Status: Had to go back to school, will update first chance I get. Thanks. :(

There's a Story at the Bottom of This Bottle

Empty rooms

**Lola's Point of View**

I quickly made my way down the hallways and out the front door of the hospital. The whole way I heard footsteps after me. I prayed the whole time that it wasn't him. You got fat? Really? But it was the only think I could think of. It was the only thing I could notice or say without falling into his arms.

"Lola, wait!" Kara said from behind me. I stopped and sat on the bench. I put my head in my hands. Kara sat next to me and rubbed my back soothingly. "Lola, sweetheart, I knew you weren't ready to see him, but Rian and your mom insisted. They thought it wouldn't be a big deal. It's just cause your mom didn't know the whole story, and Rian just doesn't think anything is a big deal." She let out a sigh. I could tell that someone was having problems. I shouldn't be freaking out maybe. I could stand to be in the same room as him. I just couldn't let myself fall back to the past.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Will you stay?" she asked hopefully. I just nodded my head. We both stood up and walked back through the hospital and to my mom's room. Alex was standing on the left side of my mom's bed, holding her hand and talking in whispers, well my mom was doing most of the talking. Everyone else was in the spot they were before. I walked to my chair, next to my mom on the right side of her bed. She grabbed my hand too but continued to talk in whispers to Alex. I laid my head back down and tuned them out. I closed my eyes and let my mom run her fingers through my hair as I drifted off to sleep.

___________________________________________________

"Lola. Love wake up." my mom's voice called out as she stroked my hair. It was so nice to be loved like this again, by my mom. I missed her a lot. I opened my eyes and she was smiling down at me. "It's time to go home, honey." she said. My smile faltered a bit. I sat up and looked around. No one else was there except for the doctor by the door, and Alex still on the left side of my mom's bed. My smile now completely disappeared.

"Where's Jack? or anyone else?" I asked.

"Eliza. They all went home but Alex and I were talking and you were sleeping. Alex can drive you home." my mom said simply. She held open her arms to me. I stood up and hugged her and grabbed my things. Alex hugged my mom too. He opened the door and held it for me. I had my duffel bag and purse. I walked down the hall, trying to hold the bag. Alex grabbed the strap and yanked it from me, holding it in one hand. He led the way to his car as I trailed slowly behind him. He threw my bag in the backseat and got in the drivers side. I got into the passenger side. I put on my seat belt and he drove from the hospital.

"Well where do you want to go? Your mom's? Lilly's?" he asked.

"I don't have a key to mom's apartment and I don't want to intrude on Lilly. You never know what she's doing." I said.

"Well I would say you could stay at my hou-"

"No."

"Thought so." he said quietly. I stayed quiet while I thought of somewhere to go.

"Your parent's house." I said. I saw him side glance at me and then refocus on the road.

"Ok." He continued on driving while I looked out my window and saw that this place had changed a bit. Good ways though. Finally we were driving down an oh so familiar street. We stopped in front of Alex's parent's house. I looked at Alex.

"You don't have to walk me in or anything. Just as soon as I get my bag and stuff out of your car, I want you to leave." I said. I knew how mean it sounded but I needed it to be done. He just nodded and I got out and grabbed my bag from the backseat. As soon as the door was closed and I was away from the car, Alex drove off, just as he promised. I turned and looked at the house in front of me. The lights were on and it was only about 6 at night. They would be sitting down for dinner. I then shifted my glance to a sign in the neighbor's yard. I walked over and stood in front of the sign. For Sale. I stared at the house in front of me. A voice echoed through my head.

"Well me and my friends used to climb up and party in the house cause they never locked the balcony door. Stupid Realtors." I quickly made my way to the trellis on the side of the house and put my bag on my shoulder and made my way up the trellis. Once at the top I threw my bag over first and then brought myself over the railing. I picked up my bag and set my hand on the handle. I twisted it and it opened. I walked in and closed it behind me. I looked around. The only thing in the room was my very very old dresser. I dropped my bag and opened the dresser's top drawer. Inside of it were a change of clothes. I opened the second drawer and there was was looked like rubber or something of the kind and what seemed like a small pump. A blow up mattress? Who had stayed here. I continued looking through the drawers and also found a bag of chips, a fifth of Jack, water, a sheet, a pillow, candle, and matches. What this person really needed to leave here was some cigarettes and some weed. I really needed some. I grabbed the blow up mattress and the pump. I let the bed pump up as I grabbed the candle and the matches and lit the candle. I brought out the rest of the stuff from the drawers besides the clothes. Finally the bed was done and I set the pillow and sheet on it. I changed to some shorts and a tank top. I laid on the bed and just stared at the ceiling.

I had been laying there for about 3 hours. Yes I did eat some of the chips, drink two shots, and drank some water. I was zoning out, just focusing on the ceiling, well I was until something pulled me from my thoughts. I heard my balcony door open. Oh god, no.

"So I see you found my stuff." his voice floated over from the door. This stuff was his? I just still laid there. "Need a cigarette?" I heard him hitting the pack against his hand. I looked to the pack. He brought me a pack of cigarettes. He tossed the to me and I sat up. I opened it and got one out. I set it to me lips. A lighter landed next to me. I looked up and Alex was there. He nodded his head as in "scoot over". I did and lit the cigarette. I blew out the smoke. He just stared at me.

"I always hated when you would stare at me. Well not technically hated when you would, I hated that you did it, if that makes sense." I said. I didn't know what I was trying to say. He laughed a little.

"Sorry. I wasn't trying to intentionally be a creeper." he said.

"Well you were." I don't know why I wasn't nervous. Maybe the two shots of Jack settled my nerves. I quickly finished the cigarette and then sat there for a second. I heard the rustling of a bag. I looked over and Alex had a baggie of the stuff I needed. "You came prepared."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah! Sorry I didn't bring in either of the two new characters. I had this random idea hit me. So I need to finish up the idea. So maybe the next chapter. If not that then for sure the one after that.

Thank you xGaskarthlovex for the new banner. :)

Anyone else want to try for a big character part?

From previous chapter:
Hmmm... I'm thinking of a contest maybe.... who ever makes the best banner within the next however many chapters, gets a character in the story as someones girlfriend. No telling yet who it is but it will be soon. :) but the character part maybe won't be a girlfriend. It can be anything. Soooooo make bannerrrsss. :) Please and thank you's. :)

LOVE YOU ALL!