Reduced To Tears.

Found Me Lost

Caris and Charity both walked into school, both with devastating looks on their faces. For once, Caris didn’t have anything to say. She felt better than she did yesterday, the pain had subsided slightly, but she still felt the sadness. She didn’t know if she could survive the two weeks holidays, that seemed to loom out in front of her. Her violin case bumped against her shin, and she felt broken, like a little porcelain doll, that had been dropped one too many times. The lose had affected everyone, and it was a feeling that would never really go away. It was forever.
Hayden was the only one outside of the history room when Caris got there after rollcall. She didn’t speak to him. He looked at her, worriedly. She still didn’t say a word. Then Ella Jameson burst into the corridor, bring a gush of cold air with her, blowing a sweet smell after it. Ella was a friend to Caris. They got on well, and they liked each other. She was gorgeous. Slightly taller than Caris, with wide, sparkling blue eyes, and a friendly smile. She had taken a liking to Hayden a week before. She had told him too, but Caris didn’t think anything of it. She thought Hayden hadn’t liked Ella. As the class began to arrive, about half of them had decided to not bother coming to school that day. Caris would have been one of them, except the thought of one more day alone was like the thought of skinny dipping into freezing ice water in the midst of Winter. Not very appealing. The lessons of the day went quickly, and easily. Fifth period, and Caris didn’t really believe how fast the day had gone. That’s when Charity handed Caris a little note, folded up neatly. Caris unfolded it, and in the centre of it, in Ella’s neat handwriting were the three little words.
‘He’s My Boyfriend.’
Caris shattered. She felt herself cracking. ‘I should have known,’ she thought to herself. ‘Who in their right mind would want ME when they could have ELLA?’ Caris plastered a smile on her face and nodded at Ella, whose face broke into complete happiness. It was music. She loved music. Hayden played a steady beat on the drums, and Caris joined in on the violin. People were hearing what they had been practising for the past few weeks. Charity came in on the bongo drums, and Francesca was playing rhythm on the keyboard. Jessica Moore played keys on the xylophone, and Madison was playing the guitar. Mrs. Myrow was basically overflowing with the pleasure of the sounds winding in and out of her ears. Hayden played a final roll, and with a last piercing note from Caris, the song stopped. All those who hadn’t been playing broke into wild cheers and applause. Caris raised her bow into the air, and she knew, that behind her, Hayden was probably doing the same. The musicians bowed, and the audience swarmed them, giving out vast amounts of praise.
“God Caris, I never knew you could play like that!” Nicholas said to her, thumping her hard on the back.
Caris permitted a small smile at him, and glanced around for Charity.
“Jesus Caris! Your amazing!” Ella said loudly, over the noise of the class.
Caris smiled politely at Hayden’s new girlfriend, wishing that the feeling in her stomach was hate for the girl. But she couldn’t. She couldn’t hate Ella. Ella was lovely ,and she knew that she was jealous of everything she was.
By the end of last period, Caris was ready for the holidays. She couldn’t take anymore school, anymore happiness or excitement. That was the end of the dramatic and tragic term two. Caris was gone before anyone could say goodbye.