Status: Finished :)

Not Your Angel

The Hope.

Milan sat lost in thoughts at her piano and hummed at a new tune. It had been three days since the day she spent with Emmett in the field. They had been the big gossip at school the following day, and they holding hands didn’t exactly kill the rumors.

Even though she liked spending her time with Emmett - just being near him and see his smile – was she terrified of falling for him and losing herself. The feeling that ruled inside of her was stronger than anything she’d ever felt before.

Milan let her feelings run out her fingertips and used her energy at the piano keys. “I think I'm losing all control now, I don't even know how. But I'm in your rip tide And now I'm inside out,” she sang lowly with her eyes closed in concentration.

Robert heard his daughter silent song and emerged from his office to see if she was okay.
Milan jumped a little bit when she felt a warm hand on her shoulder; she hadn’t noticed the sound of his footsteps.
“A new song?” Robert asked.
Milan nodded and pulled her fingers away from the keys. “Yeah…” she mumbled.
“You know I’m here if you need to talk, Milly,” He kissed the top of her head.

She nodded again. “I’m okay dad.”
“I’ll be in my office,” he said and headed back down the hallway.
Milan stared after him for a second before she cleared her throat. “Hey, dad, I think I want to talk to you anyway.”

Robert smiled and sat down beside her on the wide piano bench. “Emmett?” he simply asked.
Milan smiled weakly at him. “How did you know you were in love with Stina?”
Robert was lost in thought. “I believe you love someone when you realize you can’t live without them, when you feel pain only imagine a life where they don’t exist.”

“But didn’t you love her when she left?”
“I did, but when she gave me the ultimatum to choose between my children and her the choice was easy. Just the fact that she asked me to choose was reason enough not to choose her.”
Milan ran her hand through her hair in frustration. “I don’t understand my feelings.”

“Are you in love with Emmett?” Robert tried to help her.
“No. Yes. Maybe,” Milan let out a frustrated groan. “Not yet.”
“What do you like about him then?”
She couldn’t help but smile. “I like his personality, his smile, the way he treat me and make me laugh.”
“And what don’t you like?”
“I don’t know. How he makes me lose myself. I can’t control what I feel about him. That makes me weak and vulnerable. He could so easily hurt me.”

“Lose yourself?” Robert asked and furrowed his brows. “Because you are falling for him?”
Milan nodded.
“Oh, Milly. You have never met someone that has caught you attention, you haven’t loved anyone else than your brother than me. It’s all new to you. Maybe you’re finding yourself, defiantly not loosing yourself.”
“How can you be so sure?” Milan stared helplessly at him.
“Because I now you. He makes you happy. And you are a good at reading people. If he had bad intentions you would have known.”

“Don’t push him away before you get to know him,” Robert squeezed her hand. “And one thing I have noticed over the thirty years I have known you is that persons like you, vampires as well as shape-shifter feel more, have stronger feelings. Your human side has problem with handling them but you’ll get used to them soon enough.”

“Thanks daddy,” Milan kissed his cheek. “Is it okay if Emmett comes over to watch a film with me?”
Robert laughed wholeheartedly. “Milly, your thirty years old, you don’t have to ask your old man for permission to have a potential boyfriend over.”
Milan hid her blush as she rose from the piano bench.

^^^

Milan heard the doorbell and raced downstairs from her bedroom only to be beaten with a second by Amari. He opened the door and blocked the entire opening from Milan.
“Hi,” she heard Emmett say, “Is Milan here?” He knew she was there, obviously, but he asked to be polite.
“No,” Amari said rudely, “She’s out hunting.”
“Ami!” Milan exclaimed and smacked his back. “Get out of my way.”

He moved unwillingly but stood right behind Milan and made the meeting a whole lot more awkward.
“Ami, please leave, I’ll owe you one,” She turned to him with a smile.
Amari grumbled something untellable and pushed his was around Emmett; he was shaking with suppressed laughter.

“I have a feeling he doesn’t like me,” Emmett said and stepped inside.
“Ami doesn’t like anyone,” She smiled up at him before she walked forwards to him and wrapped her arms around him and breathed in his scent.
Emmett returned the hug eagerly and buried his face in her hair and still searched for her smell. “I missed you.”
“Really?” she looked up at him with stars in her eyes.
Emmett nodded and entangled his hand with hers.

They walked hand in hand up to Milan’s room where she had turned the DVD-player on and only needed to press start. They sat in her bed, first only hands touching. But that wasn’t enough for Emmett; he wanted to feel her soft body next to his. He moved closer to her inch by inch.

Milan noticed it but didn’t say anything; a small made its way onto her lips. Suddenly she was lifted and placed on top of him on the bed. They both forgot about the film
“Emmett!” she laughed and lifted her head to see the playful look on his face. “What are you doing?”
He managed to shrug. “It’s more comfortable this way.”

Milan rested her head in the crook of his neck and breathed in and out slowly; their breaths matched until Milan softly pressed her lips against his neck. Emmett tensed and had to use all his willpower not to throw her down at the bed and attack her with his lips. The sensation that coursed through his body was something he hadn’t felt in a long time. But this was even stronger than anything he’d felt before because it was Milan, she was special and just the smallest thing like her body temperature being a few degrees higher than his made everything feel more intense.

“Milly,” he whispered lowly and took her face between his big hands.
She gazed at him with big serious eyes before she leaned forward and let her lips linger at the side of his mouth – he had to do the rest, she had gone a long way just to place the kiss on his neck.

Emmett made their lips meet in a slow passionate filled kiss. Milan let him dominate the kiss but she wrapped her arms around his neck. Emmett moved his mouth to a spot right below her ear after a few seconds.
“I can’t seem to hide what I feel about you, Em,” she said a little out of breath.
Emmett smiled against her skin. “You shouldn’t hide them for me.”

“But I’m scared,” she whispered and pressed her cheek against his.
“You don’t have to be scared, Milly, I’ll never hurt you,” he answered. He knew what she’d meant.
“I sure hope you won’t.”
“Trust me. You have revived so many feelings in me you couldn’t believe it.”

“Do you want to spend the night here?” Milan asked him out of the blue. “I don’t want to be alone now.”
Emmett fell silent. “I can’t.”
“Why?” she asked in a surprised voice.
“Because I have to go out of town for a few days,” Emmett answered and brushed his fingers over her chin.
“Why?”

He frowned. “Alice has seen Rosalie coming. I don’t want to meet her.”
Milan pursed her lips. “You don’t have to go if she doesn’t mean anything to you. My dad told me that you only love the people you can’t imagine your life without.”
Emmett’s voice sounded slightly desperate. “But it hurts too much, Milly. I just can’t.”
“Of course you can. I’ll hold your hand Em.”

Emmett was terrified on the effect Rosalie could have on him. He was terrified that it would ignite the feeling he once had for her. “Milly…”
“Don’t leave me,” Milan said and put pressure on each word before she pressed her mouth against his once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song.

Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate them!

I'll update when I have five new comments :)

Comment & Subscribe .


~ BreeVixen