Status: Complete.

You Spurn My Natural Emotions

Sap.

[Trinity]

Today is July 7th, and that means one thing only – Brian’s 28th birthday. And he hasn’t let us forget it either. Not only has he planned the entire evening, but there’s a dress code too. A fecking dress code! He’s lucky that he’s in my good books, I tell you now. Brian decided that he wants us to be classy for his birthday (us? classy? Hah!), so we’re all going to a cocktail bar, and we have to be dressed ‘elegantly’. I’m pretty sure my version of elegant is different to Brian’s, but I’m going to wear an off-the-shoulder lime silk dress with black heels, lime nails and black accessories. And because I’m not naturally classy, I’m wearing a black bra underneath, meaning the top of it is showing above the top of the dress. Oh well. Peyton’s wearing a black tube dress with red heels, a black choker, red nails and lips, and a silver skull ring (that she’s borrowed from me). As usual, we both look pretty damn good.

“Are you ready yet?” I called up the stairs to my sister.

I swear she takes so fucking long to get ready!

“Just finishing my hair!” Peyton called back.

She’s straightening her hair, while I’ve loosely curled mine. With a sigh, I lit up a cigarette and inhaled deeply. It feels so good to be smoking again, let me tell you. I know, I know, I shouldn’t be, but they just help take the edge of my moods. And I’m not smoking half as much as I used to – I’m not that stupid. About ten minutes later Peyton finally walked downstairs, and we left the house. The plan was to walk to Brian, Matt’s and Johnny’s, and then to go to the bar from there. Peyton and I don’t have work for two days (today and tomorrow) so I can get as shitfaced as I like! Whoo! Well, I kinda need to, to be able handle myself around Zacky. Ever since the day I confessed to Peyton and Brian about why I can’t be with Zacky, it’s been even more awkward between the two of us than ever. Between glaring at me, and staring sadly at me, Zacky hasn’t spoken to me at all. Like, at all. Not even to insult me. Not even to attempt to seduce me. It actually almost hurts. No, scratch that. Forget I ever said it. At least don’t tell Peyton.

“Are you going to give the birthday boy some birthday sex?”

I looked up at Brian, who was grinning at me from his doorway.

“Not unless you can magically make your dick worth my while,” I retorted smoothly.

Matt, Johnny and Jimmy catcalled and cheered, Zacky just smiling at little. I looked away from Zacky and looped my arm through Brian’s, starting to talk to Leana and the 8 of us started to walk. Tonight’s going to be an interesting one, I can tell.

*

[Peyton]

We got to the bar not long after we left their guys’ house. Shots were downed straight away, and then we went to find a booth. I squished in between Matt and Jimmy, happily accepting a large marguerita from my sister, before she strutted back to the bar. Yes, this was going to be a good night.

“Have I told you how good you look tonight?” Matt murmured in my ear, gently moving my hair from my cheek.

“Not yet,” I said innocently, smiling up at him.

Matt chuckled and pressed his lips softly against mine, cupping my face with his hands. No sooner had our lips connected, he pulled away, pecking my nose after.

“What the fuck was that?” I frowned.

The entire table laughed, but I didn’t. I’m serious! Why is he kissing me like we’re some sort of old married couple? We’ve only been dating for a month!

“Your mushy shit isn’t going to work with this one, Shads,” Johnny taunted.

“Shut up, short shit,” Matt growled, glaring at the guy across the table.

Everyone burst into laughter again, but Matt just looked down at me with a pout on his lips. Great, here we go.

“Are you for real?” he asked softly, barely any louder than the music pounding around us.

“Fuck yes I am. What the fuck was that kiss, Matt?” I said firmly.

“I was trying to be sweet! I thought you’d like it!” Matt defended.

“I’m not that kind of girl. Surely you should’ve noticed that by now,” I said through gritted teeth.

“I’ve noticed that you’ve got a temper that rivals your sister’s,” Matt retorted.

Matt said this kinda loudly, so naturally Jimmy, Leana, Johnny, Brian and Zacky heard. I’m not sure where my sister is.

“Don’t start, Shads. It’s my birthday,” Brian pleaded.

“Nothing will start, don’t you worry,” I said with a fake smile, climbing over Jimmy and Leana to get out of the booth.

“Where are you going?” Matt demanded.

“To find Trinity. I need something a little stronger than that cocktail,” I sneered.

The guys all cat-called and laughed at Matt as I walked away, but I didn’t look back. Calm down, Peyton, calm down. It’ll do me no good to show Matt my nasty side, that’s for sure. I walked over to Trinity at the bar, and she took one look at the scowl on my face before motioning over the bartender.

“Two of what I just had. Don’t ease up on the tequila this time,” Trinity said with a wink.

The man blushed and nodded, leaving Trinity to look at me.

“Spill,” was all she said.

“Matt kissed me in a really stupidly sappy soft peck, and then defends it by saying he’d thought I’d like him to be sweet, and finished off by insulting me!” I rambled, running a hand through my straight hair.

“He’s got balls, I’ll give him that,” Trinity smirked, handing over money for our drinks.

“This isn’t funny,” I muttered.

“No, it’s fucking hilarious. I love your temper,” Trinity grinned, wriggling her eyebrows.

“Eh, fuck you. Why are you over here anyway?” I countered.

“The only spare seat is next to Baker – I’m not sitting next to him,” Trinity shrugged.

“Avoiding him will not help a thing,” I warned.

“I’d rather have a cactus shoved up my ass repeatedly than have an in-depth conversation with Zacky,” Trinity grumbled.

I just winced. Ouch. I can’t really beat that, can I? In silence Trinity slid my drink over to me, and lifted her own.

“To avoiding men who piss us off,” Trinity toasted, lifting her glass.

“Aye,” I chuckled, lifting mine.

I took a sip of the cocktail and almost spat it back out again. What the fuck is in this?! I looked at Trinity with a mixture of horror and pride to see that she’d nearly finished hers.

“This tastes like fucking paintstripper!” I protested.

“I know, I’ve had three. Can’t even feel my lips! Now, I’m gonna go find me some man meat,” Trinity said happily.

“I’ll send Zacky over then,” I teased.

“Have fun talking to the wet blanket,” Trinity shot back, waving to Matt.

I scowled at her, but headed back to the booth. I indicated with my head for Zacky to go over to my sister, and he smirked at me, obviously thinking of our ‘plan’. Good, Trinity needs to get her act together. Jimmy and Leana moved so that I could get back to my original seat, and I sighed, but did so.

“I didn’t think you’d be coming back so soon,” Matt murmured in my ear.

“Neither did I,” I shrugged, taking a sip of my deadly cocktail.

“I’m sorry,” Matt whispered, kissing just below my ear.

“I know,” I smiled.

Matt chuckled, shaking his head in amusement, before returning to talking to Brian. My eyes wandered over to Zacky and Trinity, who were casually making out in the shadows by the bar, and I smiled. She is so goddamn blind, it’s unbelievable. Hah.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peyton for Brian’s birthday
Trinity for Brian’s birthday

Just a bit of tension between Peyton and Matt.
Do you think he's okay to act like they've been together for a long time?
Or is Peyton just overreacting?

Anyone a fan of Forever The Sickest Kids? Well if you are, please check out my new co-write with the epic Christian Lo, aka Becky. Our story, Holding Onto A Fairytale focuses on Kyle Burns and Jonathan Cook (not a slash), and we’re so stoked to write this! The first two chapters are already up, so please take a read. We’ve got big plans for this story.

Comments please!
xo