Status: Slow but ongoing

Finding Magyk

Max

“I'm sick and tired of writing songs about you,
This is it, this is the end...”

I groaned and stuffed my head under the pillow. Man, first day of my new school, I’m really not looking forward to it.

“C’mon Max!” Grandpa called from the kitchen. I was going to reply but I sniffed the air instead. Mm pancakes. That got me scrambling out of bed, I had to get there first before my brother ate them all, I jumped on the stair rail and slid down, just in time to see Ben coming out of his room.

I ran to the table and grabbed half the pile of pancakes sitting there, smiled at grandad and started to stuff my face. He just grinned at me and started to make more for Ben. Five minutes later Ben walked in with a towel draped over his shoulders, he glared at me as he sat, knowing I got the blueberry pancakes.

“Hurry up Bro!” I groaned at him, it was time to go and he was slowly brushing his teeth, very slowly. I started poking him repeatedly.

“Fop it!” he shouted with a mouthful of toothpaste, I grinned as he spat in the sink and grabbed his bag. I poked him again, in the cheek, “I’ll kill you!” He roared as I raced off.

“Bye Grandad!” I scream and ran out the door, Ben hot on my heels. My mind raced knowing I would get a tackle if he caught me. Uh which way was it? Left? My feet smacked the pavement as I turned, I glanced behind Ben was slowing down. I looked back to the front just to smack my face into someone’s chest.

I landed on my butt, hard. “Owww” I groaned and winced, “That’ll bruise.” I stared up at the guy I had crashed into; he was tall well at least taller then me and he had awesome hair. It hung over his right eye and was naturally black with green roots and tips, and went down to his neck. His eyes were also green, mesmerizing moss green that I couldn’t tear my eyes from.

He looked down at me and smiled slightly, he opened his mouth to speak as Ben jogged up. “You alright Max?” he huffed, his cheeks slightly red from the run.

I managed to tear my eyes away from the mysterious boy and nod, “y..yeah” I managed to stutter and grip the boys and Ben's offered hands, and haul myself up from the damp concrete.

“Sorry” I murmur to the boy blushing slightly and not actually sorry at all. Ben puts his arm around me and leans against me, pulling me in the direction we came from. “Isn’t school that way?” I asked pointing the opposite direction and shrugging his arm off, Faintly aware of the boy trailing along behind us.

“My school is dear Maximum, but yours is this way” He said in a I-know-all tone and dragged me behind him, all the way to school.
♠ ♠ ♠
right well, we've started rewriting. Hope its better