Status: Finished :)

Not Your Angel

The Hold.

They weren’t a ’couple’ not only because it didn’t even start to cover what they felt for each other but because none of them had the guts to take the next step in the right direction.
Milan was afraid of getting hurt; Emmett was terrified for the upcoming visit.

But they were making slow progress; Milan was meeting Emmett’s family officially for the first time. She was both nervous and exited as she held Emmett’s hand. They were running from Milan’s house where they had spent the day but left after dark when Amari and Robert had gone to bed.

“What are you so nervous for?” Emmett wondered when they slowed to a walk when they reached the drive way.
“I’m just about to enter a house filled with vampires,” she said and laughed a little. “And the last time I met Carlisle and Esme I attacked her.”
“Oh that…” Emmett said slowly, but burst out in laughter when he saw the wide eyed face of his friend. “There are no hard feelings, she understand why you reacted that way. Just don’t do it again or I’ll have to get you a leash.”
Milan punched his arm which only made him laugh harder as they walked through the wide double doors into a lofty white room.

They all were gathered in the living room; Carlisle and Esme standing closest to the door with kind smiles; Jasper with his arm around a grinning Alice; Edward and a beautiful brunette and Jacob holding the hand of the little girl Milan had seen Emmett with.

“Good evening, Milan,” Carlisle said and stepped forward and shook her hand.
“Hi,” She smiled as Esme hugged her and whispered that the incident was all forgotten.
“Milly, you know Jasper and Alice,” Milan now sat with them at lunch, “And Edward and Jacob,” ha said and guided her towards them. “But this is Bella, Edwards wife; she used to blush even more than you.” He said and made them laugh, Milan blushed.
“It is so good to finally meet, you Milan, Emmett won’t shut up about you,” Bella winked at her; getting back at Emmett.

“And this is Renesmee, my niece.”
“Hi Renesmee,” Milan waved at her a little bit and smiled.
“Hi, Milly,” she said with a shy smile, already using her nickname, “You can call me Nessie, it’s what the rest of my family does.”
Milan felt honored. “Okay, Nessie. How old are you?”
Nessie shot her father a glance which he nodded to before she answered. “I just turned three.”

Milan was taken aback by the girl. “Three years you said? But you look older.”
“In many ways I am. It’s because I’m special, just like you,” Nessie grinned. “Uncle Em told me you’re half shape-shifter like my Jake and half vampire. I am half vampire as well.”
Milan laughed. “I am. Tell, me Nessie, do you hunt?”
Nessie nodded eagerly.
“Then I suggest Emmett should bring you on our next trip.”
She stared at Milan with big, happy eyes before she walked over to her and hugged her around the waist, Nessie already loved her.

There was a sharp knock on the front door which made everyone freeze.
“Damn, I missed it,” Alice mumbled as Carlisle opened the front door.
Emmett’s family unfroze when they saw the blond, painfully beautiful vampire, except Emmett.

He was a statue beside Milan who looked around confused before she locked eyes with the blond woman who stared back at where Milan stood – with Emmett’s arm around her waist –with a confused expression. Milan knew immediately who it was.

Rosalie changed her expression to a happy one as she took a hold of her lover’s hand. They stepped inside and the tension in the room intensified. No one was sure what to do, except Nessie.
“Rose!” She yelled with excitement and threw herself at her aunt with arms and legs. Nessie buried her face in the familiar, wavy blond hair.
“Oh Renesmee, I have missed you so much,” Rosalie said and kissed Nessie’s face.

“Rosalie…” Esme said with a voice filled with relief and joy to see her first daughter again. Rosalie wrapped her arms around Esme in a loving embrace before she did the same to all the other in the room, except Emmett and Milan who stood like to unmoving statues in the middle of the room.

Milan stared up at Emmett but he had his eyes fixated at Rosalie, who didn’t even glance their way anymore. Milan felt the confusion grow, she hated the feeling she felt when Emmett stared at another woman. She wanted to take a hold of his face and make him look at her, or remember her again but she couldn’t move an inch of her body.

“Hi, Emmett,” Rosalie said at last and glanced at him and Milan once more, at Milan with curiosity and well hidden jealousy.
“Rosalie,” Emmett said simply and nodded his head stiffly.
“How have you been?” She asked him as the room emptied one by one until only Rosalie and Colton and Emmett and Milan.

