All They Know Is Misery

Three.

I sat down at the only empty lab table in my Chemistry class. I had elective science, and I decided to take Chemistry again.

Jimmy walked in shortly after and I quickly looked around, starting to panic. Shit, shit, shit, he can’t be my lab partner. No way in hell.

He smirked as he sat down next to me. “No,” I mumbled, shaking my head.

“Yes,” Jimmy whispered closely to my ear.

I jumped out of my seat, falling backwards and landing flat on my back, looking up at him.

Everyone laughed at me, and Mr. Hanson shot a glare in my direction. I pulled myself up and apologized, sitting back down.

“Okay, class,” Mr. Hanson started. “Welcome back to school. I’d like to introduce myself to those of you who have not had me yet. My name is Mr. Hanson. You can like me, or you can hate me. I don’t care. Just letting you know, this is not an easy class, but I’m sure you’ll love it.”

Jimmy scoffed and rolled his eyes, resting his head on the palm of his hand and leaning forward on the table. “Yeah right,” he mumbled.

I sighed as Mr. Hanson continued, “To start off today, we will be doing a small lab with chemicals, so be careful. The person you are sitting next to will be your permanent partner for the rest of the year, unless the need of change is essential.”

I zoned out while he was telling us the instructions and such. Then he passed out papers and Jimmy looked at me, waving his hand in front of my face. “Wake the hell up, McKnight,” he grumbled.

I blinked and glared up at him. He chuckled and hopped off his stool, walking to the back of the classroom. I grabbed the paper and read it over. That bastard better not get anything on me.

He walked back over with all of the things we need and started telling me what to do.

“Don’t tell me what to do,” I snapped.

“And why shouldn’t I? You weren’t paying a speck of attention to Mr. H,” Jimmy asked rudely.

“Yes I was, I know what I’m doing,” I told him and started setting up the beakers and the test tubes. I took two of the chemicals and mixed them, resulting in no chemical reaction.

“Oh really?” he asked, snatching the test tube from me and started doing things by himself.

“Fine then,” I muttered, turning around. I reached down to my book bag and took my cell phone out after
I felt it vibrate against my leg. Just as I was about to answer a text from Johnny, the little shit, Jimmy screamed, “Duck!”

I shot up and looked around. Everyone was ducked. I looked at the beaker that was overflowing with purple foam. “Shit,” I muttered just before it exploded.

I had passed out from the explosion. How, I don’t know. But when I woke up, I had not planned on being purple.

I screamed as I looked at myself in the mirror. I turned and rushed out of the bathroom and back into the nurse’s office, still screaming. “I’m purple!” I shrieked, overly pissed off.

“I know honey. We tried to scrub it off, but it wouldn’t come off. I’m not sure how long you’ll be that way, but Jimmy has something for you,” she said, a genuine look of concern on her face.

I whirled around and glared at Jimmy. “What do you want?!”

“Here,” he said, standing up and handing me a bag.

“What’s in it?” I asked, eyeing the bag.

“It’s a tee shirt and a pair of gym shorts,” he said annoyed, and rolled his eyes.

I took the bag and slightly smiled. “Thanks.”

He waved me off rudely and I shook my head, walking back towards the bathroom to change.

After I’d changed, I put my purple hair up in a ponytail and pulled my bangs down over my eyes. I looked like a grape.

“What happened to you?” a deep voice chuckled from behind me.

I turned around and glared at Brian and Zacky. “Ask your friend,” I spat before turning on my heel and walking off to my locker. I didn’t have a seventh period, luckily. I gathered my things and looked down at my arm where my bandage was supposed to be, and it wasn’t there, exposing my stitches that were now purple. I groaned, rolling my eyes. They probably thought I was a freak now.

I slammed my locker shut and turned around to walk out to my car, and ran into someone. I looked up at Jimmy and sighed. “Excuse you.”

He laughed hard. “Excuse me? Excuse you! You’re the one who ran into me!”

“You have no remorse, do you?” I asked, shaking my head.

“Says the purple teletubbie,” Jimmy laughed.

I flipped him off and walked past him, my shoulder brushing against his arm. Damn giant.

I quickly made my way out to my car and got in. My life was pure hell whether I was at school or home. I needed to get away, and I knew exactly where I was going.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please! ):
They make us happy campers. (: