‹ Prequel: Dance in the Dark.
Status: Semi-active. Slight writer's block. Updates not so often.

Hold Tight to Your Vampire.

Tempting.

That night Ashiee suggested we block unknown numbers from our phones since she was getting pretty ticked at all of this too. And that's just what we did. Bye-bye V, bye-bye.

Feeling pretty confident, I went upstairs and took a nice hot shower. Showers always make me feel better. Well, until I got out.

I screamed bloody murder at what was written in the steam on the mirror; "You can't get rid of me that easily, bitches!"

Mama ran in and pulled me close, asking what was wrong. When I pointed to the mirror, she gasped and called for daddy.

"How the hell could whoever this 'V' person is even do this?" I asked, scared as mama held me close

"We'll figure it out, baby. For now just go get dressed in your room, okay?" Mama tried to be brave, but I could hear the fright in her voice.

I nodded and went into my room, locking the door behind me and checking the windows and my closet.

"Alice," Annalissa said in my head as I put on my pajamas. I had forgotten about her, she's so quiet. "Alice I'm sorry I haven't been able to talk to you lately but Mystic Falls isn't the only place getting hit by V's rain of terror."

Wait, the Spirit Realm is too? I thought back to her as I slid on my Avenged Sevenfold shirt Lucky got me a while back.

"Yes, and when Ashton said it wasn't over, do not underestimate him. Because--"

Ashton?! Wait, so is V Ashton?! But the person goes by V, that doesn't make any sense...

Anna sighed. "No, Alice. V is Ashton's accomplice. I know it's a woman in her mid twenties, she's around your mother's age. I think your mother may know her if she focuses and V leaves more clues."

You consider scaring the bajesus out of all of us and being a bitch is leaving clues?

"No, Alice. Her first clue was saying her name began with a V. And by saying you were all 'pretty little liars' which means she knows some bad things about you guys."

Oh, okay. So each message she leaves is a clue to who she really is?

"Yes, Alice."

Than how did she leave the message on the mirror?

"Think about it, Alice. Bonnie and Ashiee are witches with great power, many witches can write messages and have it appear somewhere else. Then you've got spirits such as myself who appear invisible to most people and can write things such as that without being noticed."

So she's either a witch or a spirit?

"Most likely. But if she's Ashton's accomplice, I'm going to have to say she's a witch because Ashton needs some kind of tie to the real world. He would need someone alive. But also someone who can go back and forth from the Spirit Realm into the real world."

Wait, so could it be possible that she's not just a witch but more than that? Like maybe some kind of vampire or something?

"I'm not sure but...possible...don't...guard down....Al-ice? Alice can...me? Anna's words were becoming jumbled and not understandable to me.

What? Anna I don't know what you're trying to say.

"...Not trust...she is...takeover...pure evil..."

Who is, Anna? Who's pure evil? Who shouldn't I trust?

"Krys..Krystal...lline...Dark one...pure evil!"

Anna? Anna who the hell is Krystalline? I didn't know what was going on, but Anna was gone.

I shook it off and attempted to sleep to no avail. So I pulled out my Harry Potter novel and fell asleep in an hour of reading.

"Alice," A voice said, purposly dragging on my name in a sing-song voice. "Alice, I know you can hear me." It was a new voice. Not one of the ones from my nightmares, but still taunting.

"Alice, I want you to go to the basement and find a book for me."

I sat up groggily in my bed. "Who's there?" I said, tiredly.

"I will tell you my name once you go fetch that book, okay?"

"Why do I have to get the book?" I yawned.

"Because you're the only one who can not only hear me but probably touch it. So go get it and bring it back up here, okay?"

"What book? And why is it so important at like two in the morning?"

"It's all black and leather. An old leather. It'll probably be all alone on one of the book shelves down there. And with my help, that book can help you get rid of both V and Ashton."

I was suddenly wide awake.

"But you can't tell anyone about the book."

"Well why not?"

"Because it's all alone and not touched in years for a reason; people couldn't control it so they thought it was bad and refused to even look at it. But I can help you, Alice. Just get the book."

I narrowed my eyes into the shadows and why I don't know but I went to find that book.

The basement was cold and dark but my eyes adjusted easily to the new surroundings and on my right way in the back I found a bookshelf with only one big, black book on the top shelf.

"I take it you're that stupid book." I said as I approached the book shelf.

The shelf the book was on was just above where my fingers could reach and I got irked. I looked down at the bottom shelf, stuck my feet on a group of old, dusty books, and got the lift I needed to grab the book.

It was larger than a normal book, but smaller than Bonnie's family Grimwar. On the cover were the words In manuum of aspicio exsisto Umbra Veneficus. I had no idea what it meant, but I think it was Latin.

Quietly as I could, I went back upstairs with the book, locking my door behind me once again.

"Okay, I got the book. What now? Who the hell are you?"

"My name is...Karine. This book can allow you to do great things. You just need to let your soul be open to it."

Somehow, I didn't quite like where this was going.

"Well, what am I supposed to do?"

"What would you like to do? The Book can allow you to do anything. Bring someone back from the dead, drag someone to the dead, even bring fiction to life."

I pondered each idea, especially the last one since I had gotten so into the Harry Potter series. But could I really let that hell loose on Mystic Falls? Psychotic vamps were bad enough, as though people (aka 'muggles' to them) don't have enough to deal with that they'd need to worry about Voldemort and the Death Eaters wiping out the entire human race?

And much as I do like Draco Malfoy, I already have a great boyfriend by the name of Aster Shaddix.

"Don't you want to bring someone out from that book you've been reading? Someone who could help you uncover V?"

"Maybe a little...but who in the Harry Potter series could help me?" I laughed a little to myself for thinking about this.

"Anyone you like, little Alice. Anyone from Harry Potter himself," Pass. "to Draco Malfoy or Bellatrix Lestrange."

I raised an eyebrow at the mention of the last two. "Okay but don't you think they'd cause some serious trouble for people?"

"You would have released them, they obey you, Alice."

"Really?" This was begining to sound interesting to me now.

"You can do anything you want with that book. You could make your mom a full vampire, bring Draco Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange to life, even find out who V is."

"Well...maybe I could try it out just a little bit..." It was too tempting for me not to.
♠ ♠ ♠
At last, I updated!
Hahaa.
But oh no! What's going on now?!
Guess you're just gonna have to comment&&wait. Hahaa.
The more comments I get the quicker I'll updatee!
(:
P.s. How do you like the new backround? Hahaa.

Also, if you like the Naruto Series, the Akatsuki, and Draco Malfoy, please check out my other story; A Homeschooled Witch, Living with the Akatsuki, Sneaking Around with Draco Malfoy.
It's pretty amusing(:
And you can thank my friend Lauren for the plot ideas on that one ;)

So...comment?
(: