Status: Coming back

Right Girl

I'm Not Looking For a Sign

I woke to my alarm blasting 3oh3’s ‘Double Vision’ and to say I was slightly annoyed would be an understatement. But my annoyance disappeared almost instantly when I remember the night I had yesterday. Yes, I, Natalie Victoria Sneaux, kissed John Cornelius O’Callaghan the Fifth and enjoyed it immensely. I stood up and checked my calendar to see why my alarm was even on.

“Shoot!” I said to myself. It was Shane’s birthday and the party started 20 minutes ago.

I showered, changed and put my make up on in under 20 minutes. But I was still late. I made it to their house, which was another 10 minutes away, just as John was walking out. I parked my car and ran to the door.

“I’m late, I know.” I told him when he started opening his mouth.

“Actually, I was going to tell you to come get the cake with me. But yea you are late.” He smiled.

“Shut up. You just woke up. Don’t deny it. You’re just lucky you live here.”

“Touche, but seriously come with me.”

“Let me just go in and say hi.”

I walked in the house and saw all of Shane’s friend outside by the pool. I made a beeline for the kitchen where I found Jenny with her friends.

“Hi! I’m soo sorry I’m late.” I said giving her a hug and waving to everyone else.

“No worries dear the other boys haven’t arrived yet and John’s still going to get the cake.” She told me.

“Yea, John’s actually waiting for me to get the cake. I better go. Don’t want to keep Shane from his cake.”

“That boy! I told him to get it 15 minutes ago!” She laughed.

The car ride was awkward to say the least. Apparently our happy demeanors from earlier was temporary. None of knew what to say and this silence was really making me jumpy. What if last night didn’t mean the same thing to him as it did for me. What if this would be the relationship John and I would have now. The suspense was killing me.

“Wait, John.” I called after him before he walked out of the car.

“Yea?”

“What now?” I asked him.

“I- after we get the cake.” I sighed but nodded anyway.

We got the cake but on the car ride home we both were quiet yet again. We both didn’t know how to start. When we got to the house, I grabbed the cake and went to the kitchen. If he didn’t want to talk about it then fine. Except it wasn’t really fine because I opened my heart to him again and I don’t think I can handle it breaking again.

As I set the cake down on the table, I felt my eyes begin to water. No, I promised myself I would never ever cry because of THIS again. I knew my chances were slim but was it so wrong to hope… I guess so.

“Tori.” John said gently pulling me to the stairs. We walked up to his room where he looked the door.

“Look, I get it John. You don’t like me that way. It’s fine.” I said my tears falling slowly.

“What? Tor, no. I – I’m just confused.” He told me. “I wasn’t sure what it, the kiss, what it meant and I just I’m not used to this you know. Not knowing where I stand with you.”

“I kissed you first you big goof what do you think it means.” I sniffled smiling slightly.

“I know but you had a lot to drink last night.”

“I wasn’t drunk when I kissed you. I would never do that.”

“I know and for the record I really like you. I have for a while now.” He said walking toward me and putting our heads together.

“I really really like you too.” I whispered smiling.

“I’m sorry I made you cry.” He said wiping the tears from my eyes.

“I- I’m fine…now.”

Our lips connected then it was last night all over again. But this time it was better because this time I knew where I stood and I loved it. We kissed for a long time but when we parted it didn’t feel long enough.

“Wow.”

“You act like you didn’t kiss me this morning.” I rolled my eyes.

“It was just THAT good!”

”We should probably go down.” I said unlocking the door.

“Hold on.” He said pulling me close to him once again.

He kissed me again and again. Then the door opened and there Shane stood.

“Mom’s looking for you, John.” He said. We both stood up.

“Um. Happy Birthday Shane!” I said awkwardly.

“This is the best birthday ever.” He said suddenly. I laughed the boy was too cute. “Best gift ever guys. Thanks.”

I looked over at John confused. He in turn looked at Shane with a look that matched mine.

“What are you talking about?”

“You guys are together now right?” Shane asked. John and I looked at each other.

“You are or you wouldn’t have been kissing. ” He said. “See! So first you guys finally realize you are meant to be on my birthday then I get to see you make out.”

“Oh boy! John what have you done to this boy?” I joked.

“Don’t look at me. I’m not here half the year.” He said as he took my hand and led us down.

“Speaking of gifts, yours is actually in the car. I forgot to bring it down when I came earlier.” I told Shane. “I’m going to go get it wanna come?”

“I’ll come” John yelled as Shane and I laughed at his eagerness.

“Just can’t stay away, can you?” I joked.

We went to Jenny then went to get the gift. We stayed by the car a little longer than necessary, then when John worked up the nerve to say “Will you be my girlfriend?” we went back into the house. Smiling ridiculously like the happy couple we really were.

"I hope you brought extra clothes because you are coming with me" John told me as he grabbed me and ran us to the pool.

We swam for a bit longer then they guys and Rach and Ronnie came so we stopped swimming while we went to dry ourselves up. John and I decided to play a trick on the rest of the group we decided to pretend like we weren't actually together.

We were pretty good at it except when John decided to play footsie under the table for dinner, when all of Shane's friends left. Let's say our cover might have been blown. But nobody said a thing.

We stayed at his house for awhile longer then when everyone left he came to my house. We watched a movie and snuggled. At about 11, I was pooped. I yawned.

"Sleepy?" He asked. I shook my head no. He smirked when I yawned again. "Liar."

"I'm having fun!" I said.

"I'll come by tomorrow."

"Fine." I pushed myself off the couch and held my hand out to John.

"Goodnight Boo." He kissed my forehead.

"Night John." We walked to the door and he kissed me again.

I changed and then went to sleep dreaming of John.

John Cornelius O'Callaghan the Fifth was my boyfriend
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! Finally together! What did you think?
Comments please... 3 for the next chap.

Title Credit: Untangle Me by the Maine
Shhh! Don't tell Pat;)