Status: Slow but ongoing

Finding Magyk

Max

I stared at the ceiling it had been around an hour, I guess, since this Art look a like woke me up. It had been half an hour since I spoke to the strange boy and I had just lain here staring at the ceiling. Thinking.

How could a dork like Art be dangerous? He seems completely harmless, besides his habit of staring into space. And what the hell was with the sudden mention of magyk in my life? I smirked how could he believe that Magyk was real, it’s complete balderdash.
And this kid who looked like Art, how could a relative look almost exactly like him?

I frowned and face palmed, “I should have asked his name!” I groaned and fell back onto my pillow. “That’s it! I’m just have to interrogate him tomorrow, he’ll think I’m a total nutter.” I murmured under my breath and rolled over.

I went to sleep with unanswered questions swirling around my head.

***
I walked out of the house with Ben, my thoughts still swirling around my head as I munched on my jam toast. The summer sun was already beating down on us as we made our way to the parting point, I don’t know why Ben was quiet but I didn’t really care at the moment. I focused on my toast, trying to unmuddle my thoughts.

“So...” Ben finally said and I looked up, we were about to go different ways. I shoved the last piece of toast into my mouth and wiped my hands on my jeans.
“Yeah?” I said through a mouthful of toast, I flicked my hair out of my eyes and looked at my watch, 10 to 9, I was gonna be late.

Ben glanced at me and smirked, “Who were you talking to last night?”
“Me? I wasn’t talking to anyone, you must’ve had a dream. Anyway I’m going to be late, bye!” I quickly spoke before running down the street, he wouldn’t be happy about some random boy talking to me in the middle of the night.

I reached the front of the school in less than five minutes, gasping for breath I hunched over only to encounter someone’s shoes. I looked up. “Art?” I asked eyeing him suspiciously; it could’ve been that other kid.
He smiled slightly and mumbled a hello, I nodded in response and we started walking into the building, I didn’t notice the lack of birds at the time-I was still trying to catch my breath.

The day passed, a regular day, nothing out of the ordinary happened. I hung with Art tripped over in P.E and almost blew up the science lab, as said, normal.
I didn’t remember my plot to interrogate Artemis until we were walking home. “So, Art.”
“Hm?” He glanced at me; we had been walking in silence for a while.

“Do you have a bro- Gahh!” I yelped and jumped sideways crashing into Art, “What the hell Ben!?” I yelled at him, he had breathed down the back of my shirt and randomly appeared out of nowhere.

He shrugged. “I have to protect my lil’ ratbag of a sister from creepy pedos” He grinned and glanced at Art. “I don’t believe we’ve had a chance to meet before, I’m Benjamin, young Maximums elder brother. And you are..?” Ben raised an eyebrow and pumped Art’s hand up and down.

Before he had a chance to answer I butt in, “bye Art, catch ya’ round.” Before grabbing Ben by the back of his shirt and dragging him down our street.
“I hate you.”

“I know,” he grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gaahh sorry shit chapter and short and post poned for two weeks...

heh*sweatdrop*

The usual