Status: Slowly Active

What Makes It Wrong For Us To Fall In Love?

U.S History

Alyssa's POV
During the remaining minutes of lunch, I had gotten to know Jack more. I learned that he played guitar and was in a little band with Rian, Alex, and some kid named Zack. He told me Zack went to another school. No wonder his name didn’t sound familiar. He said music was life and hopes that their band would become popular in the future. Something we also had in common was that his favorite bands were Blink-182, Third Eye Blind, New Found Glory, and Something Corporate; which happened to be some of mine as well. He then continued to ramble how sexy Andrew McMahon was, and how he wanted to date him. We all know that would never happen though. ‘He is way out of your league’ I thought. It was pretty amusing to hear. I think this boy might be secretly gay.

Jack also got to learn more about me as well. I just told him the basics of my life, which consisted of just being a normal girl moving from California to Baltimore, Blink-182 being my favorite band, and having lots of friends back home. I told him how much I missed my old friends and teachers. He looked pretty interested in what I had to say.

Once lunch was over, I was now headed to U.S History with Jack. He insisted that we link arms like Kindergarteners on our way there. In a far distance, I saw a couple making out. I just ignored it, but Jack decided to do the exact opposite. He unhooked our arms and walked a little closer to the couple.

"Yo! Alex! Bro!" He yelled, cupping his hands around his mouth to make himself sound a little louder. I don’t know why he would need to do that, the boy already has an earsplitting voice alone.

This “Alex” guy turned around, and I noticed he was the same Alex from English this morning. The same one that came to class late and the same one that bumped into me at the end of class. I knew he was up to no good. I bet he was flirting with someone else that wasn’t this girl, and that was why he was late to class this morning. I saw Alex whisper something into the chick's ear, and kiss her cheek while she giggled. He then started casually walking towards us. He and Jack did this weird handshake that boys do, and a bro hug. ‘Why do they even do that? It looks retarded’ I thought.

"Sup guys? Oh hey! It's Alyssa. You're the girl from English, right?" He asked in a flirting manner. I slightly nodded rolling my eyes, while he turned back to converse with Jack. ‘If he plans to get with me that will never happen’ I thought.

"Dude. Who was that? It looks like you were getting a little action over there." Jack smirked referring to the little scene that just happened a few minutes ago.

"Oh. That girl? Just some random chick named Karly from my Chemistry class; she wanted to make out. So hey? I just did it for the heck of it" Alex replied. They then did a knuckle touch. 'God. What is wrong with boys these days? Does everything in that little heads of theirs consist of macking with girls?' I thought.

“Did you get her number, bro?”Jack replied. Alex then nodded. ‘Of course he would’ I assumed.

After Jack and Alex had a little chit-chat, with the occasional talking or asking me about something, Jack and I were now headed to U.S History with the teacher named Mr. Heaps. I walked into the class to see a few people there; three to be exact. All three of them were reading books quietly at their desks. It seemed like they weren't very sociable, and they were more like bookworms.

“Hey Alyssa. Come sit with me in the back of the room. Trust me, this class is boring.” Jack said, clutching onto my hand and dragging me to the back of the room. I didn't have anyone else to sit next to anyways. “If you don’t want to be called on, always sit in the back” Jack added.

The room then started to fill with people, and two minutes later, it was packed. I don’t think there was a single empty seat. Mr. Heaps then took the attendance, acknowledging me as the new student. I smiled in response. After he was done, he started a boring lesson on World War II. ‘If this is what he does regularly, I think I might die of boredom’ I thought.

For the rest of the period, Jack ignored me. It kind of hurt that he wouldn't talk to me, but I understood that he did have other friends other than me. Every now and then, I stole a glance at Jack and his friends that he was talking to. I noticed it was some guys I had never recognized at all before. One was dressed in navy jeans with a flannel shirt. He had dark black hair and blue eyes. The other wore faded gray jeans with a red shirt. He had brown eyes and blonde hair; glasses were rested on the top of his nose. I shrugged it off, and continued to try to pay attention. Key word: Try.

It was very difficult to pay attention in this class. Jack was right; it was boring. When I looked up at the teacher, I swear all the words I could hear him say were Blah, blah, blah, blah. I didn’t have anyone to talk quietly to, which made it even worse.

Image

Fifty excruciating minutes later, the bell surprisingly rang. I thought I would’ve never gotten out. It felt as if each minute was an hour.

I picked up my bag and new homework. The assignment was to find the advantages and disadvantages each country had in World War II. I headed out the door and sprinted to my locker. In a far distance I could hear a voice faintly yelling “Alyssa! Alyssa!” I stopped in my tracks, and looked around. Who could be yelling my name? I then felt myself being tackled into a glomp, and falling to the ground. ‘Ow! Fuck!’ I thought. I got up on my feet, and dusted off my jeans. I turned around realizing it was Jack who tackled me.

“Alyssa! Why did you just go off like that?!” Jack frantically exclaimed. He was gasping for air. I guess he was running to catch up with me.

“Huh? What? It wasn’t like you needed me anyway” I snapped. After I said that, his face no longer flashed worry, it held sadness. “Oh God, I’m sorry Jack. I didn’t mean to s-snap at you like that. I-It’s just you were perfectly fine with your other friends...” I trailed off.

“Oh. About that. Yeah. Sorry.” He said, his voice sounded guilty.

“Hey, it’s okay Jack. I know you have other friends other than me. Don’t feel sorry” I smiled, touching his arm in a friendly way. His face then instantly lit up.

“Okay! I’m glad you’re not mad at me. I hate when people are mad at me. Makes me feel unloved” He said with puppy eyes. Oh, I couldn’t resist those. Who would hate Jack anyway? He’s such a great guy.

“Who would ever hate you Jack?” I chuckled. I think time got out of hand because next thing I knew, there were only three minutes to get to the next class. “Oh shit!” I yelled.

“What? What happened?” Jack held a confused look.

“Dude, we’re going to be late for class! Come on!” I yelled, pulling on his arm. Our next class was Calculus. Ugh. I hope it’s not as boring as the last class.

Right when we walked through the doorway of the classroom, the bell rang. Phew. That was close.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG, you guys are awesome(: I originally got 4 comments than usually!
And yes I know, that her first day of school already took up 3 chapters. It will only take up one more, so please bare with me! I think this is also the longest chapter I have written so far. So please, comment and subscribe!

-Christine<3(:

P.S. 4 comments maybe?