Emmett’s stare intensified to a glare and a silent snarl left his lips. It made Colton step in front of Rosalie and crouch down.
“Emmett, don’t,” Milan whispered and stroked her fingers over his marble cheek.
It was as if he just remembered her and quickly glanced down at her and his whole body softened.

“What is she?” Colton asked, still in a crouch.
“She is special,” Emmett said and turned his head to glare at his rival.
“Emmett, I’ve missed you,” Rosalie stepped around Colton and was right in front of him and placed her hand on his arm.
He flinched away. “Why?”
“We want you to join our coven,” She said. “Colton and I want you to come with us back to Main, where Colton’s sisters live.”

Emmett was torn, his greatest fear had come true, he felt emotions boil inside him, feelings he wanted to resent but couldn’t. “Rose,” His voice was pleading. “Why are you doing this to me?”
“Because we belong together, one way or another,” She glanced at Colton, who nodded his head and obviously in on the game. “Colton understand that I need you in my family.”

“I- I can’t. I can’t leave.”
“Carlisle will understand,” Rosalie pressured with a soft smile.
Emmett stared at her with wide eyes, he felt so drawn to her, as if he belonged to wherever she was.
“No,” Milan said and stepped away from him, sensing what was happening. She clenched her fist and tried to control her anger. “How dare you come here and take him from me?” She screamed at Rosalie before she bolted for the backdoor.

Her body was already a blur and she phased right after she’d opened the door into the raven black wolf. She knew it wasn’t the ideal shape when she wanted to get away from him, she should have stayed in her human shape – no scent.

Emmett was in front of her with his arms spread wide to stop her, “Milly, I’m sorry!”
She barred her teeth at him and tried to get around but he stopped her again. Milan was too upset to think technique.
“Phase back and talk to me,” He commanded.
She moved her big head from side to side, signaling a no.
“Milan,” He said simply and cupped the side of her fury face.

She closed her eyes before she forced herself to take on the other form – it was easier to handle emotions as a wolf when you didn’t have to think… human. She was on her knees but stood up quickly.
“Give me your shirt,” She said when she noticed his eyes wander down her naked body.
Emmett unbuttoned the white shirt he was wearing and handed it to her, which made it harder for Milan to focus with his bare chest in her eye level.

She stared up at him with hurt eyes after she had wrapped the gigantic shirt around her – it reached her mid-thigh – and waited for him to talk.
“I’m sorry,” he said again.
“For what?”
Emmett moved his hand in the direction of the house, “For what happened back there.”
“I just can’t believe you considered going with her after I asked you not to leave me, after you promised me not to hurt me!” She raised her voice.
“I would never have left without you,” He tried to wrap his arms around her.

“But you would have, when you realized I can’t leave my family behind. And it hurts, Emmett, it fucking hurts!” She pounded her fist over her heart. “What hurts even more is that there is nothing I can do to stop you. Because I don’t know if I hold your heart or what I should do to get it.”
“Milly, you do have my heart, you’re my angel. I lov-“
Milan put her hand over his lips to stop him from saying the word. “Don’t say it when you don’t mean it. You don’t love me Emmett, you love her.”

“But I need you.”
Milan closed her eyes and shook her head. “You need her.”

She ran away from him, through the forest faster than the wind, knowing she couldn’t stop before she was sure she was far lost from him. She phased when she had passed the state border and kept on in her wolf form for hours, avoiding the big cities and moving without any specific goal.

Or she thought. She didn’t recognize the city at first because she had only studied it in maps. She phased back just outside it, she had tied Emmett’s shirt around her leg and now she put a torn and dirty shirt on to cover herself before she entered the city and started wandering around in Aberdeen, South Dakota, building up courage.

She approached the street involuntarily after a few hours and strange stared from the towns’ people and before she knew it she stood in front of the door. She raised her fist and knocked on the white front door belonging to a medium sized house.

All he courage disappeared when the door opened and a woman with a kind smile stood behind it. Her smile though changed to a expression of shock, similar to Milan’s face.
“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have come,” Milan said and turned around to leave.

“Milan?” Stina grabbed took a hold Milan’s arm.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this story, do you ?: )

Stina is portrayed by Finola Hughes

I'll update when I have five new comments!

Comment & Subscribe :D


~ BreeVixen