Status: Coming back

Right Girl

It's Her Birthday

“So what are you wearing tonight? “ I asked Ronnie on the phone. I actually called to tell her about me and John but realized telling her on the phone would mean hearing her scream I told you so ten times louder than if I told her in person.

“Hmm. I was thinking the black dress. The one that’s strapless with a sweetheart neckline. The floral lace one. You?” She described to me.

“Ooooohh cute! Um probably the one with the white satin top and the mesh skirt.” I said picking up the dress.

“You are gonna look so hot! If John doesn’t date you, I will.” She told me.

“HAHAHAHA.” I laughed. “Speaking of John, there’s something I have to tell you but I’ll tell you tonight at the party.”

“WHATTTTT!!!!!!! NO! NATALIE VICTORIA SNEAUX YOU DON’T TELL ME YOU HAVE TO TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT YOU AND JOHN AND NOT TELL ME!” She screamed.

“I’ll tell you and Rachel tonight. Byeeee love you!” I laughed putting down the phone before she could scream some more.

It was Rachel’s 21st birthday and she was having this huge Black and White party. It’s pretty ironic what with the bands new album set to drop in July. But what can you do. She IS dating the bassist of said band.

After getting some lunch, I went to the local Starbucks I worked at during my senior year of high school. I decided to try and get Trevor to give me back my old job.

“Tori. I can’t just give you the job! So many people apply and you expect me to give you the job just like that.” He said snapping his finger for emphasis.

“Well, I don’t expect you to give me the job. I brought my application form.” I said giving him my most innocent smile. “Plus I know how you hate training the newbies. I already know most of the drinks and SOP. Hiring me is less hassle.”

“That’s true.” He told me. I knew I had him.

“So pleaseeee.” I begged.

“Oh alright. But if anyone asks you sent in the form 2 weeks ago.” Trevor said.

“Thank you!!!!” I hugged him.

“You start next Monday. Your usual shifts.” He called out as I walked out. “Don’t be late!”

“Hey Boo.” John said into the phone.

“Hey!” I greeted. “What’s going on?”

“Not much. Just chilling. I miss you.” He told me.

“You are such a cornball.”

“You love it! Anyway, what time do you want me to pick you up tonight?” He asked.

“Well, I still have to get ready but maybe around 7?” I told him since the party was about an hour away.

“Alright. Hey do you have the gift?”

“Yup. It’s gorgeous she’s going to love it!“ I asked.

We both decided to get her a silver charm bracelet, which was a bit more than we could afford alone and so we split the payment. It included 2 charms. One was the number 21 and the other was an R for her name. I also decided to get her something else that just from me. It was this silky sleeping mask that looked like a thong at the back. I knew she would freak when she saw it.

I got home a 5:30 which was a little later than I expected. But since I already had my outfit and hair planned, I wasn’t to worried about not being ready on time. I took a shower and rubbed the shimmery lotion on my body so I had a kind of shimmer on my body. I blow dried my hair and put my make up. I used a purple and pink eye shadow and added silver glitter then put some blush. My hair, I put up into a loose bun making the top a bit puffy. I checked the clock and it was already 6:57, I hurriedly put my dress and heels on then sprayed some of my Vanilla scented perfume. I put my ring and bracelet on while walking down.

John arrived at 7 sharp just as I finished putting my lip-gloss. He looked handsome in his black long sleeve button down. His hair was gelled and fixed. He looked really handsome.

“Hey handsome.” I said closing the door behind me. He laughed giving me a kiss.

“You look great,Tor.” He said taking my hand as we walked to the car.

“So I think we need to decide who’s driving us home.”

“Aren’t you?” he asked.

“Umm… well I didn’t know I had to.” I said confused as to why he would think I would drive back.

“Oh. I just thought since you don’t really drink …”
“Um no. I was actually planning on drinking tonight. Knowing Rachel, she has planned out something really embarrassing for me and Ronnie to do. She’s already hinted that she has something planned.”

“Hmm. We’ll figure something out.”

We got to the party a bit late so parking was a bit hard to find. We found a spot ten minutes later. It was down the hill from the party.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!!!!!” I screamed when I saw Rachel.

“Aww. Thank you!” She said giving me a hug.

“Girl, you look smokin’ hot!” I told her

“I better.” I handed her her gift. “Oooooh! I’m gonna open it now!”

“Goooo! You’re gonna loooooove it!.” I laughed excited to see her expression.

“WHAT THE F--” She screamed over the music blaring.

“YOU GOT HER A THONG?!!?!?!?!” Ronnie announced materializing at our side.

“NO!” I was laughing so hard now. “It’s a sleeping mask!”

After we our laughter died down, Ronnie went straight to the point and asked what I had to tell them. Rachel also jumped in. I laughed at how crazy they were acting. It took me about a good five minutes to drag them outside and shut them up before I could actually even start to tell them anything.

“Ok. So remember that night I got drunk and we were talking about kissing John and blah blah blah?” I asked even though I knew they remembered just as clearly as I did.

“Duh!” The two of them rolled their eyes at me. ”Who could forget that. You were babbling to anyone and everyone.”

“Whatever! Aaaanyway, after John took me home, I was pretty nervous and I wasn’t gonna do it. But I thought what the heck. And--”

“YOU KISSED!!! OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!” Rachel was jumping now.

“Yes, we kissed and--”

“Hey girlfriend! I’ve been looking for you.” John screamed as he walked towards us. I blushed. Well there goes telling them alone.

Both girls looked at me with the biggest smiles on their faces whilst holding the expression telling me they were going to gloat later when John was gone.

“Happy Birthday Rach!” He greeted giving her a hug.

“Hey John.” They said together giving him these looks. I rolled my eyes.

“So you finally got the balls to ask Tori huh?”

