Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Algebra.

The last two weeks of summer passed quickly, with Mya and Will really bonding with Embry and Quil, as well as four of their other friends Sam, Jared, Paul and Collin. And Sam’s fiancé Emily. Mya thought it was weird how insanely close they were, despite their differences in ages and personalities, but accepted their company anyway. Today was the day Mya would finally meet the remaining three in their group, and also her first day of her senior year at high school…

Mya made sure she woke up half an hour earlier than usual at 6am to be able to fit an hour and a half run in as well as getting a shower and dressing decently for school. Eventually at 8.30am she was dressed in a mid-thigh length denim skirt, a plain white strap top, a lilac cardigan and black pumps, placing an umbrella in her bag for when it rained. She was now sitting at the breakfast table, waiting for Will to be ready to take her like he’d promised, when she heard a knock at the door. Hesitantly she opened it, only to see Collin towering over her.

“Hey?” she offered, letting him in.

“Hey Mya. I know it’s kinda rude of me to ask, but could I have a lift into school this morning? Seth’s sleeping in till lunch because they didn’t get back till late last night,” Collin asked nervously.

“Sure, Willem won’t mind. He’ll only be a few minutes,” Mya smiled.

“Make it now,” Will grinned, jumping down the stairs, “Shit kid, are you still growing?”

“Runs in the family,” Collin said with a small smile.

“And I thought I was tall at 5ft 9. Ready Will?” Mya giggled, picking up her school bag.

“Sure am. Let’s get you to under-18s to school,” he smirked.

Mya rolled her eyes, tucking her house keys and phone into her pocket, walking out the front door. The 15 minute ride to La Push high school was relatively relaxed, with Will and Collin singing loudly and off-key to random songs on the radio. Eventually they reached an ominous-looking school building, Will parking just outside. He got out quickly, opening the door for Mya, and pulled her into a firm hug.

“Remember, I’m only a phone call away if you want to leave. Any time at all,” Will whispered.

“I’ll be fine,” Mya whispered back.

“I love you. Good luck!” he smiled, kissing her forehead.

Will got back in the car, turned the radio up to full volume and sped off. Turning round to face the many staring students, Mya bit her lip, hands clasping at her bag strap.

“Ready?” Collin asked cheerfully.

“As I’ll ever be,” Mya sighed.

Collin just laughed, the two of them starting to walk.

“I’ll take you to reception and to your first class. You’ll have to ask other class members how to get to 2nd and 3rd classes, but Seth might turn up in third, so you can sit with me and him at lunch. You’ll be fine!” Collin reassured

“Let’s hope so,” Mya mumbled, smiling weakly.

*

It was Mya’s third lesson of the day, Algebra. She was good at this, so she didn’t mind sitting on her own. She’d already had History first and Biology second, so she was definitely ready for lunch. There were only five minutes left of the lesson, when suddenly the classroom door slammed open, shuddering loudly. Mya had to grit her teeth to stop her jaw dropping as a really tall gorgeous boy stepped in. His skin was a dark russet colour like Embry’s and his friends, and his dark hair was short and messy, his full lips stretching into a smile over perfectly white teeth.

“Ah, Mr Clearwater, better late than never,” Mr Manzetti, their algebra teacher, joked.

“Sorry, I overslept,” Seth shrugged, making the class laugh.

“Don’t let it happen again. Take a seat next to our new student, Miss O’Donnell,” Mr Manzetti instructed.

Seth nodded, keeping his head down as he made his way to the spare desk at the back of the room. But when he looked up at Mya, he seemed to freeze, his eyes widening slightly. Mya was confused by the intensity of his gaze – it was like she was the only one in the room.

“Erm…hello?” Mya offered quietly.

“H-Hi,” Seth stuttered, blushing.

“I’m Mya. Mya O’Donnell. You’re Sue’s boy, right?” Mya whispered, extending her hand.

“Aye, Seth Clearwater. It’s nice to meet the girl my mom was talking about this morning,” Seth grinned.

As he shook her hand, Mya felt as warm feeling spread through her, almost like a buzz, making her blush and bite her bottom lip.

“Alright, start packing away,” Mr Manzetti called.

Mya snapped out of her trance, pulling her hand out of Seth’s. Hiding behind a wall of her long dark hair, she quickly packed her books into her bag. Seth just continued staring at her, making Mya slightly uncomfortable.

“What?” she asked, looking back at him.

“N-Nothing. You’re just really beautiful,” Seth blurted.

Mya blushed deeply, glad the rest of the class was making enough noise not to hear. Seth blushed too, covering his mouth with his hand in shock.

“Um, I think Collin’s waiting outside for us,” Mya mumbled.

“Who?” Seth asked, still embarrassed.

“Collin? Your friend Collin?” Mya offered.

“Oh…yeah. Right,” Seth said, shaking his head quickly.

“Yeah. Well, we should probably go,” Mya said awkwardly.

They stood up together, Seth really towering over Mya as they made their way outside the room. Collin was indeed waiting there.

“Hey Mya! Seth, you made it!” Collin said happily.

“Sure glad I did. I’ve missed a lot in two weeks,” Seth nodded, smiling down at Mya.

Mya blushed, smiling shyly back. Collin sent them a strange look but started leading Mya to the cafeteria, chattering animatedly.

*

After double sport in the afternoon, Mya walked out of the changing rooms, exhausted, only to bump into Seth.

“H-Hey Seth,” she stuttered, blushing lightly.

“Hey. Um, do you want a ride home?” Seth asked nervously.

“Saves me a walk, sure,” Mya said gratefully.

“Crazy girl,” Seth snorted, walking with her.

“I like exercise,” Mya shrugged.

Seth smiled, opening the doors for her. The two of them walked in a comfortable silence outside, where Collin was waiting on the front steps.

“Er, you might want to talk to Sam,” Collin said to Seth, glancing at Mya.

Seth paled slightly, glancing at Mya too.

“He knows?” Seth asked worriedly.

“He knew as soon as you went for a run this afternoon. I just got off the phone with him. I have to say, of all the people to imprint on, I didn’t expect this,” Collin smiled.

“Excuse me, what’s going on?” Mya asked, slightly agitated that they kept looking at her but spoke vaguely.

“Oh, nothing. Sam’s just pissed coz I…er…printed oil on his favourite shirt with my shoe,” Seth said quickly.

“Oh…right,” Mya shrugged.

Was that all?

“Ready to get home?” Collin said randomly, changing the subject as they neared the car.

“Heck yes,” Mya groaned.

“First day of school’s always the worst,” Seth laughed.

“I’ll hold you to that,” Mya warned, smiling.

Seth grinned back, unlocking the car. Collin got in the back, letting Mya sit in the front with Seth. He started the engine, backing out of the parking space before speeding out of school.

“So, do you want to meet Jake and Leah?” Seth asked with a big smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Seth Clearwater

Yay Seth's here!
I particularly like his blurting =]
What do you think?

Comments please!
xo

p.s. I'm seeing Eclipse at midnight tonight - so stoked!!