it, so she’s thinking of a way to sacrifice herself.”

Paul growled loudly and tackled me, he put his hand to my throat.

“Why can’t you tell what’s going to happen sooner? Lorraine could die! If that happens, fuck the treaty I’ll burn your ass.” He threatened.

No one tried to help me; they knew he was only doing that because of the imprint effect.

“Paul, I assure you, the only reason I can’t see what will happen is because for one I can’t read Lucifer’s mind and Lorraine and the guys haven’t decided completely yet. Now can you let go of me? You won’t know what will happen to Lorraine if I’m dead.”

He got up and let go of me.

“Nothing better happen to her, for your sake.” He said and walked off out of the house, most likely towards La Push.

“Damn, that imprint thing is strong! He almost was going to rip your throat out.”

“So why didn’t you guys help me? If you were that worried about it you would’ve helped.

Eric took my hand, “Calm down Alice, we don’t all need to lose our minds because of everything that’s happening.”

“You’re right.”

Sam’s P.O.V

The pack and I were sitting at my table in the dining room; we were all worried about Lorraine and Paul. That’s all the pack could think about during patrol, how Lorraine was doing and how Paul was coping.

I smelled Paul coming back at a rapid pace and I ran out the house to meet him.

I saw him in wolf form.

“Paul, phase back and talk to me.” I said using my alpha voice; he had no choice but to listen.

“What do you want Sam?” he asked aggravated

“I just want to know what is going up with Raine. We’re all worried about you and Raine.” I said.

“Well apparently she’s in the border between Hell and our world, fighting for her life, and Edward and Jasper are there with her. They have to battle each other in order for her to come back. Apparently from the stories I’ve heard from the Cullens, he is a very unmerciful bastard that takes amusement in people’s pain and suffering. I’ve lost all hope for Raine coming back, Sam.” He said, angry tears rolling down his face.

I dropped my head lowly; I understood the loss of hope feeling for an imprint. I had the same feeling when I accidentally attacked Emily years ago. He was slowly being torn apart.

“It’s good that you left Raine with the Cullens, they must know more about this than any of us. I’m sure they won’t let anything happen to her. She’s a part of their family too Paul, just don’t lose all your hope too soon. She’ll still need you.”

He just nodded, tears still falling down his face, and walked to his house, tearing apart his room in sadness and anger.

The rest of the pack came up behind me.

“So I’m assuming that Lorraine’s not doing so well?” Embry asked.

“No, she’s not. And if she doesn’t get better soon, we might lose Paul as well.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So how you like it now?

Comments are appreciated

Much Love and Bastard Demons,
Starla