Status: Coming back

Right Girl

I'm Waiting

I woke up confused and with massive headache the next morning. My room was never this bright this early or maybe it’s the hangover. I slowly opened my eyes and became even more confused this was definitely not my room although it was a very familiar room.

Just as I was connecting the dots, I felt the bed shift beside me. I turned and came extremely close to John’s sleeping face. What was I doing sleeping in John’s room beside an almost completely naked John? I began to freak out. Did we… have sex? We couldn’t, right? I mean it’s his parent’s house. He wouldn’t, at least not with me. Or would he?

“John.” I whispered shaking him slightly as well as trying to move out of his arms.

“unf mmm.” He mumbled still sleeping. My head was throbbing and freaking out wasn’t making it better. I shook him again. “Boo.”

“John!” I tried one more time hoping he would wake up completely.

“What is it, boo?” He asked lifting his head an inch of the pillow.

“Did- did we- do anything?” I asked my voice getting weird. He looked at me then looked down at his body.

“No Tori, we did not do anything.” He smirked.

“Get that stupid smirk off your face boy!” I ordered. “You try waking up with a headache and not remembering things.”

“Baby, I have.” He smiled.

We stayed in bed while he gave me a recap of the night before. Slowly, I began to remember bits and pieces, like my mind would play certain scenes from the night before. Some embarrassing like dancing to Milkshake on top of the table, other very funny and one both embarrassing and disgusting -John was holding my hair in his bathroom as I emptied my stomach.

“Ugh, I can’t believe I did that!”

“Believe it baby. It was unsightly to say the least.” John laughed.

“You’re mean.” I complained.

“It’s just the truth.” John said. “I still love you.”

“You – you do? You…love me?” I asked. Love was a strong word and I wasn’t ready to say it or hear it from him for that matter.

“Yeah. I guess I do.” He whispered. “I love you.”

“John, I…” I started.

“You don’t have to say it if you aren’t ready. Just – I do. I love you and I want you to know that.” He kissed me and kissed me and kissed me and kissed me until the door opened.

“John! How many times do I have to tell you to clean this mess up?” Jenny walked in looking around not yet seeing the bed. “Oh my!”

We were caught. I blushed.

“Good morning, mom.” He greeted as I moved out of the bed.

“Good morning” I echoed. I was now very embarrassed. The mom of my boyfriend just caught me in her son’s bed where said son was laying down partially naked.

“Actually it’s almost lunch. Are you staying Tori?” She said a bit too formally.

“Yea.” John answered, as I was saying no. I gave him a look. Jenny nodded yes and hurriedly left the room.

Everyone could feel the awkwardness in the air during lunch. Jenny was extremely on edge like the slightest wrong move and she’d blow. I felt extremely bad, I knew it was partly my fault.

“John, stop it!” I whispered for the nth time as he tried to pull me closer to him. I decided I would take matters into my on hands and calm Jenny’s mind. I mean I knew I had nothing to hide, I was and will be a virgin until the day I get married. “Not now ok.”

“Tori. My mom isn’t mad.” John sighed running his hand through his hair.

“I don’t care if she’s mad or not. It doesn’t feel right knowing she saw us ok?” I said. “Look, I’m going to talk to her.”

“Hey, Jenny. Do you need any help?” I asked walking into the kitchen.

“Sure, um if you could wipe the dishes, that would be great.” I nodded and moved to the sink. We worked in silence for awhile as I tried to word what I wanted to say.

“Jenny?” I said looking at her.

“mmm?”

“We didn’t – John and I, uh we didn’t do anything.” I said, she looked at me confused.

“I’m not getting you dear.”

“Wedidn’thavesex.” I said quickly then sighed. “I’m still a virgin, I swear.”

“Oh, honey!” She cried grabbing me. “Thank goodness. I’m sorry for acting strange. But I love both of you very much and I just don't want to see you ruin your lives so young. A baby is amazing but you just, you have to know, there’s a time for everything. Do you get what I’m saying?”

“Yeah of course. Jenny, I’m going to wait..”

“Wait for what?” John asked walking into the kitchen.

“Um wait…you know.” I said as John the 4th came into the kitchen as well. I need a break all this awkwardness is getting to me, giving me a side of headache to go with my headache.

“Oooooh! Wait.” Let the awkward silence begin in 3, 2, and 1.

John took me home where we watched, after a serious amount of begging, Wild Child. While the movie played, I couldn’t help but think of the look on John’s face when he realized I wasn’t going to have sex with him and I knew it was only a matter of time before he would question me.

“Tor? You awake?” John asked just as I was falling asleep.

“Mmm?”

“When you told my mom you were going to wait, did you mean it?”

“Yeah John I did.” I whispered after awhile looking up to see his expression.

“Oh. Why? I mean, it’s great you want to wait and I support your decision a hundred percent. I just want to know why.”

“I guess I just…. I want to be sure that whoever I do it with the first time will be the only one I will ever do it with.”

“Ok, I can respect that.” He said.

“Thank you John. For understanding I mean.”

“Anything for you boo.” He whispered into my hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok it's short a bit pointless and all over the place. I doubt it makes any sense or will be useful in the story at all but its whats i had written so....

Tori

Please comment. Should i stop writing the story?
Title Credit: Waiting Outside The Lines by Greyson Chance