Status: Slowly Active

What Makes It Wrong For Us To Fall In Love?

New Found Glory

Alyssa’s POV

Did I just hear what I think I did?’ I thought. “Are you freaking serious?” I asked, I think she’s messing with my head. “I know a Jack Barakat! He has four classes with me! Tall guy, baggy jeans, big nose, and brown hair with blonde highlights, right?” I asked in shock, still not believing her.

Yes! That’s him! No way! You’re shitting me, right?” She squealed. I took my cell phone a few inches away from my ear. Her voice was just as earsplitting as Jack’s. Maybe it was even worse; if that’s possible. After she was done freaking out over Jack, I put my cell phone back onto my shoulder, holding it up with the side of my ear. “Oh my god! Jack is so adorable, I mean look at his eyes! They’re just amazing. He plays guitar, too! Guitar players are so sexy!” She rambled.

That’s nice to hear Melanie. Are you going to tell Jack anytime soon?” I asked. ‘Well, she might as well get it over with. This isn’t 3rd grade, I don’t think people would and will judge her differently’ I thought.

Um, I don’t think so. Well not yet at least. I don’t want him to think I’m some random creeper. I mean, he barely knows me. I just have second period English class with him.” She said. By the sound of it, she sounded worried. I could imagine her biting her lip, and scratching the back of her neck awkwardly.

I don’t think he’s like that, Melanie. Jack’s a great guy, and I don’t think he would think you would be weird creepy stalker. I mean, he is pretty weird himself…” I trailed off. “But Melanie, can you promise me one thing?” I added.

I can promise you anything! What is it?” She said.

If you ever get with Jack, please don’t hurt him. I know how he gets when he’s upset. Earlier at school, I just snapped at him, and he already looked heartbroken.” I said, remembering what his face looked like when I talked to him like that. It made me want to cry myself.

Yeah, sure. I can promise you that. I would never hurt Jack in the first place anyway” She quietly said. “So Alyssa, I’ll see you tomorrow at school, okay? It’s already late, I gotta go to bed. Mother’s orders.” I swear I could hear her rolling her eyes.

Alright! See you tomorrow. Bye “MelDawg”” I giggled. I still can’t get that nickname out of my head, it was ridiculous. I even put it as her contact name. I heard her say a quick “bye”, and then the line went dead. I ended the call by pressing the red phone button. Checking my messages, I saw I had received a new text message. I pressed the open button, finding out that the text message was from Melanie.

From: MelDawg (:
September 10, 2004. 11:38 PM
Please don’t tell Jack.
Goodnight! <3
XoXo


I smiled and closed the text. I wouldn’t be telling Jack anytime soon, but it won’t hurt to have some fun, right?

Yawning, I went into the bathroom. My hair was a mess, but it wasn’t like it mattered. I was going to go to sleep sometime soon. I quickly washed my face, and brushed my teeth; retreating to my bedroom afterwards. I glanced at the clock. 11:46 PM. Wow, no wonder Melanie’s mom told her to go to sleep. It was pretty late, I guess I just lost track of time.

After setting my alarm to 7 AM, I jumped on my bed, putting the covers over my slender body and turning off the lights. Five minutes later, I fell into a deep sleep.

Image

-----The Next Morning-----

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I slapped my hand on the snooze button groaning. I stuffed my head back into my pillow once again. It was so comfortable; I don’t think I would ever want to get up. ‘It. Is. Way. Too. Fucking. Early’ I thought.

Opening my drawers, I just picked a random shirt; which surprisingly happened to be a ‘New Found Glory’ shirt; one of my favorite bands. ‘Ah, that would do. Whatever.’ I thought. I picked out a random pair of knee high shorts, making my way into my bathroom.

After showering, styling my hair into a sided ponytail, brushing my teeth, and putting on some makeup, the same routine almost every day; I went outside my room. Hopping down the stairs one by one, I noticed Mom wasn’t up yet. I shrugged it off, making myself a bowl of cereal instead. After finishing my Cocoa Krispies in a mere five minutes, I grabbed my bag, and then headed for the front door. Locking the door after me, I stepped into the morning sun.

I headed to school, for my second day at Dulaney High School.

Image

Once I had gotten through the double doors, I spotted Jack. He looked like he was talking to the same guys from U.S. History yesterday. Since he was facing the way to the front doors, he spotted me in an instant. ‘Get ready for a tackle hug’ I noted. Soon, I was on the dirty school floor, with Jack on top of me.

“Hey Lyssa!” Jack shrieked. I put my hands over my ears. ‘Wow, this boy has a voice!’ I thought. “Oh my God! No way! You’re wearing a New Found Glory shirt!” He squealed, acting like a crazed fan girl who had just seen Elvis Presley. He then proceeded to repeatedly poke my stomach, right where the head of Jordan Pundik was. It was quite amusing, to say the least. After we stood back up, I turned around.

“Hey Jack! I know someone who likes you!” I pointed at him giggling, acting like a Kindergartener. ‘Maybe messing with him will be fun’ I smirked.

“Oh em gee! No way! Who is it?” He urged, starting to poke harder than before. It still didn’t hurt though, and I didn’t mind. “Please tell me, Alyssa! Pretty please?!” He begged. Puppy dog eyes plus Jack equals priceless adorable face.

“I’m not telling” I smirked. After a few minutes, I couldn’t hold my straight face anymore, and I cracked up. “Do you think I’m really going to tell you, Jack?” I chuckled. He then nodded his head really fast; it was if he was having a seizure. I couldn’t stop smiling. “Psh, you wish!” I said, starting to walk backwards. “Oof!” I yelled, falling on my ass. I think I bumped into someone, or maybe something. From my spot on the ground, I looked above me. I found Alex smirking right back at me. I chuckled, my face turning into a crimson red color.

I then looked to Jack, who was laughing his ass off. I gave him a ‘What the fuck are you doing?’ look and he immediately shut up. I smirked in response. Shortly after, I saw a hand stuck right in front of my face. I followed the arm, and it leads me to the boy named Alex. Realizing I was still on the floor, I reluctantly took his hand. Once he helped me up, I dusted off the back of my jeans.

“You have got to stop falling on your ass all the time” Alex chuckled.

“Well, sorry I’m not like the... Non-clumsy people out there!” I quickly retorted, making up the last part off the top of my head. He just laughed slightly in response. I slapped his arm, glaring at him like no tomorrow.

“Oh come on Alyssa! I’m sorry, don’t hate me” He pouted. I guess my glaring really did get to him.

“Alex, you can’t take a joke can you? I was just playing” I giggled. His face full of sadness was now replaced with excitement.

“Good, I don’t want you mad at me” He smiled, pulling me into a hug, although his hands were going a little lower than they were supposed to. I smiled back, and headed to English class once the bell rang.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is more like a fillerrrrr. But, you got to have more of Jack and Alex ;)
You guys are freaking amazing, I'm lovin' all the comments I'm getting!
Oh, and I bet you don't know the main reason why Alex's hands were going that low, you'll find out in the next chapter! 10 comments.. maybe?

Also, it's your time to tell me what YOU look for in a story! Is it the plot? Characters? Layout? And what you look for when selecting a story from the list of stories. I wanna know! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS!

-Christine<3(:

P.S. Guess the song time!
"I've got the keys, baby you're so gone. It's time to go, so put on all your clothes. We're running late, and we both know. 'Cause you've got your plans, and you know that I have mine. I fade away, got so little time."
Hint: They've been on tour with All Time Low

;)

EDIT: The song before the chapter was indeed Memories That Fade Like Photographs by the one and only All Time Low!<3