Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

Chapter 40

Matt’s P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of the alarm clock on my phone going off, I shut it off with a groan and open my eyes. I look around the room before I turn around and smile at Jennifer, well it would have been Jennifer if she was there, but she wasn’t.

My hand goes to her spot and its cold meaning she’s been up for a while. It’s 6:45 am now.

I get up with another groan and shiver a little with how cold my room was, I walk over to the air conditioning in my room and shut it completely off before I go to the bathroom to do my business then walk in my closet and pick a shirt that lays on the floor, after checking if it smelt bad (which it didn’t) I put it on and then put on a pair of jeans and some black sandals.

The smell of pancakes hit me the second I opened my door and my stomach growled in hunger. A smile hit my face as I saw Jen placing a stack of pancakes on the counter with some syrup, nutella and milk.

“Mondays are not my favorite mornings but you just made it a thousand times better” I say with a smile as I enter the kitchen and sit down.

She gives me a smile and sits down “Well aren’t you a charmer” she says and I smile showing my dimples.

“I have to say I’m shocked you came down, I thought you would just ignore the alarm and go back to sleep” she says as she takes a pancake and put a thin layer of nutella on it.

“I’m not going to lie, the thought struck me. But my cuddle buddy wasn’t there with me so I couldn’t” I say as I pour syrup on my pancakes and starts to eat like my life depended on it.

She laughs and we eat the pancakes in a comfortable silence. When both of us are done we stand up and she collects the plates but I stop her.

“As cute as you look in my clothes I think maybe you should go change, I’ll fix this” I say and she smiles, nods and pecks my lips. I smile to myself and take the plates to the sink and quickly run them under the hot water before I place them in the dishwasher.

Jen’s P.O.V
“I’ll see you at lunch?” I ask Matt as we get to my locker.

“Of course” He says and pecks my lips and starts to walk in the direction of his locker.

“Yo yo hoe hoe” I hear from behind me and I see Emily standing there with a smile on her face.

“Hi” I say as I take out my math books and put them in my book bag.

“So I must say I’m surprised to see you here” Emily says with a smirk.

“Haha yeah, I thought it was time to show up and do some math and not lie in a
comfortable bed doing nothing almost all day” I reply sarcastically.

“Morning” Robyn says as she walks towards us.

“Where’s Maria?” Emily asks immediately.

“I don’t know, I thought she was with you” Robyn says.

“Probably late” Emily says and Robyn nods.

“So, what exactly do you know about your … plus one?” Emily asks and discreetly looks from
my eyes and down to my stomach so we would know what she was talking about.

“Oh, uhm not much since it’s only four weeks going on five” I say and they nod.

“But it’s supposed to be as big as a poppy seed apparently.” I say and both of them nod their head again.

“How big is a poppy seed?” Emily asks and I shrug.

“You know those bagels with the small black round things on them?” Robyn asks.

“Yeah?” We say in union.

“That’s poppy seed” She says and both of our eyes widened.

“Well that’s not big at all” I say and Emily nods.

“How do you know that anyway?” Emily asks.

“I like food and flowers, shoot me” Robyn reply and we just chuckle.

The bell rings and we all part our ways. They walk to their music class while I walk towards math.

Yay.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a short chapter but it's just to let you guys know that i am back after having the BIGGEST writert's block of all time, i'm going to try and add some drama in the next chapter and still try and not make this story a 100 chapter long x]

Anyway, I hope all of you are still with me and please bear with my grammar errors, i am reallt trying, but right now i'm sitting in a boat in the middle of the ocean on my way home from my dad so grammar aren't really the thing i'm thinking about right now x] But please let me know if there is ;)

Making a long note short: I'm back, hopefully there will be some drama in here soon and I'm on a boat (cue The lonely Island ft T-Pain - I'm on a boat ;D)

I'll be back with a new and longer chapter soon!