Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Back.

The weekend passed with Mya and Seth spending no time apart. She could tell Seth still blamed himself for what happened to her, because whenever she used her crutches she caught a guilty expression on his face. And she knew nothing she could say would ever make him stop feeling that way, making her feel helpless.

But now it was Monday and the first day of April. Mya was determined to go back to school, even though her mum wasn’t keen on her going back so soon. But Carrie gave in, just insisting that Mya have at least two weeks off Sport and Track.

The weather wasn’t too bad today, just light rain, so Mya was wearing a floaty black mid-thigh length skirt and a pale green jumper, with some comfortable black pumps. Just as she finished tying her hair back into a half-ponytail in front of the mirror near the front door, the doorbell rang. So as quickly as she could, Mya opened the door, revealing Seth and Collin.

“Ready to go, baby?” Seth smiled.

“Yeah. Bye Will!” Mya called.

Collin picked up Mya’s bag and took it to Seth’s car, allowing Seth and Mya to share a slow kiss before they joined him.

20 minutes later, Seth cut the engine and got out the car, helping Mya out while Collin got the bags, handing Mya’s to Seth.

“You know, you can’t do this all day. I’ve got Biology and Spanish without you,” Mya pointed out.

“True, but I’ve also got Chemistry, History and Algebra with you, so I’ll just drop you off and pick you up from the others,” Seth shrugged, grinning.

Mya rolled her eyes at Collin’s chuckling, knowing she wouldn’t win. As soon as they entered the school, however, Mya was glad she had Seth and Collin either side of her. Practically every head was turned to face her, people whispering and staring so much that tears filled Mya’s eyes. Seth noticed this and growled.

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer!” he yelled, narrowing his eyes.

Immediately most the students looked away, making Mya smile weakly.

“Thanks,” she mumbled.

“I don’t like you being upset,” Seth said seriously, “see you at lunch Collin,”

Collin waved before leaving the two of them alone. Slowly they walked to Mya’s Spanish class, pausing outside the door.

“I wish you were in this class,” Mya pouted, “I can’t do this without you,”

“You can! You’ll be fine. Hayden and his friends will look after you,” Seth soothed, “I asked them to keep an eye out for anyone being an ass,”

“Why does that not surprise me? Alright, I’ll see you soon. I love you,” Mya smiled.

“I love you more. I’ll be waiting outside for you, okay?” Seth grinned.

Mya nodded and kissed him quickly, before taking her bag and crutching into the classroom. Almost instantly, Hayden ran up to her and pulled her into a hug.

“I was so worried about you! Are you okay?” he whispered.

“I’m. Fine. Can’t. Breathe,” Mya choked.

Hayden released her, blushing slightly, but Mya just smiled.

“Thanks for what you and Matt did for me,” she said shyly.

“That’s what friends do, O’Donnell,” Hayden laughed.

Mya blushed and rolled her eyes, smiling as Hayden took her bag for her. Every person she walked past wished her condolences for the ‘bear attack’ or get well soon’s, making her smile even more. When she sat down, Hayden and his two friends turned round in their seats to face her.

“Hola O’Donnell,” Scott, also from the track team, said brightly.

“Hola,” Mya smiled.

“Coach Tilley threw a fit when he found out what happened to you, you know. I never seen that man look more purple. So you’ll probably see him today,” Scott grinned.

“Yay,” Mya snorted sarcastically.

“He misses his superstar,” Hayden swooned.

The boys laughed as Mya punched him in the arm.

“Can we see the wounds?” Liam, the other friend, asked.

“Sure,” Mya shrugged, “but don’t tell anyone else you’ve seen them. I don’t want sympathy,”

Mya peeled the bandage-covers off her temple and the base of her neck, revealing the deep cuts and double bite mark. All three boys paled and hissed in pain, making Mya giggle and wrap them up again.

“That must’ve hurt,” Hayden winced.

“The single most painful thing ever,” Mya said honestly.

The 3 boys shuddered, grimacing.

“On a brighter note, what work did I miss?” Mya laughed.

“We studied the vocabularies and use of grammar in World Poverty and Aid,” Liam explained.

“Wonderful,” Mya sighed sarcastically.

“Chill, O’Donnell, I’ve already made you copies of my notes. You just have to read them. We got you out of the assignment too,” Hayden chuckled.

Mya was surprised when he handed her a huge stack of paper, her eyebrows going up.

“Th-Thanks,” Mya stuttered.

“No problem, hop-along. We’re just glad you’re back,” Hayden grinned, earning laughter.

“Because you didn’t like having to do the homework by yourself?” Mya mused.

“Maybe?” Scott said sheepishly.

Mya just laughed, rolling her eyes, and reached for her bag.

*

After school, Seth went to Mya’s house, seeing as her family were still at work.

“I might be a while getting up the stairs,” Mya admitted.

“No you won’t,” Seth shrugged.

Mya sent him a confused look, but squeaked as he picked her up bridal-style and walked up the stairs with her. She giggled as he set her down on her bed, putting their bags and her crutches on the floor.

“You’re too strong for your own good, dog,” Mya teased.

“That one hurt, babe,” Seth said mock-sadly, holding a hand to his heart.

“Let me make it better,” Mya mused.

She crawled into Seth’s lap and leant her head up, pressing her lips to his tenderly. Seth breathed in deeply, sliding his arms round her and holding her close. The embrace stayed innocent, just soft and sweet, and after a couple of minutes Mya pulled away, resting her forehead against his.

“I love you,” she murmured.

“I love you too,” he replied, and kissed the tip of her nose.

Mya giggled and squirmed, so Seth released her from his arms, letting her sit by his side.

“Did you think I was too protective today?” Seth asked randomly, laying down on his back.

“At school?” Mya asked, earning a nod.

She laid down on her back too, waiting until she’d rested her head on his chest and he’d slid his arms round her waist to actually reply.

“A little,” she said honestly.

“I’m sorry,” Seth sighed.

“Don’t worry,” Mya smiled.

“No, I really am sorry. I just…I can’t bear the thought of anything happening to you again. You mean so much to me, you’re my world, and if you got hurt again…no, I don’t even want to think about it,” Seth said angrily.

“Hey, calm down,” Mya soothed, kissing his chest, “I don’t mind you being protective. It’s quite cute actually,”

“Cute? I’m trying to be all manly in protecting my woman and you think it’s cute?!” Seth exasperated.

“Yup!” Mya giggled.

“Right then,” Seth huffed, rolling on top of her.

“What are you doing?” Mya squealed, her eyes widening as he pinned her wrists above her head.

“Showing you just how manly I am,” Seth whispered hotly, kissing down her neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a cute little filler showing how protective Seth is of Mya, and how much he's willing to do to show her he's sorry.

Thank you to everyone that's commented! I really do appreciate your support =]
xo