Status: Coming back

Right Girl

You give me the hummingbird heartbeat

“Hurry John!” I shouted as I walked to my car bucket and soap in hand. It was a freakishly hot day out and since neither John nor I waned to go for a swim we decided to just wash my car since it had to be done sometime.

“I’m here.” He told me holding the hose in one hand and a sponge in the other.

“Why is it so hot?” I complained as he started the water.

“It’s Arizona Babe. What did you expect? Snow in the summer?” He responded with a smirk.

“It wasn’t nearly as hot last year. It wasn’t, was it?” I asked when he gave me a look.

“It was too.” By now we got the whole car wet and ready to be soaped.

We chatted for a bit more until we were left in a comfortable silence, washing the car with the occasional splash of water. The day was good. As I continued to wash, I started to think about… well everything, John, the band, them touring, their new cd, the dance competition, New York. I was in the middle of a mental discussion on whether or not I was crazy for turning down an opportunity to go on a cruise and see my grandma to stay here in Tempe where I would for sure die of heat stroke by the end of the summer, when I was suddenly sprayed with cool water which felt amazing on my dry skin. Even if it felt amazing, John was not going to get away with wetting me so easily. I turned glaring at his laughing figure. I took the opportunity to throw a sponge at him when his eyes were closed, hitting him right smack in the middle of his face.

“Oh no you didn’t” He scolded with a devilish grin.

“You started it” I laughed as he wiped the foam of his face.

“I’m going to get you for that” He warned me right before he grabbed the hose. I ducked behind the car moving slowly so as not get wet.

“You’ll have to catch me first” I dared him.

We started running around trying in vain not to get hit by one another. It wasn’t long before we were both laughing hysterically trying to catch our breaths. John being the smart ass douche bag that he is of course decided to grab the bucket of water dump all over me soaking me. I screamed in disgust and surprise and turned around to get back at him. The second my body twisted I collide with John’s chest. My breath hitched as his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me close to stop me from falling backwards. My heart was beating so loud I was positive he could hear it. I was so aware of him his arms around my waist, his chest pressing unto mine. We were so close I could kiss him. Our eyes connected and his breathing got heavy. His eyes wandered down to my lips then suddenly his lips were on mine. His body tilting me backwards. His arms pressed me further into him and my hands tangled in his hair when i finally realized that it was happening I was kissing John, my best friend, they guy I want to be with. Then all too soon he broke the kissing grinning like an idiot.

"I love you, Natalie Victoria Sneaux. You don't know how long i've wanted to do that" He whispered into my ear.

"I love you too. John Cornelius O'Callaghan the Fifth" I told him out of breath from the kiss. Then we were kissing again and it would have been perfect except for that buzzing sound in the background.


I woke up. Of course it was a dream John doesn't like me that way and he never will. Stupid alarm clock i could have enjoyed kissing him a little bit longer thank you very much. I stood up and brushed my hair then made my way downstairs.

Down the hall to the kitchen I could hear voices laughing loudly. I knew the right and more sensible thing to do was go up and change to save myself from potential embarrassment. But i could care less at the moment all i want is to go back to that dream and relive it over and over again.

"There she is" My dad called out as I walked into the Kitchen where the whole O'Callaghan family was sitting eating breakfast.

"Uh... morning." How my dad was so chipper in the morning without any coffee I have no idea. I do know i did not inherit that trait. I always need my coffee to feel fully awake especially during the summer when i bum around.

"Here ya go" Ross handed me a cup of coffee. I smiled gratefully. Taking a sip I looked at everyone and when my eyes landed on John I immediately felt embarrassed at my outfit and blushed at the memory of the dream.

"So Tori, since I'm already up thanks Ross and Shane we're hanging out today" He informed me sitting next to me. I felt my heart beat just a bit faster. " I was thinking we could hang out here and swim for a bit. It's really hot out today. Then maybe we could hit the mall or something? Need somethings."

"Uh yeah sure" I agreed already feeling myself grow warm at the thought of seeing him in his trunks. His chiseled chest just like in my dream.

"Cool, now go get dressed. I'l save you a muffin." He told me pushing me towards the door.

"Ross and Shane, do you want to join us for a swim?" i asked to be polite. They shook their heads no. Great it was just me and John and that dream that was burned in the back of my head. How do you think i was going to act today? I sighed and went to get changed.It's going to be a long day
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chap I know, and i haven't updated in forever. I am sooo sorry i've just been busy and I haven't been feeling the story anymore. :| But i will try to update if you guys want me to continue the story.

Comment and subscribe! It makes me happy :))
Title Credit : Hummingbird Heartbeat by Katy Perry