Status: Finished :)

Not Your Angel

The Apology.

It was getting dark outside, but they stopped in the middle of the lawn – Milan glared at Emmett and Emmett looked at Milan desperately. Milan had no words; she didn’t know what to say.

Emmett did. “I would’ve never left you behind.”
She didn’t reply, her glare only intensified – as if she wished she could inflict pain on him with her eyes. And she did. It pained Emmett to see her glare at him with such hatred and hurt eyes.
“I told her to leave; the second I realized you were gone I made her leave. She will never come back. That’s okay because I don’t love her. An angel stole my heart.”

“I’m not your Angel, Emmett Cullen!” She yelled at him.
He took a step towards her. “Milan, please forgive me. I never intended hurting you. I was taken aback and surprised on Rosalie’s offer. Now I’m disgusted with her and myself. I hurt you, and I’m so, so sorry.”
“Save your apology for someone who cares.” Milan started towards the door but Emmet grabbed her arm and pulled her in front of him.

“But you love me Milly,” He said in a strong voice.
“No I don’t,” Milan replied, but didn’t manage to hide the lie.
Emmett noticed. “Yes you do!”
“I don’t love you!”
Emmett took a hold of her jaw with one of his hand and held her tightly. “Say it.”

“This is even better than a movie,” they heard Rubi say from inside the house.
“Rubi, Amari, get away from the window.” Stina ordered them.

“Say you love me,” Emmett didn’t break the eye contact with Milan. “Milan, say it to me.”
Milan lifted her hand and slapped him across his cheek. He let go of her and Milan hit his chest and pushed at him. “I love you damn it!” She screamed and felt like crying again. “I love you Emmett and I hate it.”
A smile crept onto Emmett’s mouth. “I love you too, Milly.”

“No you can’t. We can’t be. We can’t work.”
“Yes we can. Because we love each other!”
“You already know,” Milan said, slightly defeated.
“Know what?” Emmett asked dumbfounded, and lost his trail of thought for the rest of his speech.
“That we will be together. Alice saw it, didn’t she?”

Emmett had forgotten. “She did!” He grinned like a fool.
Milan shook her head. “But what if-“
“No, no what if’s. It’s me and you, Milan, regardless of what Alice has seen. Me and you now and forever.”
She nodded slowly and stared up in his black eyes. “Okay.”

“Come home with me.”
“Okay,” she said and Emmett wrapped his arms around her.
Milan started shaking and Emmett stroked his hand over her hair.
“Everything is okay, Milly,” he whispered softly to her.
She stood on her tiptoes and pulled his head down so she could press her lips against his in a longing kiss. “I missed you terribly,” she mumbled against his mouth.

^^^

It was a tear wet goodbye – from Rubi and Stina’s side – with promises of keeping in touch, something both Milan and Stina wouldn’t happen. Amari ran ahead in his wolf form, eager to tell him father about Milan’s return. Emmett and Milan ran at a slower pace holding hands, savoring each second they spent together.

Robert stood in the doorway and waited when Milan walked up the drive next to Emmett. He had tears in his eyes.
“Milan,” He whispered in relief and wrapped his arms around her.
Milan buried her face in his neck. “I’m sorry, daddy.”
“Milly, don’t ever leave me like that again.”
“I won’t, I promise.”

Robert looked over Milan’s head at Emmett. “Thank you bringing my Milly home, Emmett.”
Emmett smiled. “Amari didn’t really give her a choice.”
“Are you hungry, Milly?” Robert asked.
She nodded and walked hand in hand with Emmett behind her father into the kitchen.

She waited with the table as Robert warmed the beef for her. Emmett stared at her in amazement as she ate the big piece of meat, and at her father who didn’t flinch but simply sat down from across from her to eat his own pancakes.
Milan noticed his stare and gave him a sheepish grin.

Milan was exhausted after the long run and she and Emmett went up to her room after she had finished her meal.
“Can I stay while you sleep?” Emmett wondered.
“Of course,” Milan smiled softly at him. “But only if you promise to hold me and not freak out when I don’t react to anything.”

Emmett agreed and they lay down under the covers. Milan lay with her head in Emmet’s silent chest and he had his arms around her. Her breaths slowed until she only breathed in and out five times in the minute and Emmett could barley hear her heart. Emmett stroked his fingers tenderly across her cheek and realized that she strangely could never be more of a vampire than she was while she slept.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll update when I have five new comments !

Comment and Subscribe :D


~ BreeVixen