Status: Finished :)

Not Your Angel

Epilogue; The Beginning

Milan knew her life was complete, that she was on the top. What else could possibly happen to top that happiness? To have the dream wedding, of course.

She planned a small and perfect wedding with the help of Alice. The guest list was limited; only the Denalis, Marcus and Arian as well as Stina and Rubi was invited other than their closest family. Emmett and Milan decided the most important things together, like what music should be played and what flowers should be in the decorations.

Emmett walked around on cloud nine. After getting back on his feet after the shock and scare of the thought on losing his love to the Volturis he’d calmed down and counted days until he would be bound to her forever. For a split of a second he had feared Marcus asking her and Amari to come with him to Volterra, but he never did.

They had stayed for a couple of days before deciding on returning home. It had been difficult for the triplets to get separated again, but they left each other with the promises of meeting again soon. And they would; it was less than a week until the wedding.

~~~

“I do,” Milan said to Emmett, her voice not carrying a trace of doubt.
“And do you, Emmett Dale Cullen take Milan to be your lawful wedded wife?” Jasper asked his brother; he’d been certified to marry people on the Internet.
“I do,” Emmett said and smiled widely at his white dressed bride.

~~~

The newlyweds left the party early to catch their plane. Esme borrowed them her island for their honeymoon, but only after they promised not to wreck the house.

It was a fantastic experience, everything was, for Milan. She had never felt as loved as she did when she lay in Emmett’s arms in the warm sand on Isle Esme.

“Don’t get off me, creep,” she murmured with a sleepy smile adorned on her lips when Emmett tried to stand up.
“Tell me who you are,” he whispered and brushed his fingers softly across her cheek.
“My name is Milan Frans Cullen; I’m half shape-shifter and half vampire. And I’m madly in love with you, Emmett Cullen.”

“That is what you should have answered the first time we met,” he told her.
“But I was none of those things before I got to know you. I was Milan Frans, the terrified girl who had no identity and chased her brother away,” She stared into his golden orbs.

“From the first time I laid eyes on you I knew I would have you in the end, my head and my heart were just too far apart, but trust me when I say that I love you too, Milly, more than my own life.”
“Promise you won’t ever leave me, Emmett,” She stared at him with big serious eyes.
“I promise I won’t ever leave you, Milan,” he pressed his lips against hers in a passion filled kiss.

“I’ve learned some things about myself after I met you and your family,” She said and sat up on the sand. She still held his hand in hers. “The imprinting you told me about, I talked to Jacob about it and he told me more about it, and I realized I’ve imprinted several times. I imprint on everybody who affect me and my life. I imprinted on my brother, my father and Stina. I imprinted on you the day in the field when I stared into your eyes. I imprinted on Rubi when I spent those days with her and Stina. Slowly but surely I imprinted on your family as well. And when I and Amari met Arian, we imprinted on each other.”

“Should I worry that you love them more than me?” Emmett asked her.
Milan shook her head. “No. All the imprints are different. They all deserve a piece of my undying love, but you are the one I gave my heart till.”

They sat in silence with smiles on their lips and stared in to each other’s eyes.
“Does this isle have a guitar?” Milan asked Emmett out off the blue.
He stared at her in confusion before he answered. “Yeah, I guess so; want me to get it for you?”
Milan nodded.

Emmett brought her the black acoustic guitar and he watched her as she tuned it for a couple of minutes.
“I wrote this song for you one day you let me be alone after I got home from my runaway adventure. I wanted to spare it for a special occasion; then I planned to play it at our wedding, but decided to wait until we were alone,” she told him.

“What’s it called?” he wanted to know.
Milan laughed as she told him. “Not Your Angel.”
Emmett smiled as she started playing.

“I've said it once and I'll say it again.
I've got something hanging over my head.
I was lying on your shoulder
Perfectly content.
Until you told me all over again.

I ain’t got no sob story to write.
But just like everyone else I'm living this life.
And you don't need to win me over.
And there ain’t no other side.
To shelter me from.
I belong where I decide.
But you say...

We don't mess around.
You've got no freedom to come down.
We don't take angels from the sky.
Oh no, we don't mess around.
You're meant to be among the clouds ‘cause you’re an angel.
But that's a lie.

Well I suppose you think I'm so flattered to hear
That I'm the whisper conscience in your ear.
Yeah, and that's exactly the reason that I'll never fit in here
Well nothing is ever that black and white, my dear.
‘Cause you say...

We don't mess around.
You've got no freedom to come down.
We don't take angels from the sky.
Oh no, we don't mess around.
You're meant to be among the clouds ‘cause you’re an angel.
But that's a lie.

I'm not your angel darling.
I'm not your angel darling.
I am never gonna be.
I'm not your angel darling.
I'm not your angel darling.
I am never gonna be.

We don't mess around.
You've got no freedom to come down.
We don't take angels from the sky.
Oh no, we don't mess around.
You're meant to be among the clouds ‘cause you’re an angel.
But that's a lie,”


Her voice captivated Emmett from the very first line, and she sang it so perfectly she could make any big star jealous.
“You should be a star,” Emmett whispered and took the guitar out of her hands so he could pull her into his lap.
Milan threw her head back in laughter. “Don’t say I’ll have to write a song titled I’m not your star, Emmett.”
He shook his head. “Stop it. You are my star and my angel, no song can change that.”

“We don’t take angels from the sky, Em,” she smiled at him and rested her head on his chest.
Emmett shook his head. “But I do.”

And just like that, Milan knew and era had ended, but it was just the beginning off forever. She decided herself where she belonged, and she belonged with the golden eyed, black haired vampire husband of hers.

The End… ;]
♠ ♠ ♠
The end is the beginning for them :) I feel good about ending this story, and I hope you do to, but I'll miss it, no doubt there. Maybe I'll write a sequel, maybe not. I haven't decided yet, nor have I decided what it could be about.

I hope you all will comment and tell me what your thoughts about this story are :) It would make me happy and grateful! And I really am grateful. None off this story would have been possible if not for my dear readers :)

Milan's dress.

The title song:



Yours truly,

~ BreeVixen

PS; Milan just whispered in my ear that she'll miss you all :]