“I was waiting when you would come after me for waiting so long.” He laughed.

“Wait. What?” Ronnie asked confused at his statement.

“Yea, I mean it’s been like what? a week.” He said. Rachel looked at me. “Wait. You didn’t tell them?”

“Well, I was in the middle of doing just that when you screamed for me.”

“Oops.” He said shrugging. “Anyway, I’m going to have to steal Tori away for a minute ladies.”

“Ok but bring her back soon. We need to finish talking.” Ronnie instructed.

“Hurry back Tori. Don’t make any babies!” Rachel called to us as we walked away.

Apparently John wanted me to get Kennedy to talk to Camylle. For the longest time Kennedy has had the biggest crush on her and everyone knew. A bit ironic how now we were the ones urging people to confess their love to each other when just a week ago we wouldn’t have even thought about becoming a couple ourselves.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t the ex” said a familiar voice.

“NICK!!!” I tackled the red head in the biggest bear hug. “I can’t believe you’re here! I haven’t seen in you forever!!”

“It’s nice to see you too. And we haven’t seen each other in a whole year. ” He laughed. “How’ve you been?”

Nick and I used to be a together. He was my first ever boyfriend but we both realized after about three months of being together that we were not going to work. He was in love with another girl and it was around that time that I realized my feelings for John. Plus we were really really young. I was only 14 at that time. After we broke up we still remained good friends – one of my best friends actually.

We caught up for a bit. He told me about his newly ex-girlfriend and the new CD his band, A Rocket to the Moon, had coming out. I told him about me and John and a bunch of other things going on in my life. It was just like old times, hanging out, joking around, teasing each other.
I found Ronnie and Rachel an hour and 4 drinks later. Rachel was with Garrett doing things with their mouths no one else should ever have to see. Ronnie on the other was easier to spot, laughing loudly as she danced to the music the dj put on.

“Ok, so we think you owe us.” Ronnie told me seriously. “You would have never and I mean never had the guts to admit to yourself and John that you liked him if we didn’t force you.”

I gave them both a pointed look.

“It’s true. You look ten times happier already and it’s only been a week!” Rachel added.

“Alright fine, I owe you.” I grudgingly agreed. “Spa next week?”

“No, we have something better.” Rachel smiled mischievously. Uh oh. “We all know how you hate to use that amazing voice, but it shouldn’t be wasted soo we want you to sing.”

“TONIGHT?!?!?!” I so did not want to do this. “Why do you always pick on me?”

“Because we love you!” They laughed. “We know you’d never do it alone; we’re just giving you a nudge.”

“Anything else please!” I begged “I don’t even know everyone here.”

“You know most.” Ronnie pointed out. “And that’s beside the point. You love singing! I don’t even get why you get scared. You dance”

“It’s not the same!” I argued weakly.

“Nope, we aren’t changing our minds.” Rachel said dragging me towards the stage.

I caught John and Nick’s eye as Rachel was on stage hyping up the crowd. Help I mouthed to them. Both gave me confused looks as Ronnie began to usher me on to the stage.

The first notes of ‘Dancing In the Moonlight came on and I knew there was no turning back I too a deep breath, said a quick greeting and let the words out.

We get it on most every night
When that moon is big and bright
It’s a supernatural delight
Everybody’s dancing in the moonlight

We get
Everybody here is out of sight
They don’t bark and they don’t bite
They keep things loose they keep it tight
Everybody’s dancing in the moonlight

Dancing in the moonlight
Everybody’s feeling warm and bright
It’s such a fine and natural sight
Everybody’s dancing in the moonlight


It wasn’t so bad after awhile. In fact, I was having fun. I was dancing and moving around the stage and it felt pretty darn good.

We like our fun and we never fight
You can’t dance and stay uptight
It’s a supernatural delight
Everybody was dancing in the moonlight

Dancing in the moonlight
Everybody’s feeling warm and bright
It’s such a fine and natural sight
Everybody’s dancing in the moonlight


People were dancing and singing along now and I couldn’t help but laugh at how dumb it was to be afraid to come up and sing.

We get in on most every night
And when that moon is big and bright
It’s a supernatural delight
Everybody’s dancing in the moonlight

Dancing in the moonlight
Everybody’s feeling warm and bright
It’s such a fine and natural sight
Everybody’s dancing in the moonlight


The song ended. I was out of breath and really high. Ronnie and Rachel came up and gave me a hug. All three of us squealed when we got of the stage. I thanked them for making me do it and they went all I told you so on me. Luckily I was saved by John who grabbed me by the waist and twirled me around telling me how great I was. I put my arms around his neck and kissed him. It was a long, sweet kiss and it was so him, so us. But it was cut short by someone fake coughing and another voice telling us to get a room. The two of us laughed as he put my down and resorted to hugging my chest.

John and I were pretty much glued to the hip for the rest of the night and morning I guess. We drank more drinks and danced. The only time I remember being away from him was when Nick asked me to dance. He claimed the song playing to be ‘our song’ since it was the song we danced to during homecoming. He also said he wanted to reive that night when we were and I quote ”A happy couple.” I rolled my eyes at that one. But we still did it, dancing in the same manner as that night 3 years ago. With all the turns and jumps and twists included, I knew my feet would be messed up tomorrow. I couldn’t care less though. I was drunk, happy and not single.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo this took forever and I am extremely sorry from the bottom of my heart.
I hope this long one will make up for it a bit. It's almost 7 pages! :)

So before I go, i just want to clear things up.
1. Nick and Tori were together when she was 14 and he 16.
2. He took her to her homecoming when she was 17 even though they broke up.
3. I changed her age to 20 instead of 19. John is still 21.

So yeah that's it, I guess.

Tori
Ronnie
Rachel

Title credit: Like It's Her Birthday by Good Charlotte.
Comment if you want.