‹ Prequel: Accidents Happen

Tragic Romance

In Flight.

I've never had trouble taking my son on an airplane because he had been flying out every couple of weeks since he was three. But I didn't know that taking two children, who have never flown (Or been closer to a plane then looking from the ground to the sky,) would be such a big deal. But when Zack decided that it would be alright to pre-order five first class tickets to John Wayne airport in Orange County California those two rookies just about had a spas attack about what it would be like. And when we actually got there, their eyes grew wide and they just about got lost in all the commotion of LaGuardia Airport in Queens, farther from home then either of them had been, before.
My six year old had explained every detail about flying the night before when we decided that it would be easier for the siblings to stay the night at our place so we could catch our 8 o'clock flight, but the morning had no effect on their excitement.

"Where do we go next? Do we get on the plane, yet? Do we get to ride on the big one?"
"James, honey, calm down. We just walked in we have to get through security and baggage check and then we
wait for our plane to be called and then we find out which plane we are going on," I shared, taking his hand in my left with Zacky's in my right. Jacoby and Zack stood next to James as we walked on.

And they didn't lose any of their energy as we took our seats on the plane. Even though the whole time I was glaring at Zack's smirking face and he glanced at the first class ticket in his hand, one of five that he didn't let me pay for. There were two seats in each row. Zacky and James sat together in front of me, Jacoby sat next to me and Zack sat in front of the boys, his seat was turned to face them and no one sat next to him.

The ride seemed incredibly short and I knew that the whole time the few other people scattered around the first class section were rolling their eyes in annoyance at the hyper six and seven year olds that only stopped talking when they fell asleep watching a Power Rangers dvd and arguing over which is better; The Red Ranger, Jason or the Blue Ranger, Billy.
Jacoby sat next to me with her ear phones in the whole time, bobbing her head around to the sound of M. Shadows voice. When I realized that I pulled one out and laughed at her angry facial expression.

"Listen to something else, Matt is going to sing for you plenty at the concert on Sunday,"
Jacoby's jaw dropped and I giggled, "The
what?"
"Oh, my bad, did I forget to tell you? Avenged is putting on a show Saturday at a venue in Cali,"
A scream erupted from the girl in the seat next to me and she added onto that with a dance. People around us gave her nasty stares and a brunette flight attendant walked over to us with a sickly sweet smile on her face.
"Can I please ask you to refrain from screaming while on the plane? Thank you and enjoy your flight," She walked off and I laughed loudly at 'Coby's happy dance.
"What's she so amped up about?" Zack asked, leaning in between the sleeping boys' seats.
"I just told her about the concert," I shrugged and he sat back in his seat, "I'm just glad the dunce didn't wake up those two,"
"Sorry," Jacoby sang, happily. Putting her ear phones back in and I grabbed the beat up MP3 player and switched it to early Panic! At The Disco. Jacoby grinned at me as Brendon Urie's enticing voice flooded her ears.


With about 45 minutes left of our almost 5 hour flight, I stood up and walked over to sit by Zack. He grabbed my hand in his and drew circles on my palm.
"We're almost there," I grinned up at him, "This is going to be fun,"
Zack nodded, "Yeah, you haven't been back home in months,"
"I haven't been back to your home in months," I interpreted and Zack gave me a look that told me just to shut up.
"Maxx, I want to ask you about what you said to Lana yesterday," Zack said, all the silliness draining from his smooth voice.
"What did I say?" I queried, questions swimming in my eyes.
Zack sighed and smiled at me slightly, nervously, "You told her that there was someone out here, In California, that might want to adopt them. Who were you talking about?"
I pulled my fingers from his and wrung my hands together. I glanced at the beautiful sleeping boys across from us and sighed, "I was talking about myself,"
Zack did a double take and them his jaw dropped. After a moment he ran his tongue over his snakebites and kissed my cheek. All nervousness fled from my body and I grinned.
"You're too nice for your own good," He laughed, wrapping his arms around my neck.
"I know, but they are amazing kids," I kissed his jaw and the slight stubbled felt rough against my lips.
"Are you sure that you want to take on two more children?"
"Pretty sure," I nodded, burying my face under his jaw and against his neck.
"Maxx," Zack said, dragging out my name, "That's a lot of responsibility, I mean if we ever have another kid that'll be four,"
"I know, but even growing up all I wanted to do was take in kids that had no one else and really, Jacoby isn't a child. She's old enough to pretty much take care of herself,"
I felt Zacky nod and I kissed his neck, "Don't worry," I coaxed, placing kisses along his collar bone. "Zacky, I want to ask you a question about what you just said..."
"Yeah?"
"You just said if we ever have more kids... Not if I ever have any more," I murmured and Zack scoffed, his arms folding tighter around me.
"If you are ever going to have anymore children it's going to be with me. You are never, ever, doing that with anyone but me!" He growled and I kissed him, hard.
"Zack," I grinned, "I'm not even your girlfriend. She'll be at your house, stop kissing me," I warned and he pouted,
"No," His lips met mine again.
"Icky! Mommy, Daddy! Gross!" Zack and I broke apart and saw two children sticking their tongues out at us. Jacoby in the back laughing loudly.
Both Zack and I stuck our tongues out at them and then Zack captured my lips in a kiss.

"Please take your seats and plug in your seat belts we will be landing at John Wayne Airport momentarily, thank you,"
Both Zack and I leaned forward and clicked in one of the boys before doing the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short... but they are finally in Cali!
What did you think about Maxx and Zack's conversation?