Status: Coming back

Right Girl

I need you to understand

“Rach. What am I gonna do? He hates me.” I asked her over the phone after my class.

“Babes, I’m sure he doesn’t hate you. Wouldn’t you be mad if he kept a secret from you?” She acquired.

“Well… I guess so but he wasn’t angry Rach, he was livid, like the way you and Jake used to fight except 100 times worse.”

“Tori, I’m sure if you go over to his house after your class you guys will be goofing off like nothing even happened.” She reassured me. I sighed. “Look, I have to go but go over there and call me after alright.”

“Ok, bye Rach.” I said.

“Bye hun.” She said hanging up.

I saw Tyler walking towards me. I ran my fingers thru my hair. To say I was a mess was an understatement, my hair was frizzy, my eyes were puffy from the lack sleep and the tears that fell again the night before. It wasn’t as bad as Sunday night but it was bad. I looked I rolled around the bed ,which isn’t actually far from what did, and just threw something on quickly when I realized I was late except I took me about an hour to look decent and well decent right now isn’t exactly decent.

I smiled trying to push John to the back of my mind. Tyler sat down next to me on the bench. We sat there for a few minutes, him staring at me. His eyes felt like they were burning my face. When I could not take it anymore I smiled and looked away.

“Hi” I said looking back.

“Hey” He chuckled. “Where’ve you been?”

“Me, I’ve been here! Where’ve you been?” I exclaimed.

“Oh well I’ve been working on something for you” He grinned mischievously.

“Oooh, a surprise!! When do I get to see it?” I asked getting excited.

“Well…” He said dragging the word out slowly.

“Aww, come on you can’t leave me hanging! You told me now you have to show me!” I said elbowing him.

“Oh alright come .” He said pulling me up. We ran, up the steps, around the fountain, through the field. We ran until we lost our breaths and stopped at the door of the fire exits laughing. He covered my eyes with his hands and led me up the stairs.

“Ty! Where are you taking me?” I asked giggling.

“It’s a surprise. It wouldn’t be fun if I told you now would it” He said as he pushed open a door and I felt the hot Arizona air in face.

“Are you ready?” He whispered in my ear. I nodded. He pulled off his hand revealing the most beautiful makeshift garden I have ever seen.

“Wow!” I whispered

“Remember when you said you always wanted to dance on the roof of a building with music playing in the background just like in the movies?” I nodded. “Well, it’s not all that but-”

“It’s perfect.” I said cutting him off.

He grabbed my hand and we danced with music. We danced and danced, to fast songs and slow songs, to songs that should never be danced to. We stayed up there talking some and for the first time since Sunday night, John was not the first thing in my head he was far from it.

I took Matt to the O’Callaghan’s house to see Shane. I also took him as an excuse to actually go there and see John. It was not exactly a very smooth ride over there. I was a wreck I was so nervous my palms were sweating and I took all I had in me to get us there in one piece.

John and Kennedy answered the door, Shane not to far behind. Matt went straight in meeting Shane by the stairs and they went up to do who knows what. Then it was just me, John and Kennedy in the middle. Kennedy was all smiles while John well… John was far from happy to see me, he wasn’t scowling but the way he held the door, I’ve seen him hold the door that way when we didn’t want you around. Kennedy though seemed oblivious to our silent conversation.

“Hey Tori, you gonna come in and give us a live performance” he joked.
“Uh…Actually I have to go do uh something. Sorry.” I stammered. “Say hi to the guys for me.”

“Hey, come on. Come in for a sec just say hi then you can go” Kennedy urged.

I looked at John willing him to say something to me. When he didn’t I knew I had hurt him deep and it was going to take a lot more than a few days to make it up to him. I didn’t know what to do but I knew that I was not going to go in that house until he was ready to forgive me. It was the only thing I could do for now- give him space.

“Sorry Ken. Really really sorry John. Bye Guys. Oh and uh tell Matt I’ll pick him after dinner.” I said looking at John, his eyes were emotionless. He didn't even flinch when i said sorry.

“Ok . Bye. Come by earlier if you finish buying something” he called using air quotations around buying something.

I sat down inside the car. A tear rolled down my eye. My best friend hates me that I knew for sure now. I took a deep breath and drove down a couple houses before I stopped. I leaned my head down on the wheel. I don’t know how long I was there but I stayed until I was calm enough to call Rachel. I told her the whole thing my emotions getting the better of me.

Little did I know that after I left, Kennedy came out and saw me stop. He stood there and waited for me to move. He watched me cry and talk to Rachel, when I finished he came up to the car. A tap in my window and i realized what he did. I rolled down the window.

"What's wrong Tori?" He asked.

"N-nothing, I'm fine" I lied. He stared at me.

"Ok don't lie. You've been in this car for 20 minutes and you haven't moved. Your eyes are red and your nose is stuffy. What's wrong?" He asked again.

"It's a long story." I said. He walked to the other side of the car and sat in the passengers seat.

"I'm all ears." He told me seriously.

I told him everything except that i LOVED my best friend as more than a friend. I could only tell someone who would understand.I needed someone like John.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long. I've been pre-occupied.
Comments make me happy and motivate me. Tell me what you think.
Should i continue this story???
Title Credit: Need You by Travie Mccoy