Status: Slowly Active

What Makes It Wrong For Us To Fall In Love?

Crushing

Alyssa’s POV
Luckily, the teacher didn’t give Jack and me weird stares when we rushed into the room. That wouldn’t be the best since it is only my first day of school here after all. I looked around the room if they were any empty seats to sit in since I did not come early. The room was almost filled.

“Alyssa!” I heard my name being called. I followed the echo of the voice, which lead me to none other than Lisa Ruocco. The same gorgeous girl I had met at lunch. She was waving her hand at me, signaling me to come join and sit next to her. I waved bye to Jack, and gave him a quick hug before retreating to the seat next to Lisa.

“Hey!” She happily exclaimed, giving me a quick hug before I sat down.

“Hi there” I smiled and gave into her friendly hug. After I sat down, the class began. When I stole glance at Lisa’s side, I saw another girl. She was almost as gorgeous Lisa.

“Oh, hey. Alyssa. Have you met Melanie yet?” Lisa asked. I slightly shook my head, my way of telling her I did not meet this “Melanie” girl. ‘Wow, even her name was gorgeous.’ I thought. I was totally jealous of both of them. “Oh, okay! Well Melanie, this is Alyssa, and Alyssa, this is Melanie!” Lisa said, introducing us to each other. I smiled and nodded at Melanie.

“Hey Alyssa! I’m Melanie as you already know” She giggled slightly, sticking out her hand for a shake. I gladly accepted, shaking her hand gently. “I know we’re going to be the best of-”

“Melanie Anderson. Alyssa Taylor. Do you girls have anything to say to the class?” Mrs. Labbe cut us off. I turned around back in my seat, lowered my head, and quietly mumbled a “sorry.” I again looked up at the teacher, and noticed she was an old lady. Her eye bags were showing; it was clear she often didn’t get enough sleep. She wore gray dress pants and one of those old lady shirts. I could already tell she had a temper. ‘Remember not to mess with her’ I thought to myself.

Five minutes later, I felt something land on my desk. It looked to be a piece of notebook paper. From the looks of it, it was obviously written by a girl, by the way the I’s were dotted with a heart. The writing also wasn’t sloppy like a boy’s handwriting. ‘Alyssa is the only one that opens this(:’ was written on the front. I slowly took the note in my hands, carefully hiding it from the teacher. I wouldn’t want to get caught on the first day of school. It would totally make the new teacher hate me even more than she already did. I then opened the note, reading the content it held inside.

Hey girl! Here’s mine and Lisa’s numbers just in case you wanna chat sometime! –XoXo Melanie
MelDawg: (1-410)562-5843
Lisa: (1-410)938-3851


I giggled slightly at the nickname Melanie wrote for herself. Seriously, who calls themselves ‘MelDawg’?!
I glanced slightly at Melanie, seeing that she was staring at me. She was obviously watching me read the note. I grinned at her, and she blew a kiss at me. I giggled. I then put the note into my back pocket, making sure to put the contacts into my phone later.

I turned back to the front of the classroom, ready to pay attention. This was way better than History class for sure.

Image

After my last class had finally ended, I retreated to my locker to get my English and Math book. I needed them to complete my homework assignments tonight. ‘Ugh. These books are heavy as fuck’ I thought. What made it even worse was that I had to walk home today. I was heading my way to the front doors of the school, when I felt a slap on my ass. ‘What the fuck?’ I thought, turning around. There I saw two guys who seemed to be Jocks doing a high five, and smirking at me. I put my books in one hand, and quickly flipped them off. ‘What is their fucking problem? That’s totally violating a girl’ I scoffed, thinking to myself in my head.

Sprinting out of the front doors, I turned left around the school, heading towards the direction of my house. Five minutes into the walk, and beads of sweat were already dripping down from my forehead. The scorching heat was at a high temperature. I thought Baltimore would be a cool-aired city. I guess I was wrong. California was way better; I mean it was chilly every day. Perfect temperature, it was never cold or too hot. Carrying these heavy books didn’t help either. Two blocks later, my house began to come into view. My new house looked nothing like the one back home. It had six windows, while the other one at home had only four. This house had a creamy beige exterior, while the one in California was a pale yellow. I honestly loved the one back in California, it seemed homier.

I guess I just have to get used to this one first, maybe then it will seem homier later in the months.

Walking up the driveway, I got the house key from my front pocket. Putting the key in the keyhole, I twisted it, and opened the door slowly. I heard the faint noise of a television on, signaling that someone was home. “Hello?” I called out, hoping that I would get a response.

“I’m in here darling!” My mother shouted back at me. I smiled, and continued to walk into the living room. My mom seemed to be watching Oprah. I chuckled softly to myself. My mother always had a thing for adult talk shows. “How was your first day at school darling?” She asked while I plopped myself on the couch.

“It was fine. I met some people who were nice enough to talk to me” I replied. She nodded in response.

“Did you find any cute guys?” She curiously asked. I laughed in response. My mom always was curious if I had a boyfriend. “What? A Mom can’t ask?” She laughed.

“N-No Mom, I don’t have a boyfriend yet” I chuckled, stuttering from the laughter emitting from my mouth. “Mom, I got some homework to do. So I’ll talk about boys later” I said, laughing. She nodded, shooing me off, and getting back into her show. I swear my mom is addicted to that show; you could instantly tell.

I retreated to the stairs, climbing them two by two. Once I had gotten to my room, I started getting my homework out of my bag. I decided to do English first since it was the easiest. I learned this about a month ago at my old school. Next on the list was History and Math homework. My other teachers didn’t want to give me homework on the first day, which I was thankful for.

-----Twenty Minutes Later-----

After finishing the last problem on my Math homework, I remembered that I had a note from Math today. I took out the note from my back pocket in one hand, and my cell phone in the other. I then started to copy Melanie and Lisa’s number into my contact list, pressing the Save button afterwards. I decided to call Melanie first since she would expect me to call her.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring

Hello?” Melanie asked. I heard chewing on the other end, so I assumed she was eating something. “Um, who’s this?” She added.

Hey Melanie! It’s Alyssa. You know the one from Math?” I asked. I hope she remembered me.

Oh. Hey girl! Of course I remember you!” She giggled; it was as if she read my mind. I nodded my head thinking that she could see. “So what’s up?” She said. I still heard the chewing on the other line.

Nothing much. I just wanted to talk to you. Get to possibly know you more” I replied. It was true. Melanie looked like a cool chick, so why not get to know her?

Yeah. Sure! I’ll start” She said, I could sense her smiling from the other end. “Well, my name is obviously Melanie Anderson. My middle name is Clarisse. I’m half French and half American. I absolutely adore photography; I plan to become a photographer when high school is done. Um, my favorite band is Blink-182. They’re amazing, and I just adore Mark Hoppus. I’ve lived in Baltimore my whole life. I also still sleep with my stuff toy that was given to me by my grandmother before she passed away. Yep. I think that’s it” She concluded, laughing slightly.

Oh my god, are you serious? Blink is my favorite band, too! I think we’re going to be the best of friends” I smiled. I then proceeded to tell her about my life; which was the same thing I told Jack at lunch earlier.

That's so cool! Oh yeah, and do you want to know a secret?” She urged.

Yeah, sure!” I replied. ‘I wonder what secret this is’ I thought.

Well, make sure you don’t tell anyone; only Lisa and you know about this, but...” She trailed off. ‘Oh come on! Just tell me already, it’s not like we’re in 3rd grade!’ I thought. “Um, I kind of have a crush on Jack Barakat” She shyly said.

Oh. My. God.
♠ ♠ ♠
OhMyFuckingGaskarth! Thank you so much for comments! You guys are awesome! I mean, twenty fucking comments?! ;')
Anyways, well you got to meet Melanie! And she has a crush on Jack! :OOOO
I think I have overused the words Oh My God and Fuck in this chapter. Haha

Let's step it up a bit, maybe.. 8 comments for chapter 6?

-Christine<3(:

P.S. Only true All Time Low fans know this song:
"Now I've walked this line a thousand times before; it hurts too much to bear. For you, I'd tear out my own heart and write our names together. Your love is the barrel of a gun. So tell me am I on the right end? I could be nothing but a memory to you. Don't let this memory fade away."
Guess the song ;)