Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Home.

Today was the day Mya was due to go home - Friday. Her head and neck wounds were healing up well, and the fractured ankle she got when the vampire dropped her was healing nicely too. She just had to use crutches for the next few weeks.

Everyday her parents, Will and Seth had called, all of them still worried. So naturally Mya was anxious to see them. Emmett had volunteered to drive her home, so together along with the mountain of clothes from Alice, Bella, Esme and Rosalie, they drove down to the reservation.

30 minutes later, Emmett cut the engine and jumped out the car, helping Mya and her crutches out as Will and her parents ran towards them. He had to jump out the way as they engulfed her in a hug, barely letting her breathe.

“I was so worried about you!” Carrie sobbed.

“Mom, I’m fine. A few injuries can’t stop me,” Mya laughed, tears filling her eyes.

“I’m so sorry I haven’t been home much. I’ve been a shitty dad, I should’ve…”

“Dad, no,” Mya interrupted, silencing Mitch, “you’re here now when I need you the most. That’s what counts,”

“I am never letting you go running alone again,” Will said fiercely.

Mya just laughed, pulling away from them.

“Mom, Dad, Will, this is my friend Emmett Cullen. He and two of his sisters found me, but he saved me,” Mya introduced.

The O’Donnell’s turned their heads to the burly boy unloading the boot of the car and smiled.

“She gives me too much credit. My dad did all the tough work – he’s a doctor in Forks hospital, but he fixed her up at our home,” Emmett grinned.

“You must take some homemade soup for him then,” Carrie said gratefully, running back inside the house.

Mya just giggled as Emmett nodded, knowing it would all go to Jacob or Seth.

“Oh, Mya, Seth’s not coming round till tomorrow. We talked to Sue, and she suggested it would be better if he had the whole day with you after we’ve had some time,” Mitch announced.

“I swear I’ve never seen a boy look so miserable before,” Will muttered, rolling his eyes.

Emmett smiled slightly at Mya’s sharp intake of breath.

“I’d better go. It’s meant to be sunny for the next two days, so the whole family are going camping,” Emmett announced, winking subtly at Mya.

“Aww that’s sweet. Thanks for everything. Make sure you tell your family that,” Carrie said happily, handing him a Tupperware box.

“Will do. I’ll call you, Mya,” Emmett laughed.

“You’d better,” Mya grinned, waving as he walked back to his Jeep.

The next morning, Saturday, Mya held both her crutches in one hand, balancing on the top of the newly-built banister.

“Alright, I’m ready. Go!” Will called.

Mya took a deep breath before pushing off. She couldn’t help but to laugh and whoop and as she slid down the long banister, her arms and legs in the air. When she saw Will ready to catch her at the bottom, she grinned and opened her arms…landing in his.

“That was so much fun! Thanks for putting it up so quickly!” Mya squealed, clapping her hands together.

“No problem, sis,” Will beamed.

Just then, the doorbell rang. Will helped Mya into her crutches before they walked slowly to the door.

“I think you should see Seth alone. I’ll be in my room if you need me,” Will encouraged.

Mya nodded, waiting until she could no longer see Will before she opened the door. Tears sprung to her eyes as she saw Seth standing there, biting his bottom lip nervously. She dropped her crutches and slid her arms round his waist, pulling him into a hug. Seth whimpered, holding her close as well. They stood in silence, just holding each other, Mya burying her head in his chest and inhaling his scent, while Seth stroked her hair and played with the hem of her t-shirt.

“Mya, I…”

Mya put her hand over his mouth to silence him, before kissing his chest and lifting her head.

“Can we sit down?” she asked softly.

Seth nodded, pulling the door closed before lifting her up with one hand and picking up her crutches with the other. Slowly he walked over to a bench on the front porch, making sure Mya’s ankle was comfy before sitting down himself.

“I’m so sorry,” Seth whispered, tears shining in his eyes.

“Don’t be. It wasn’t your fault,” Mya replied, shaking her head.

“How can you say that! If I hadn’t changed in front of you, you wouldn’t have run away and been attacked!” Seth whimpered.

“Someone else would’ve been, and they wouldn’t been saved by the Cullens. It was better that it was me,” Mya reasoned.

Seth just shook his head.

“I found out how the rumours spread about you,” Seth sighed.

“How?” Mya frowned.

“When I changed to go and see Sam, the whole pack found out about…what we did. Embry and Quil got a call for an urgent car repair that morning so they had to do that at about 8am. Turns out it was Helen Cartwright’s car, the head cheerleader, and she overheard them talking about us. She then spread it round her friends, who then spread it round the school. Embry and Quil are so sorry,” Seth apologised.

“It’s alright. I’m over it now,” Mya replied, smiling weakly.

“Can I see the wounds?” he asked randomly.

Mya raised an eyebrow, but tucked her hair behind her ears and peeled off her bandages. Seth’s eyes darkened as he saw the deep cuts on her temple, but he started to shake as she showed him the double bite at the base of her neck.

“Seth, please calm down. I’m fine,” Mya pleaded, placing her hands over his after quickly recovering the wounds.

Seth took her hands in his, closing his eyes and breathing in deeply. When he eventually opened his eyes, Mya was biting her lip in worry.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered, looking ashamed with himself.

