Legendary Party

Chapter 4: The Rescue Part 2

Lan and Danny went around searching the house from the hall to each of the bedrooms and even the basement and garden but just find no presence of Huo. Lan was getting more and more anxious, he couldn’t imagine how scared Huo is somewhere in the dark with all the stupid fellows trying to harm her mentally and physically. Lan just don’t feel like talking and kept searching like mad person. Danny wanted to say something but they only left with 10 minutes.
Suddenly, a voice came out again. Danny recognised the voice; it was from the black coated man. This time round, there was no screen, just the irritating voice of him.
Black coated man: “You had only 10 minutes left, don’t tell me you still can’t find her. So pity of you two. This isn’t a big place right, it’s quite easy to find, why can’t you just do it? Hiaz…I am so bored of this game, this isn’t fun at all. Let’s try something else, what about I tell you where she is and both of you try to save her yourself. Well, do you accept this new game?”
Lan: “Please, I begged you, tell me where she is..please, I begged you…”
Danny: “Lan…”

Black coated man: “Alright, I’ll tell you, have you noticed a black endless pathway at the end of the corridor. I guessed both of you thought that it was just a piece of wall hiding in the dark or you have no guts to go in. Haha…it seemed that I guessed right, just pushed the wall and another pathway will be open for you. Be careful as the real traps are hidden there, once you reached the end of the pathway, there would be an staircase leading to an empty room. There, you will find your sweetheart. Bye, kids, good luck to you.”

The man disappeared and the lights of the pathway turned lighter. To prevent sudden blackout, Danny brought some matchstick with her, Lan went ahead to the pathway while Dan followed behind.

Just as both of them decided to continue walking, the patch of tiles under Danny’s foot suddenly fall off and Danny went down with the tile. Danny screamed and Lan heard her voice, he looked behind and grabbed Danny’s hands as fast as he could. Luckily, Lan reaches his hand successfully and pulled Danny up to the pathway. The tile that fall off just now stick back to its originally position. Obviously, it was a trap for them, luckily Lan was alert enough to save Danny if not this could be the last day of Danny’s life.

Along the pathway, both Danny and Lan held each other hands and walked securely and slowly. Each tile they stepped on, they had to confirm its firmness and the journey looked endlessly. Finally, they reached the staircase and it was indeed dark and unknown. Danny took out her matchsticks and lit them on, she gave one of them to Lan and both of them walked down the staircase. They thought they were safe from traps and walked down quicker, neither they known, the staircase was slippery at inner side and both of them tripped and rolled down the staircase.

At last, they reached the room where the man said, Lan sat up and helped Danny. Both of them inspected the room and found Huo was inside the room. Just when Lan wanted to go nearer, he was blocked by a yellow coloured aura. The aura looked like some invisible wall and even Danny couldn’t go near it. Lan tried a few times but he couldn’t pass through it and he screamed. His noises alert Huo who was sleeping behind the invisible wall.
Huo: “Lan, it was you and Danny...why were you here. Go…now…” Huo was too tired to continue and she looked at Lan and Danny with her weary eyes. Huo was handcuffed at the wall and she looked so tired, it seemed like she was starved for many days. Lan was heartbroken when he say how pathetic Huo is. He became more frustrated and kept banging the wall, hoping that miracle would appear. Danny’s tears couldn’t hold on anymore and rolled down her cheeks as she saw the poor couple separated by an invisible wall.
Lan shouted: “Whoever you are, come out now! How can you…how can you do this to a pregnant woman?! You are cruel, you are cold-blooded, you sucking fellow, come out and fight with me. I would make sure you repay this…you come out now!”

Just as Danny trying to calm Lan now, the black coated man appeared. There was no screen, no voice but his true ownself. His face was unknown this time round and stood beside Huo, grabbing her chin and tried to wake her up. However, Huo was too tired to recognise anyone and fainted once again.

Lan shouted even furiously: “Huo..! Let go of her…please, let go of her….I begged you. I will do whatever you asked, just let her go…”

The black coated man seemed to be pleased with the situation, he laughed as loud as he could and even Danny had to shut her ears from the horrible laugh. Just as Lan going to charge to the black coated man, some masked man appeared from behind and stood in front of Lan. He blocked Lan’s movement and carried Danny onto his shoulder. Lan tried to struggle but was hit by the masked man. He fainted while Danny screamed: “Who are you?!” The masked man hit Danny and flew to sky, leaving Huo and the crazy coated man.