Status: Finished :)

Not Your Angel

The Love.

Milan sat on Emmett’s lap with the lunch table. Alice and Jasper and Jacob and Edward was seated around the table and held their own conversations. Milan was brushing her fingers absentmindedly up and down Emmett’s soft neck. The two, or mostly Milan, had decided to take things slowly. But Milan couldn’t stop the train of thought that formed in her head as she stared at his broad shoulders, the way his shirt tightened over his arms and chest.

Milan leaned closer and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. Emmett smiled at her and tightened his arm around her. He connected his lips with hers in a passionate kiss that didn’t seem to end. Alice laughed silently when she noticed the strain the two lovebirds but on Jasper and Edward.

“But for god’s sake, Milan!” Edward exclaimed. “You are even worse than Emmett!” He said and made them break apart.
Jasper walked away from the table, being sick of their lustful emotions.
Emmett started laughing and rested his forehead against Milan’s. “Milly, you have to be careful. We don’t want to pester Edward’s pure mind,” He said and kept laughing.

Milan slapped his chest playfully. “You horny bastard.”
“You know me,” he smirked and kissed her temple. “Let’s runaway, Milly.”
“Sorry, I promised Nessie I would take her hunting today,” Milan said and turned away from him, “But maybe another day.”
“It’s a date,” Emmett was already exited.

~~~

They walked hand in hand towards Milan’s house after school. The month had passed quickly after Milan’s runaway stunt; but Emmett could remember each moment he spent with her down to the tiniest detail. He savored every second he got with the angel; terrified she would leave again.

“A kiss for your thoughts,” Milan asked and stared up at him. Their hands were swinging between them.
“You wouldn’t leave me again, would you?” His eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the white ground.
“No, of course not, I love you Em.”
“I love you too, Milly.”
She linked her arm with his and rested her head on his shoulder. “You better.”

“I have a surprise for you,” Emmett said secretly.
“Oh really? What would that surprise be?” She asked him skeptically. Emmett had a thing for overly cute romantic gestures; like carving their names into a boulder or fill her bedroom with roses when she was asleep.

He laughed and ruffled her hair. “It is a surprise, I’m not telling.”
“Not fair, Emmett,” Milan whined. “I want to know.”
“Nope,” He said and kept walking. “I’ll surprise you.”
“Fine, but then I don’t want to hang with you,” Milan said and ran into the damp forest at the side of the road, leaving a cursing Emmett behind.

She ran to his place, to pick up Renesmee. It was the little girl who had requested the hunting trip and she told Jacob sternly to stay at home. Milan gave her a piggy-back ride until they reached the place where Milan had seen some moose a few days earlier.

“Thank you for hunting with me, Milly,” Nessie said as she ran side by side with Milan.
Milan gazed down at her and smiled. “It’s okay. You remind me of myself when I was younger. And I wish I had someone besides my brother to hunt with back then.”

“Shh…” she put a finger over her mouth. “Listen.”
Nessie picked up the sound of their beating hearts immediately and she noticed how thirsty she really was. “I want the biggest bull!” she whispered.
“I’ll help you,” Milan grinned and led the way.

A herd of five bulls were grassing at a clearing, not sensing them yet. Renesmee danced towards the leader and gracefully jumped on its back. She took a hold of its antlers. The bull was infuriated, of course and Milan ran forward and quickly snapped his neck.

She went after one of the smaller bulls as Nessie started drinking of the gigantic animal. Milan drained it quickly and found a smiling hunter sitting on top of her prey stroking its coat.
“Jacob never let me take the biggest one. He wants me to hunt rabbits and squirrels.”
Milan laughed and sat down at the ground so she could rest her back against the warm animal. “I’m sure he just wants you to be careful.”

“Yeah, I know. I’m lucky to have him. But sometimes I get so tired of everyone looking out for me and telling me to be careful. It’s like they are wrapping me in tissue paper in fear of me scraping my knee. I’m not that soft or weak.”

“I know you’re not, but vampires, they think they are so superior of us, they don’t understand our humanity, nor that we are like them,” Milan explained.

“So, basically, we are the best of both worlds?” Renesmee asked as a smile crept onto her lips.
“Yeah, we are the best of both worlds, Nessie,” Milan grinned at her.

~~~

Milan took the shape of her inner wolf and carried Nessie home on her back. Milan was a petite wolf so she easily walked through the wide double doors at the big mansion. She was the size of a big dog, like the Great Dane.

Nessie jumped of her back and quickly wrapped her small arms around Milan’s furry neck in a tight embrace before she went off to find her Jacob. Milan jogged up the stairs to Emmett’s room.

He knew she was back the second she stepped into the house, and he knew by the sweet scent of her blood that she was in her wolf form. Emmett was facing the big window in his room, staring into the nothingness of the dark forest; the sky was filled with stars. Milan sat down at the floor and stared at him.

“I hate it when you run away from me,” he whispered and turned around. “It makes me desperate. The love I feel for you is stronger than anything I have ever felt before. It is even stronger than the pain I experienced when I was changed. It breaks my heart every time we are apart but when I’m with you I want to hold you in my arms and never let go of you. And I don’t know anything that could ever make me not love you.”

Milan didn’t move a muscle as she listened to him. She was too stunned by the emotions raging inside her. And she was astonished when she felt something wet trickle from her eyes and onto her black fur.

“Damn it, Milly,” Emmett yelled at her. “How are you doing this to me? Say something!”
Milan rose to her feet and walked up to him. She stood up on her hind legs and rested her paws against his chest. Her head was on level with his face but she quickly phased back and buried her face in his shirt.

She still had her hands on his chest when she stared up into his golden eyes.
Emmett gasped a little bit when she saw her wet cheeks.
“Isn’t it strange how a vampire makes me more human? Your love makes me realized that I never have felt before. The love to my brother, my father, is nothing compared to what I feel for you. And it scares me.” She said it all in a rushed whisper but Emmett picked up every word.

Emmett wrapped his arms around her and held her close. He could feel the vibrations of her heart through the thin fabric of his shirt.
“When I first saw you I was terrified of you, when I met you again I was afraid of the way you looked at me. When we kissed I knew I would love you and now that I do love you I know you’ll always have me.”

“I love you too, Milly,” Emmett pressed his lips against her messy hair before he led her over to his bed where Milan laid down under the covers and fell asleep immediately.

Emmett caressed her lips with a soft kiss before got working on her surprise.
♠ ♠ ♠
It got a little cliche - ish, but that's just the way their love is.

I know it's been awhile, I've been really sick and stuff, still am but I finally got the guts to start writing a little bit. But just because I'm not updating doesn't mean I'm not 'active' with my stories. I think and plan on them at all hours. And I'm checking Mibba everyday, so comments would be great from time to time :)

I'll update when I have five new comments !

Comment and Subscribe (:


~ BreeVixen

PS. New banner. Again :P