Status: Coming back

Right Girl

Old Enough

“One Low Fat Iced Caramel Macchiato for James!” I called out to the crowded Starbucks.

“Thanks.” A tall guy who looked around 20 with baby blues eyes and dark brown hair took the coffee from my hand. He looked great, I mean I know I have a boyfriend whose amazing but a girl can still look can’t she.

“No problem. Enjoy your coffee! Have a good day.” I smiled.

“Hey there sexy! When’s your break?” A familiar voice asked just as I was turning around to make another drink.

“In like 30 minutes creep.” I responded finally putting a face to the voice. It was Nick Santino.

“Ok, I’ll wait. I need to talk to you.” He said walking to the other end of the counter to most likely buy a drink.

At exactly 4:30 my shift ended and Nick came up to bug me for 50th time in that 30 minutes.
“Ok ok! I’m done let me change.” I quickly changed out if the standard black polo and green apron and put on my blouse then headed back out to where Nick was waiting.

“Finally! Longest 35 minutes of my life.” Nick exclaimed.

“You are such a drama queen.” I told him.

“Come on we’re getting ice cream.” He grabbed y hand and began to drag me to the car.

“I can walk fine, thank you very much.” I said pulling my hand out of his. “And ice cream sounds good but no coffee!”

“Whatever pleases you beautiful.” He winked and I just laughed rolling my eyes at him.

Nick Santino was a flirt and everyone knew it. He would kiss you on the cheek, call you pet names, text you extremely cheesy pick up lines and sometimes when he’s feeling really good he’ll dance dirty extremely close to you. But we all know that he’s harmless. He talks big, but he’s the biggest sweetheart coming up right next to John. I totally love him as a big brother which is why I ate the Coffee ice cream he got me even when I told him not to.

“You know you still owe me a good story.” He told me as he finished up his Macadamia Nut Ice Cream.

“I do?” I asked taking a sip of his water since I finished mine and was way to lazy to put my hand up and ask for more.

“Um yeah! You and John?”

“Oh believe me it’s not that good.”

“I don’t care. I’ll tell you mine after.”

“Alright. Fine.” So I told him the whole story right from the first party down to last detail. Of course he laughed at the end saying how John was always a little late when it came to girls.

“That’s just classic Tori. We always knew you were impatient but really, the first move? I won’t be surprised if you asked him to marry you.” I punched him on the arm.

“Wait! What time is it?” I suddenly remembered Taylor and her phone call from the night before.

“Um 5:30 why?”

“Oh shoot! I’m gonna be late.” I stood quickly and he followed suit.

“Late for what?” He ran to catch up with me.

“Taylor, she needs me to…”

“To what?”

“I’ll tell you on the way there come on.”

We made it just in time to Taylor’s house but not without running 2 stoplights and speeding. I swear I saw a cop car behind us.

“You are crazy you know that!” Nick said walking up the steps.

“Well ‘scuse me for wanting to be on time.” I knocked on the door “TAYLOR!”

“You don’t have to scream your pretty little head of you know the doorbell works just fine.” She said as she opened the door carrying a little baby. “Hey there cutie.”

“He’s taken.” I snorted as I pushed past her into the house.“ Taylor, you don’t call at 12 am saying you need help like that unless it’s an emergency! You have no idea how scared I was.”

“Sorry. I just really needed you to say yes.” She shrugged. “Tori, don’t be rude!”

“Oh right! Nick this is my cousin Taylor. Taylor, Nick.” I introduced the two.

“Hey! Nice to meet you.” She pulled him in for an awkward hug seeing as the baby was still in her arms.

“And this cutie pie over here is my niece Sammy.” I gushed taking the baby from Taylor.

“Ok any way Tori. I have all the numbers written down in the notebook. It’s in the bag. She pretty much eats anything. She’s an angel. I doubt you’ll have a problem but if you do you can call me anytime.” Taylor informed me as she went around picking up toys and putting them in a bag. “I’ll be back in a week. I know I owe you big time. But this is my shot.”

“I… yeah I get it. Are you sure though I mean me?” I was suddenly unsure of myself and I wondered what I was thinking the night before that drove me to say yes to such a crazy idea. I mean I wasn’t even really legal.

“Tori, you’ll do fine. I trust you. I‘ve seen you with kids. They love you. I know you can do it. That’s why I chose you”

“Are you sure it isn’t because I am your only cousin who lives within driving distance?”

“Ok that too. But still!”

“Alright. I’ll call you. Now you have to go. You’re gonna miss you’re flight!” I say pushing my fears aside.

“Ok! Bye Sammy girl! I’ll see you soon. You be good for mommy ok? Don’t give your auntie Tori a hard time.” She hugged Sammy one last time and she was out the door and into the cab waiting on the curb.

“I guess we should get the stuff?” I wasn’t really sure what I was supposed to do now.

“Yeah. Do you need to get the…crib?” I laughed at that one.

“No, no. The twins’ crib is still at home. Um could you just put these in the car. I’ll go around to see if I need anything else.”

“Okie dokie hokey pokey.” He saluted and took the bags.

I moved quickly around the house picking up a few more toys then checked the fridge to see if there was any baby food left. None, typical Taylor. I guess, I was doing this the hard way. Buy and try.

“Hey Tori! How do you put the carseat in?”

“Um, you…put it in?”

We finally figured out the carseat and made it home at about 6:30. I thanked Nick for helping me and promised to see him again before he left.

“What do you want to do tonight Sammy girl?” I cooed to the baby.

She stared at me. Her big eyes wide, she looked so cute until she let out a loud wail.

“Hey now baby girl it’s ok. I got you. Shh” I tried to sooth her. “Shh.”

She stopped crying after I fed her but started again soon after. It was gonna be a long night
♠ ♠ ♠
No drama yet... But it's coming. I promise you it's coming.
So the baby is important in starting the drama.

Tell me what you think. What's gonna happen next? Or just anything Please comment! Please please please.... Can i get at least 3 for the next chapter?

Title Credit: Twenty Tomorrow by Ben Rector