‹ Prequel: Don't Hold Your Breath
Status: I may only be able to update once a week D: If that . . . stupid school >.<

You're The Only One

I Tried To Love You But…

Ryan's POV

"What?! Have you gone fucking insane?!" 

"No. I haven't. But I've made up my mind." I told him. 

"Ryan, you can't do this. Who knows what'll happen. Last time you saw him you ended up getting really upset. I hate seeing you like that." he said grabbing my hand. 

No. I didn't. If only he knew the truth. We wouldn't be having this argument. I have honestly decided to give my father a chance. I'm an adult now, and I've moved forward. He says he's done the same. It's only fair to put everything that's happened behind us. Or at least try. 

He just called a few minutes ago. I've decided to let him take me to lunch andexplain himself catch up. 

Brendon however doesn't think this is a good idea. Brendon still hates his guts. For what he did to me, and his aunt. Even though he never met her, it affected his mother. And he is a mama's boy.

"Brendon, I'll be fine. I promise. If anything were to happen I would call you. And you know that. But nothing is going to happen." I assured him. 

"I just don't want you to get hurt." he said sternly, grabbing my hand. 

I decided we had to end this argument and get over to Kaela's. Jon was coming out to her, and this could either end terribly or maybe possibly okay.  

We aren't exactly sure which way this will go, so Jon is extremely nervous. And upset. 

Anyway, back to the argument. 

I grabbed his face and gave him a soft kiss on the lips. I pulled away and looked him very intensely in the eyes. 

"I promise. I'll be alright." 

He stared back for a moment before averting his eyes. 

"Alright. Fine. But on one condition." he said. 

"And what is that?"

"It has to be at Ardella's. While I'm working. That way, in case anything happens...."

"Alright fine." I agreed. God he can be over protective… oh well. It's sweet I guess. 

"Okay. Let's go. We told Kaela we'd be there fifteen minutes ago. Jon! Let's go!" he called. 

~*~

We stood outside Kaela's house, waiting for her to answer. Jon looks like he's about to puke. She has no idea he's here. She just thinks Brendon and I are coming over to visit.  

"I'll be right there!" she called from the other side of the door. She opened the door, and her smile disapeared when she saw Jon. Who still looked like he might puke. 

She looked down at the ground and sighed. "What are you doing here?" she asked coldly. 

"He needs to talk to you. It's important." I said. 

"Fine." she said, stepping aside, letting us in. "Be quiet. I just put the baby down for a nap." 

We all nodded and sat down on the couch. I sat on the end, with Brendon next to me, then Jon. Kaela sat down on the loveseat across from us.

"So what's this about?" she asked. 

Brendon nudged Jon when he didn't say anything. Jon then reluctantly lifted his gaze to meet hers. 

"I- uh, I mean… I-I- can't, er, don't… I think-" 

"Just spit it out!" she said growing impatient. He looked away again, and this time I noticed he was crying. 

"I'm gay." he choked. 

All of us were holding our breath. She just looked around at all of us, looking extremely confused.

"What?" she asked. 

"The other night, when I said that, I d-didn't mean my boss. I was thinking about Spencer Smith. M-My best friend. Kaela, I think I'm gay." he explained further. 

Her eyes widened. "Are you being serious?" she asked. Jon wiped a few tears from his cheeks and nodded. 

"I'm sorry." he nearly whispered. 

"B-But… I-I… I don't even know what to say..." 

"Look Kaela, I love you. I really do. It's just not in the right way… not in the way I love Spencer…"

"Spencer?" she questioned. She looked dumbfounded. 

"Kaela, I feel like a horrible person. B-But you had to know the truth… and the last thing I want to do is leave you with Jane. I don't want to leave you. I want Jane to grow up like a normal kid. I wish… I wish there was something I could do… If you don't want me living here, I understand. I could find my own place. But I still want to be in your lives. I love you both… " his voice was cracked, and tears fell down his face. Kaela just sat there in shock. 

"H-How long?" she stuttered. "How long have you..." she trailed off.  

"Forever I think. I've just been in denial for so long. I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry." he sat with his head in his hands.

She was silent for a moment. 

"You're serious." she finally whispered. It wasn't a question, but a statement.  

"I- I hope you're not mad." he mumbled. Brendon and I just looked at eachother. Neither of us had really said a word. 

"I need to think about this." she stated seriously.

Jon nodded, and took that as his cue to leave. He stood up and began to head for the door. "I'll see you around." he said before exiting. 

I turned to look a Brendon. "You head back with Jon, I'll stay here with Kaela and make sure she's okay." I whispered. He nodded, pecked me on the lips, and went after Jon.

I got up and sat by Kaela, who had her head in her hands. I put my arm around her and she fell against my chest and began crying. 

"Are you going to be alright?" I asked. 

She sniffed. "I don't know. What am I supposed to do?" her voice broke. 

I didn't answer. Because I had no idea. She wrapped her arms around my waist and continued crying. I even heard a few sobs. 

Life is so unfair. Why can't things be as simple as they used to be?              
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay... Second update today. Make sure to read the last one too.

I'm going to be gone next week, so I wont be able to update. I'll try and get as many updates out as possible before then… so yeah.

Comment please. :3