Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

How Do I Live Without The Ones I Love.

Jen’s P.O.V
I walk into the cafeteria but stops the minute I get inside. Right ahead is the table Matt and his friends sit at and I can see his back facing me, I lick my lips before I bite my lower lip gently and start to slowly make my way over.

I let out a small breath before I gently tap Matt on his shoulder, the laughter around the table dies down when they see me and I get uncomfortable.

For the last two days I have been completely ignoring Matt and his friends, I even have been ignoring Sarah but since we both share a room I do talk to her a little at the orphanage.

Matt turns around and his smiled falls down a little, it doesn’t disappear but it’s not a shit eating grin he has left either. I clutch my book bag in my hands in front me tighter and let out a small cough.

“Can I talk to you?” I asked in a slight whisper voice.

“Of course” He says still with a smile on his face, he stands up and gently grabs my elbow and leads me off to a corner. I lick my lips and cough again feeling the nervousness building up in my stomach, it kind of feels like I wanna throw up.

“What’s up?” He asks gently trying to meet my eyes but I keep looking down at my nails or behind him.

“Uhm, well…” I start and look down at my nails picking at my red nail polish.

I look up and meet Matt’s eyes for a second until I look back down, I get a lump in my throat and I can feel tears in my eyes.

“I’m sorry” I said with a tearful voice and then I leaned my head into his chest.

His hands immediately went around my upper body and he pulled me closer while I kept my head in his chest and tried not to make it obvious to everybody else in the cafeteria that I was crying.

I dropped my book bag which landed with a thud on the floor as I wrapped my arms around Matt’s waist. I feel so guilty for ignoring him and his friends, they probably think I hate them or something.

I feel Matt’s head turning around a little.

“Let’s go somewhere else okay?” He whispered softly in my ear, I nodded and brought my right hand down and wiped my cheeks so it hopefully wouldn’t look like I’ve been crying. I was just about to reach down for my book bag when Matt picked it up in his left hand and told me he got it, he then put his right hand out for me to take which I did and we made our way out, we looked for a place to be and we found the perfect spot right outside the school on the grass.

We both sat down and silence came over us one more time. I crawled from my spot on the grass and straddled Matt and leaned my head into the crook of his neck, I started to cry again and just like in the cafeteria he put his hands around me and pulled me in closer letting me cry.

“It’s ok.” He whispered in my ear making me shiver a little.

“No it’s not, your friends must hate me or think I hate them” I said and then let out a sob.

“No they don’t, they know that everybody has their bad days” He said and moved one hand up and started to stroke my hair.

“Why don’t you tell me what’s up?” He asked after the small silence.

“I just feel guilty, I didn’t mean to ignore you guys it’s just so hard” I whispered and sniffled.

“What’s hard babe?” He asked and kept stroking my hair.

“Everything” I said and let out another sob.

“Tell me” He said gently and pulled me away from his chest and wiped my tears away with his right hand. He caught my eyes and I felt embarrassed looking into his.

“It’s stressing doing it all” I said not giving him a concrete answer.

“Doing what?” He asked looking at me and then tucked a strain of hair behind my ear.

“Everything, the work, the homework, the sleeping” I said and let out another sob.

“Want to talk about it?” He asked and I looked up at him with a small pout, I wiped the tears away with the back of my hand and sniffled.

“Not here” I said and looked around seeing some teenagers walking around. Matt nodded and wiped the wetness away from my cheek making it completely dry.

“Want to sit here or go back inside?” He asked and I didn’t even have to think about it.

“Go inside” I said softly and he nodded.

There was a small silence and I waited for him to get up.

“I may need my feet, you know so I can get up and walk and stuff” He said and I looked down noticing I was still straddling him, I felt a small blush creep up to my cheek as I stood up.

I grabbed my book bag and Matt took my hand in his and we started to walk towards the cafeteria until we heard the annoying voice of Val who surprisingly was alone, you see ever since her first school day her and Isabella have been together every single waking moment, both drooling over Matt.

“Matthew!” She shouted in her annoying voice and it didn’t take long for her to stand in front of us and I immediately felt Matt’s hand clench my hand tighter but not so hard that it hurt.

“Valary” He said sounding formal.

“How many times have I told you silly, you can call me Val” She said and Matt just chuckled.

“Anyway, I can’t wait to spend the entire weekend with you.” She said and looked at me when she finished.

“What?” Matt asked looking confused.

“You didn’t hear? My family and your family are going to your cabin since it’s been such a long time” She said and giggled.

“Uh, actually I think you must be mistaken. Me and the guys have a gig this weekend.” He said and I looked at him to see an unfamiliar expression on his face.

“Well your parents said this weekend, I have to go now but I seriously can’t wait for us to spend some more quality time together” She said and winked at him before she left.

“I can’t fucking believe it” Matt said and I just looked at him now recognizing the facial expression, it was one of unbelievable, hurt and annoyed all mixed together.

“Do you have to go?” I asked not knowing what to say.

“If I know my parents, which unfortunately I do then yes. The worst thing is that they fucking knew it.” He said as we reached the door to the cafeteria.

I frowned “I’m sorry” I said and he looked down at me.

When he looked down at me I saw a look of confusion on his face “Why are you sorry, it’s not like you made this happen” He said.

“Yeeeeah, I need to tell you something” I said and looked guilty.

“Hardy har har” He said and chuckled making me smile.

“But seriously, I know how much the band means to you and having to have to cancel the gig must suck big time.” I said and gave him a small pout.

“Maybe not, I just need to find a way to convince them that it’s best that I stay home” He said and bit his lower lip.

“Ooh, sounds evil” I said and giggled.

He winked at me and opened up the doors and we both made our way over to the table.

“Hi” I said quietly and they all looked at me.

“Ello” Jimmy said with a big smile and saluted me.

“Sit down” Emily said with a soft smile and patted at the seat next to her and Sarah.

I let go of Matt’s hand and sat down next to them while Matt went to sit down on his original place next to Brian and Jimmy.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's 1:31 here in Norway which means it officially SATURDAY which means NEW UPDATES!
Sadly i think this will be the only update for my stories today because right after i post this i am going to bed and when i wake up we are going on a day trip to Sweden so i won't be able to update, but i will update on sunday or monday :D

Jennifer's outfit and school bag!