“Please stop saying that. I-I love you Seth, and I don’t care how many things you do wrong. I love you,” Mya said firmly.

The biggest smile Mya had ever seen spread across Seth’s lips, and he squeezed her hands harder.

“I love you so much. That’s why it was so hard to control myself in front of you when you told me what that gang did. Just the thought of another person touching you…no, it sent me over the edge. Hayden and Matt got them all expelled, by the way. There’s a zero tolerance at our school for what they did. It almost drove me mad to have to go into school and have people ask about your ‘bear attack’,” Seth murmured.

“I heard it took you ages to be able to get back to human form too,” Mya mused.

“Nearly 3 hours, about 20 minutes before the Cullens found you. Sam had to use his Alpha…thingy to get me to calm down. He hates using it,” Seth pouted.

“Hey, don’t get down. Tell me more about your pack,” Mya smiled.

Seth waited till she had comfortably turned her body to face him, before opening his mouth.

“Can I tell you a secret?” Seth asked.

“Go for it,” Mya smiled.

“You’re my soulmate,” Seth said simply.

“And how did you figure that one out?” Mya asked, confused.

“The original Quilettes were said to have descended from wolves. You know the legends by now from the campfires. Our pack's gene has skipped a generation, in some cases two generations. This was something that was a rare thing among them, although there’s a surprising amount with us – it’s called imprinting,” Seth explained.

“That’s what you and Collin were talking about on the first day of school, wasn’t it? You imprinted on me in Algebra!” Mya gasped.

“Yeah. The first time I saw you, it felt like any tie, any sense of priority I previously had all attached to you. You became the centre of my world the very second I looked at you. You know the woven bracelet you wear that I gave you in January? That’s basically a Quilette version of a promise ring, a very early stage of promise ring. I’ll never want anyone else, because I love you with everything I have,” Seth said honestly.

Mya blushed, bowing her head for a couple of seconds.

“There are others, too,” Seth reasoned.

“Who?” Mya asked curiously, lifting her head back up.

“Sam and Emily, obviously. Jared and Kim. Paul and Rachel – Jake’s sister. Quil and Clare…”

“Clare’s only 4!” Mya gasped.

“Quil will be the best big brother that girl could ever have, until it’s…time for them to be together,” Seth mused.

“Oh…fair enough,” Mya shrugged.

“And Jacob and Nessie,” Seth finished with a grin.

“Well that explains a lot,” Mya laughed.

“Mm, I thought it might. They are a really long story. When Bella was still human, like, 3 or 4 years ago, Jacob and Bella used to have a thing going on, when Edward and Bella broke up for a while. But Bella chose Edward. Jacob still liked her and caused a lot of hassle, but when Bella gave birth to Nessie, Jacob imprinted. Then Edward turned Bella,” Seth explained.

“That’s really complicated. So is Nessie, like, a half-vampire?” Mya asked, confused.

“Yeah. She’s only 3 years old, technically, but she’s the size of a 12 year old and the mental capability of an adult. She’ll be full size in a couple of years,” Seth nodded, smiling.

“I bet Edward wasn’t too happy about that,” Mya mused.

“Bella was worse. But they’re all used to it now,” Seth grinned.

“This is kinda random, but I’ve just had a thought. Has Leah imprinted on Will?” Mya asked, raising an eyebrow.

“No. I think it’s better for Leah that she was able to choose someone she liked, rather than have no choice. She hates the idea of imprinting, because she used to be in a relationship with Sam, but then he imprinted on our cousin Emily. Yeah, Emily’s our cousin. It broke Leah’s heart and she was a complete cow for a long long time. But she likes Will, and she’s happy,” Seth smiled.

“Just like I’m happy with you,” Mya laughed, resting her head on Seth’s shoulder.

“It’s always nice to hear that,” Seth chuckled.

“Just one question – if my mom’s parents grew up on the reservation like she did, how come Will and I don’t have the werewolf gene?” Mya asked, raising an eyebrow.

“We did wonder, so Sam looked into it. Apparently her grandparents actually came from a neighbouring tribe, but just lived here because they were friends with Jake’s great-grandfather, or something,” Seth explained.

“Hmm, it would’ve been nice not to be a defenceless human. I might’ve been quite different as a wolf,” Mya pondered.

“I love you just the way you are. God, I’m so glad I can finally say it out loud. I’m in love with you, Mya O’Donnell,” Seth sighed happily.

“And I’m in love with you, Seth Clearwater,” Mya giggled, “now quit being so sappy and kiss me,”

Seth laughed before pressing his lips firmly on Mya’s, groaning at how much he missed the contact. A series of taps came from the window behind their heads, so Mya broke away, rolling her eyes.

“I knew Will would be watching,” she sighed, smiling slightly.

“We can carry on later when he’s not looking,” Seth grinned, wriggling his eyebrows.

“I’ll hold you to that. Now, tell me more stories about your pack,” Mya urged.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very very mushy. Sorry!
Told you this story would be updated much more regularly =]
So Mya's okay with everything that's happened - how long will that last?

93 subscribers? Wow! Feel free to let me know what you think of what you're reading!
Thank you so much to the following amazing people for commenting:
twilightlanie101
babygirl1312
shaylove
PhoebenPaige
Lovely Catastrophe