Damaged

Death holds secrets within...

"SO what is with the grave face???" he asked and I just shook my head.

"Whats wrong?" he pried again. I wasn't srue whether I should tell him about it. I still wasn't sure how he would take it if someone was telling me to stay away. A ghost was telling me to stay away.

"umm... welll I got a message. And it kinda wierded me out. My turn to ask a question. Before I go I mean." I said.

"Sure. Shoot it and I shall answer it." he said cheekily. I laughed and then got serious.

"Were you ever in a serious relationship before? One that ended... well ended in death???" I asked afraid for the answer. Say no please so no!!! I pleaded quietly in my head.

He paled and stood stifly. I looked into his eyes for more detail but this time he had closed them off from me. I could no longer tell what he was thinking.

"Joe?" I aske dand that brought him out of his stupor.

"I dont want to talk about it." he said. My fears were confirmed.

"Just answer this one thing then. Who?" I asked.

He got angry this time and spat out at me " whats with all these questions? If you really wanna know then ask someone else." he said coldly.

" I am sorry Joe. I really need to know who she was." I said trying one mroe time. I guess my panic and my fear in my voice finally affected him for his features, his beautiful features softened.

"Her name was Alice Mankilts." he said.

"I am sorry Joe." I said again and he sighed.

"It wasn't your fault. It was mine." he said and then his face changed to that soft, outgoing one that I knew so well.

"Looks like your ride is here. I bid you ado princess." he said and grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Goodbye Prince Joe!" I said and we both laughed at our now inside joke.

I turned around and still felt a stare at the back of my head. I turned around and watched Joe's mouth curve intoa gentle smile.

I smiled back and then turned around to face my brother.

"You didn't tell him anything did you?" he asked me.

"No. But I have some research on this Alice Mankilts." I said and he frowned.

"Look. Someone doesn't want me near Joe an it was from a ghost. I need to see how she died. I have to help her cross. Even if it means to promise I will never love him." I said and I felt a piece of my heart fall off.

He still was frowning as I got into the car. How was I going to do this without hurting Joe? I saw what it caused to be reminded of this Alice. But what if I told him she was haunting him? What would his reaction be?

Death Holds secrets within...
♠ ♠ ♠
ok another update. Hope you guys like it...