‹ Prequel: Don't Hold Your Breath
Status: I may only be able to update once a week D: If that . . . stupid school >.<

You're The Only One

I'll Begin To Let You Know Just What I'm Feeling

There was a good two minutes of silence. 

"W-what are y-you doing here?" Brendon finally spit out. I hadn't moved yet. 

But I'm pretty sure my feet were soaked from the spilled water. I'm also pretty sure my mouth was still open in shock. 

"I… I came to see my son." he sounded nervous. 

I think. 

My brain wasn't processing anything too well right now. 

He's here. He's fucking here. In my house. 

It's been almost seven years. 

The last conversation I had with him wasn't… the most pleasant. 

"What do you want?" I asked bitterly. 

"I, um, assume you heard the news-" 

"How could you?" I cut him off. "She was my mother! How could you!" I screamed into the phone.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." he cried on the other line. Which surprised me. The father I knew never cried in public. And he especially wouldn't cry in front of a bunch of men in jail. "I didn't mean to...... I was drunk and-"

"Story of your life."

"She tried to leave. She tried to take you with her. But I just loved her so much. I had a gun. I didn't mean to shoot her, it just went off..... I didn't want her to leave. I loved you and her so much. "

I paused. He loved me? Then why were the last ten years of my life filled with bruises and blood?

"Then why did you....why, dad, why?" He knew what I was talking about. 

"I'm sorry George, I'm so sorry. I- I love you. I'm sorry." After all that I almost believed that he really did love me.


He ruined my life. 

He abused me. 

He killed my "Mom", Brendon's aunt. 

He's the reason I wasn't there to protect Brendon from being raped, stop him from selling drugs, and from almost dying. 

But yet, I couldn't hate him. I just couldn't. 

It's crazy, I know, I can't help it. He is my dad. He did raise me, and he did care for me at one time. 

I want to hate him. 

I should hate him. 

But I can't. 

I'm unbelievably pissed, but I don't hate him.

"Get out." Brendon said sternly. 

"No." I said. He turned around and looked at me in shock. 

"What?" he asked in disbelief. 

"No. Let him in. I want to hear what he has to say." I mumbled.

I can't believe I got my mouth to work. 

He gave me a thankful look which I ignored. Instead I gave a slightly worried look to Brendon, who sighed and stepped aside, allowing my "father" entrance into our home. 

"You can, um, sit down if you want." I offered not even looking at him. 

"Thanks." He said taking a seat on the couch. 

Just then, the phone rang, and Brendon left the room to go answer it. 

"Why are you here?" I asked not meeting his eye. 

"I wanted to see you-" 

"Why? And how are you out of jail? I thought it was a fifteen-year sentence."       

"I was let out on parole, and I wanted to see my son." he mumbled. 

"Well he's not here. I'm not your son. I know about the adoption."  I told him. Still refusing to look him in the eye.

There was silence. 

"I'm sorry George-" I winced at the sound of my first name. "Ryan, I mean. I never meant to hurt you-" 

"Well you did. You hurt all of us with your actions. Now leave." Brendon said from behind me. 

"Brendon…" I warned. He sighed and shut his mouth, shooting a death glare at the man sitting on the couch.  

"D- George," I started. "I don't think you realize all the shit you've put me through. After you… went away… I was taken away from my home. They sent me to live with Amy, away from my friends and my home. Away from the only person who made  my screwed up life worth living." Sorry isn't going to cut it.  

He looked a little confused by my rant, but he didn't say anything because I already had let involuntary tears fall down my face.

Then something occurred to me. 

He never found out about me and Brendon. 

Just then there was a knock on the door. 

God, who is it this time? My long lost aunt? Perhaps my real dad. Maybe it was my twin brother. 

Brendon left my side to go answer the door. 

"Hey Bren!" The cheery voice was recognizable. Ms. Urie. "How are things going? I thought I'd check up. Plus, I have yet to meet Kaela's baby." She said from the door way. 

"Uh, mom, now's not the best time..." Brendon tried to tell her, but she didn't listen. Instead, she leaned passed Brendon to wave to me. 

"Hi Ryan!" She said. I looked up at her, then she realized I was crying. She became serious. "Brendon, what's going on?" She asked. Brendon gave me a worried look. We both know things wouldn't go over too well if she saw who was sitting on our couch. 

Her little sister's murderer.

But being Grace Urie, and not getting an answer, she pushed passed Brendon to get to me, and along the way, caught a glimpse of the man on the couch. 

She froze, just like the rest of us had. 

"You." She almost whispered. She began to walk towards him. Brendon and I exchanged worried looks. 

"You fucking bastard!" She grew louder and angrier. I know from experience that Ms. Urie is really frightening when she's angry. 

Brendon blocked her path before she could get to him. "How the hell do you think you could be welcomed back here!" She snarled. 

"Do I even know you?" he asked. Bad mistake. I swear I saw her eyes turn back in her head. 

"Do you know me?! You killed my fucking sister! You evil fucking bastard!" She pushed passed Brendon and charged him. His eyes widened in realization and possibly fear. Before anyone could say another word, she punched him square in the jaw.

Brendon quickly restrained his mother and pulled her into the kitchen literally kicking and screaming. 

If I wasn't soterrified upset that my father was here, I might find Brendon's bad ass mom amusing.

Great, now the baby's crying.

I heard them arguing in the kitchen, Grace freaking out, Brendon trying to calm her, but on the verge of breaking himself. 

"I'm sorry about that." I said. "Are you alright?" I asked. He sat up and rubbed his jaw. 

"Uh, yeah. I guess I deserved that. So that boy, he's your cousin? Roommate?" 

I almost gagged. I remembered that fateful time when we thought we were cousins. 

"No, he's my boyfriend actually." 

A look of shock washed over his features. I swear I also saw a hint of anger. 

"What?" 

The bickering in the kitchen stopped.                
♠ ♠ ♠
:O
Oh, and I forgot to put this in there, but it was Kaela on the phone "Checking up" x]

Okay... I don't really have anything else to say... (for once) Haha comments please?
Love you guys! :)