Status: Updated 2/25/14.

Stop Believing in the Lie

This Broken Ankle Ain't Got Nothing On You

While we were back in Washington for a week, my boys experienced three losses, which were to the Rangers, Red Wings and on OT loss to the Devils. Let me tell you that Alex wasn't feeling too well after those games. Today is an off day for them and for me, so all I wanted to do was relax at my apartment; I am tired and my ankle is obviously still a major pain. May is at work, so unfortunately, I am alone today, at least until she gets off work. I decided just to stay in my room since I didn't feel like using my crutches more than I needed to.

"I am so bored. What the fuck am I gonna do all day?" I said to myself.

Approximately ten minutes later, my doorbell rung, so I had to get up and answer the door. I wondered who the hell it could be as I made my way down the hall. When I finally saw who was at the door, a smile appeared on my face.

"Hey. What are you doing here?"

"Well, I knew that you were going to be alone all day, so I thought I'd come and make it better."

"Thank you! I was thinking that I was going to be bored all day."

I let him in and shut the door.

"You know that I could have gotten that?"

"Yeah." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"What were you planning on doing today?" he asked as we made our way down the hall.

"Watch movies, read, be on the computer, etc, etc."

I sat down on my bed and got comfortable. He saw my unhappy face and pulled me towards him and kissed me. I smiled after we separated.

"Better?"

"Yes. Thank you." I said placing my head onto his shoulder.

Just having his presence here made my day instantly better; even if we don't do much of anything, I am much happier.

"How's your ankle?"

"Okay. I hate being limited to what I can do, though."

He nodded. I felt his arm around my waist which caused me to let out a content sigh.

"What movie do you want to watch?" he asked.

"Don't know. Let me look."

I found something romantic that I hoped he wouldn't mind watching. I smirked when I found it.

"How about this one?" I said laughing.

He looked at it and made a face.

"Really?"

"Yes."

I smiled and he looked at me and attacked me with his lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck, really getting into it. As soon as I felt his lips on my neck, I let out a moan; I had never been in this kind of 'situation' with a guy before, so this felt absolutely wonderful. I caught his eyes gazing up at me, then he smiled and went back to what he was doing. I ran my hands through his ever messy hair right before he came back to me.

"That was fun." he said.

"Yes. It was." I said nodding.

"You still wanna watch that movie?"

"I actually do."

He shook his head with a smirk on his face. I went to go put the dvd in my dvd player, but Alex stopped me before I even rose out of bed.

"I could've done that, you know."

"Yeah, but the more you rest your ankle, the faster it will heal."

I rolled my eyes.

"Alright. Whatever."

After he put it in, he pulled me closer to him and wrapped an arm around my waist. I never thought that I'd feel this way about him ever, but now, I've never been happier and I can't imagine being without him. He still may be a little cocky, but other than that, he's a great guy and a fantastic boyfriend that I'm so lucky to have. I felt someone shaking me about a half hour later; I must've fallen sleep.

"Sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"For falling asleep. That's what."

He shook his head.

"What?"

"You being so...I don't know...odd sometimes. It's hilarious."

"I'm glad that I amuse you then."

He kissed my cheek. We then continued to watch the movie, but I wondered what the hell we would do once it was over.

"What do you want to do now?"

"Can we make out?" he asked.

I stifled a laugh.

"We can, but that won't last all day."

He gave me the puppy dog look. I rolled my eyes, but I was a sucker for that face; he was too adorable.

"I can't resist you. Let's make-out."

He smiled his goofy smile and moved onto my lap. Hours later when dinnertime came around, I was in my living room waiting for Alex to come back with our Mexican food. Right before he arrived, my phone rang and I immediately assumed it was May.

"Hello?"

"Hey. How'd your day go? Was it boring?"

"It was actually great. Alex surprised me by coming over hours ago. As a matter of fact, he's on his way back from picking up dinner."

"That's so sweet. See, I told you that he was a great guy, not just the guy they portray in the media."

"I know. I honestly don't know what I'd do without that crazy Russian." I said laughing at the end.

May laughed as well. I was startled when I heard the door shut. I wonder if he heard any of the conversation; I was going to find out soon enough. He sat down beside me and I knew that I had to hang up the phone.

"May?"

"Yeah?"

"I'll have to call you back. Alex just got back."

"Ok. I'll talk to you later then."

"Bye."

"Bye."

*click*

"Hi." I said.

"Hi."

"How much of that did you hear?"

"I heard the last part when you called me a crazy Russian." he said trying to keep a straight face.

I laughed. His attempt at trying to keep a straight face was a complete and utter failure.

"Do you consider that an insult or a compliment?"

"Compliment. Definitely."

"Good."

After eating our ridiculously delicious dinner, we watched movies until we fell asleep on the couch, wrapped up in each other's embrace.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter, but I hope everyone enjoys it.
I know the chapter title's weird, but it seemed to fit.