Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

The Time Will Be Better, She Don't Say A Word.

Jen’s P.O.V
It’s been an hour since the girls left and I am currently sitting on the couch watching an episode of Misfits with a bowl of ice cream on my lap.

Telling them about my past is something I defiantly don’t regret and the reaction is a big part of why I don’t regret it. I honestly didn’t know what to expect from them since I hadn’t known them for so long but they were really calm about it. They had asked me a few questions about things I didn’t mention in the story and since I now consider them my friends I answered all of them truthfully.

So after a few questions, games and a promise that I would show up on school on Monday they left which brings us to where we are now, on the couch eating ice cream and … well you know the rest.

” Try that in your driving test. That's getting you a fail... Or a pass... And probably some kind of internal injury..."

I let out a small laugh at what Nathan said but stop when I hear the roaring of a car, which I can only assume is Matt’s car since its 9 pm.

Putting the bowl on the coffee table in front of me I stand up and walk over to the windows, I see Matt opening the door and a small smile comes to my face.

He locks the car and then loosens the tie he has around his neck before he hastily makes his way into the house.

I turn around as I hear the door open and run down the stairs and down the hallway until I’m face to face with Matt who is currently taking off his shoes.

He gives me a small tight smile and then hurriedly kicks his shoes off before he hastily walks past me and up the stairs.

With a confused look I run after him just in time to see him walking into his bedroom and I of course follow.

“What’s up?” I ask as I watch him run into the bathroom turning on the shower and then walking back out and into his closet not giving me an answer.

“Dude!?” I ask loudly just as he was about to walk into the bathroom.

I wasn’t angry but I sure as hell was frustrated that he didn’t tell me and basically ignored me.

“I’ve been gone for ten hours. 9 hours and 45 minutes of those minutes were spent with Val. She kept clinging on to me and touching me everywhere, and I mean everywhere” He says as he looks down towards his .. manly parts.

A small frown comes onto my face and I stand still letting the information sink in.

“Does the heat on this thing get higher?” I hear Matt shout and I then realize that he is in the shower.

“Your skin will get scolded if you use the highest heat!” I shout back through the door.

“That didn’t really answer my question” He says and I just chuckle.

“Use a loofa or scrub gloves” I say.

I walk back down to the living room and to my bowl of now half melted ice cream. I sat down and continued watching the show, sure I had missed a few minutes but I had seen this one before so it didn’t really matter.

An hour later and I turn off the TV and make my way up to Matt’s bedroom. I walk inside to hear the shower still going.

“How many showers?” I ask through the door.

“ … 15” I hear Matt reply and I chuckle.

“I think you’re clean now” I say and I hear him mumbling something and not long after that the shower is turned off.

I take the black garbage bag and drag it to the side of the bed which I sit upon. I open it and look through to find something to sleep in and when I find my sleeping shorts but no comfortable t-shirts to sleep in I know I have only one choice.

Matt’s closet.

Taking the shorts with me, I walk into his closet to find a t-shirt.

Finding a simple black cotton V-neck t-shirt I quickly changed out of the clothes I was wearing and into the shorts and t-shirt.

“I’ll take a few new showers tomorrow morning, just to be sure” Matt says as he walks out of the bathroom in only his boxers.

He walks over to the bed and starts getting under the sheets when he notices me staring at him with widened eyes and then he abruptly stands up.

“I’m sorry, do you want me to change?” Matt asks.

A blush comes onto my face knowing he had seen me watching him, I slowly shake my head and look up at him.

“No it’s ok, it’s your room” I reply quietly.

“Yeah but I don’t want you to be uncomfortable” He says while looking unsure and I just shrug.

“I’m not uncomfortable” I say quietly, my face heating up more than it already was.

“Oh really?” He asks while his eyebrows move up and down in a suggestive manner.

“Yeah, how can I resist all of … that” I say while pointing towards him standing there while posing in “Greek god” positions.

“Well ok then.” He says as he hops into bed and quickly gets under the cover, folding it so it’s just above the hem of his boxers.

I boldly move over from my space and cuddle into Matt’s side and put my head on his chest, just so my right ear is above his heartbeat.

I’m not going to lie, I’ve read a couple of romantic books and some supernatural fan-fictions and always when someone is in bed with someone they care about, the woman always put her head on the guys chest (or visa versa) and then they listens to that persons heartbeat. And I just want to see/hear it for myself.

Matt’s arm goes around me and pulls me tighter into him and I let my left arm rest above his stomach. He presses a small kiss onto my head before he sighs and moves a little until he is comfortable.

I look up and see that his eyes are closed.

“Good night” I whisper as I give him a small kiss on his cheek.

A small smile comes onto his face but he keeps his eyes closed.

“Good night babe” He says.

My head goes back to his chest and I listen closely to see if I can hear anything and I do. I can softly make out his heartbeat and its calm beats.

After listening for what feels like a minute I close my eyes and fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
It’s been a while ey?

I have nothing else to blame but pure laziness and a little writers block. It’s like everytime I’ve tried to write I’ve just procrastinated. But hopefully my spirit is back.

Aaaand, hopefully my spirit will be back stronger after seeing Avenged Sevenfold LIVE, June 19th :D !!!

Grammar mistakes?? I feel like there are some, especially in the last part... :/