Status: Mild Hiatus Until I'm Done Being Grounded... My Dad Is Just A Jerk... I Promise That I will try to write some more chapters at school and post them when i can come back here... stay loyal fair readers i won't be gone for long!

What's So Special About the Cullens? Why Do They Get Her?

"Wow...I Love Your Eyes... Are They Real?"

Lorraine's P.O.V

I quickly found a room, on the middle floor. The same level as the door just in case I need to make a quick escape for any reason.

I lie down on the blue and red silky sheets. Of course only the best for the Volturi.

I close my eyes. I drift off into a light slumber.

I only need to sleep about 13 hours every 6 months, so I pattern off my sleep hours to my advance.

I dream of my first years as a vampire. Not knowing what I was. Back then there wasn't even a name for what I was. I remembered being the only of my kind; having a daughter, losing the love of my life, and losing everything else.

I also reminisce in my discoveries that I have made over the course of my many years of life. The first person I had ever turned, Alexander Yerista. He went crazy, changing many humans against my wishes. I obviously had to get rid of him because he was reaping havoc everywhere he went. I remembered following him on his last human hunt. And I took his vampiric life away from him, leaving him powerless. He died 2 years after I took his powers away. Killed himself. What a pity, and such a waste of my time.

I was a real bitch in my first 2,000 years after Eric died and after my daughter confessed her hatred for me. It’s true, as much as I hate to admit it. I regret ever turning Alexander. He brought this curse upon many people. Now vampires live with a curse of constantly craving blood, because that’s what he taught them. I never craved blood as much as many other vampires do now. I could still taste human food and breathe. I still need sleep, and I can pass off fairly well as a human. But it gets tiring after a while. Running from my past, finding families, mostly human, and telling them about me. Whether or not they deny my existence or they accept me and die of old age.

I have still been faced with much torture and pain in my years; I never want to feel that again. But I seem to always dream about it. It’s like someone “up there” doesn’t want me to forget. I guess that’s what makes me myself.

I have only turned 13 people in my existence, until in 1346 I noticed that vampires were over-populating. I found many of the rogue vampires and I molded their thoughts like clay until I made them all just like me; animal blood drinkers, keeping the balance of humans and vampires alike.

I’ve dreamt of this many times, but more details come with each dream.

I get awoken from my slight slumber, and I see Aro. He is watching me curiously, probably wondering like most vampires why I sleep.

“Yes Aro, how may I help you?” I said groggily

He cleared his throat as if he was about to make a speech, I hope not.

“The Cullen Clan has arrived. They would like to meet with you in person just like you had said. I didn’t want to wake you but they are pressed for time.” He spoke softly, trying not to hurt my sensitive ears.

“Go to them and please inform them that I have just awakened and that I will be only a moment before we may have our meeting.” I said

“Yes, Lorraine.” He said

He starts to walk away.

“I’m glad you’ve used my name, Thank you Aro.” I whispered, loud enough for him to hear.

“You’re welcome, but don’t expect the name often, just when it’s you and I alone. I need to keep up a humble appearance around others. Or else they would think I’m going soft and try to revolt against me.”

“I understand. Now go.” I said, laughing

He leaves the room and shuts the door.

I get ready; fix my hair and makeup, make the bed, and swiftly make an entrance into the hall where I’m assuming the Cullens and Aro were standing.

“Hello, you must be the Cullen Clan?” I say, walking to them and shaking the blond man’s hand. He seems to be like the leader.

“Please, Ms”

“Lorraine.”

“Lorraine, we would like to be called a family. The title of Clan seems almost like an Anti-Christ meeting, which we are not. I am Carlisle Cullen, and this is my family,” He directs to the others, “Esme, my wife, and my children Jasper and his wife Alice, Emmet and his wife Rosalie, and Edward and his girlfriend Bella.”

I looked to all of them and gave them all a smile, which most of them returned, except Rosalie and Edward. Of course Edward was probably worried about his girlfriend Bella, because she seems human. Rosalie just seems like she’s full of hate, but I’m sure I’ll grow on her.

“I can see that you have a human companion with you. Isabella Swan, am I correct?” I said addressing her personally, lifting my hand so she could shake it. She took my hand a little scared, but nonetheless shook it lightly.

“Yes that is my name but how did you know my name.”

I smiled “I have many powers, one of them being mind reading, and I read all of you’re minds. Besides Aro also told me of a human companion named Isabella. I figured it was you since you don’t smell like a vampire.”

Her eyes widened and so did the whole families

“You can read her mind?” Carlisle said inquisitively

“Yes, I have been alive for many years, so I am able to break down even the strongest of shields. Her mind is very difficult for me to read but I can do it nonetheless. Why do you ask?”

“Because our son Edward can read minds but he can’t read hers.” He said

“Oh, do you want me to try and put her shield back up to me? I could try but it would take me about a year to do that.” I said addressing my question to Bella.

“No I don’t mind, maybe now you can tell Edward what I’m thinking so he doesn’t feel weird.” She said with a smile on her face.

“Alright, I will only read your mind when you allow me to. It’s a great way to communicate without anyone hearing.”

“Not to be rude, but you said you have been alive for many years. Can I ask exactly how many years you have been alive?” Jasper asked curious

“I am the very first vampire ever in this world. I have been alive for 43,562 years.”

They all gasped, which made me laugh because they don’t breathe.

“Is that a shock to you?” I asked

Carlisle answered for them all, quickly gaining his composure back.

“Yes, we haven’t met any vampire that…experienced, yet now we have met the first vampire ever. It’s just a shock to us. You looked about the same age as Rosalie or Alice.”

“Yes I get that ‘You’re Old’ Age thing a lot, but I have gotten very used to it.”

“Wow…I love your eyes, Are they real?” Bella says in awe.

“Yes Bella my eye color is very real; it is also how anyone can tell the vampires that I have turned. At first they are light blue when they are newborns, then they darken to a deep purple. My eyes are normally purple because I rarely drink blood at all.” I explained

“But how do you not drink blood that often? Doesn’t that make you go into a frenzy?” Emmet asked.

“No, I practiced not drinking blood for 6 years; it hurts after the first 10 months to a year but if you really want to stop killing animals… it’s worth it. I could teach you all if you’d like?”

They all suddenly looked at me when I said that. Some with curiosity, some with fright, some with great interest.

Aro interrupts their stare-fest.

“Which brings us to the matter of why you are all here. Our dearest Lorraine would like to find a home with your family, since you have similar interests of not killing humans. She would like to live with you.” He said

“But I told Aro I would only consider it with all of your permission to do so. I would abide by all of your rules and guidelines. And I will go to school to keep up the “reputation” that you Cullens withhold. So what do you say?” I said.

Carlisle racks up the ability to speak.

“Could you give us a brief moment to think about this and consult the whole family?” he asks

“Take as much time as you need. I want your decision to be thorough. Just to make sure that you are definite with this decision.” I say with a smile on my face, to show them that I mean no harm.

They all turn in a huddle, even Bella putting her opinions in there, which I like. I wanted her choice just as much as the others.

They consult each other for about 5 more minutes when they all turn around with smiles on their faces.

Carlisle and Esme walk toward me with their arms open wide.

“Welcome to the Cullen family Lorraine. We’ll all be glad to have you in our home.”

I jumped and hugged them both. Happy that I have a new family. One that I can have forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like some comments on who you guys think she should hook up with.

Here are the choices:
Paul
Jacob
Jasper
Emmet