Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

I'll Never Feel Alone Again With You By My Side.

Jen’s P.O.V
I pull out my algebra book with a sigh, why does Monday’s always have to start out bad? I hate Algebra.

“Hey Jen!” I hear someone shout from behind me and when I turn around I see Matt running through big groups of people.

“Hey” He says once again as he stands in front of me, I smiled and he gives me a dimpled smile back.

“What’s up?” I ask.

“Uhm, well me and the guys went to the mall yesterday” he said and I giggled a little.

“And I went past this store and I found this ring” He continued and I nodded.

“Yeah, and?” I asked as he didn’t continue.

He put his right hand in the back pocket of his jeans and then pulled out something that looked like a little box.

“And here” He said with a bigger smile on his face.

I looked down at the box and then back up at Matt, I carefully took the box out of his hands. I looked at Matt once again to make sure it was for me and when he nodded his head I opened the box, as I looked inside at the ring I couldn’t help but gasp, it almost felt like my jaw hit the floor.

“Woah” I said and took out the ring.

“I take it you like it then” He said and I looked at him, the ring between my thumb and index fingers.

“It’s awesome but I can’t take this” I said and put it back into box and closed it and put my hand out for me to take it, which he did.

“Actually it’s no big deal, it only cost like 2 bucks and when I saw it I thought of you” He said and opened the box and took out the ring and took a hold of my hand.

“I want you to have it” He said and put the ring on my ring finger. I blushed as he kept holding my hand and then looked me in the eyes.

“Thank you” I said and gave him a smile.

At the time it felt like it was just us two in the world, like nothing else mattered at this time.

“Matthew” A shrieking voice called out.

“God damn” Matt muttered and turned around, I looked over his shoulder and saw a small blonde standing only inches behind him.

“Valary?” He asked sounding confused.

“Yes silly.” She said and gently slapped him on his upper arm.

“What are you doing here?” He asked and I saw Matt’s friends coming up behind her.

“What does it look like silly? I started Huntington High today” She said and squealed and clapped her hands.

“Hey” Both Emily and Maria said and hugged me. That was a first I thought but hugged them back none the less and gave them a small hi back.

“You must be the girl that stole little Matthew’s heart” Valary said and looked at me up and down with a frown on her face.

“Yep that’s her” Brian said with a smile.

Ok it’s official, I’m confused.

“Wow, she’s pretty” Valary said but didn’t sound convincing.

“Vallie there you are” I heard the shrieking voice of Isabelle as she joined the “group” now the only person missing is Sarah.

“Oh” Isabelle said and looked at me like Valary did.

I just stood there uncomfortable just like the rest, I didn’t exactly know what to do in a situation like this. I saw Isabelle leaning into Valary’s side and whispered something in her ear that made her giggle like a four year old on crack. I knew it was something about me because they both looked at me with some kind of look in their eyes, I don’t know why but I wanted to cry right there and then.

I felt someone’s soft hand slip into mine and when I looked down I recognize the hand to be Matt’s. I looked up and gave him a small sad smile.

“Well we have to go, class starting soon” Isabella said as she linked her arm with Valary and they both walked away laughing like crazy.

“This is just great” Emily said as the group closed together so we all stood in a circle.

“Since when did you guys start dating?” Johnny asked and I blinked the tears in my eyes away and looked up at Matt’s face with curiosity in my eyes.

“Yeah, since when did we start dating?” I asked.

“Brian is the one who couldn’t keep his mouth shut” Matt answered and looked at Brian.

“What else what I supposed to say dude? You were standing there with a forever 21 bag in your hands” Brian said and shrugged his shoulder as he out his arm around Emily’s waist.

“You could have shut up” Jimmy said sounding innocent.

Just as Brian was about to say something the bell for class rang, most of the people in the group groaned and said bye before walking their separate ways.

“Can I walk you to class” Matt asked and I nodded.

We walked in silence until we got in front of the door to my Algebra class.

“So I was thinking” Matt started and I looked at him and nodded for him to go on.

“Maybe we could do something after school?” He continued and gently swayed our hands back and forth.

“Uhm, I’m actually busy after school today” I say and try to be as gentle as I can, I don’t really want to say it but I have to work.

“Another day then” He says with a smile and I nod. He kisses the back of my hand before he let’s go and starts walking down the hallway. I keep my smile on my face as I walk into the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update? :O

I'm just in a good mood BUT what does bring me down is knowing that i only got two comments on my last chapter, now i'm not saying i want a billion comments because my story aint that good but i would really appreciate it if you left your opinion (did i spell that right?) in the comment section belooooow. (sorry watched to much =3)

Anyway, it's time for me to get to bed concidering i have to wake up in 7 hours ;)