Status: Complete.

You Spurn My Natural Emotions

Wrong.

[Peyton]

Something’s wrong with Trinity. Something very wrong. I don’t know what’s flipped in her mind but she’s been acting real strange over the past few weeks, ever since mine and Matt’s party. Zacky said she took off after snapping at him, and I just assumed she was in one of her bad moods and wanted some space – but apparently I was wrong. I should’ve gone after her that night but I can’t change that now. But I wish I could. She’s colder than ever before, and especially with me. What the fuck did I do wrong?! The only person Trinity talks to normally is Johnny, everyone else (again, including me) gets short harsh answers. It hurts, y’know? Matt reckons I should just corner my sister and force it out of her, but he doesn’t know Trinity like I do. Trying to force something out of my sister doesn’t work – she has to admit it willingly or it won’t be the full truth, if any truth at all. I just wish I knew what to do.

Zacky and I decided to meet up just the two of us today to try to figure out what’s going on. I know it’s linked with him, it’s got to be. I knew no other guy could get to Trinity like Zacky. So I’m going round Zacky and Jimmy’s house, seeing as Trinity’s at work and I’m not, and that Jimmy and Leana are out for the day.

“I thought you weren’t going to show up,” Zacky chuckled, opening the door for me.

“And miss a session bitching about my bipolar sister? Never!” I grinned.

Zacky shut the door behind me, and the two of us walked out in silence out to the back yard. Being August and all really does make the weather beautiful. Zacky handed me a cold beer as we sat down making me laugh but raise it in thanks. After a long gulp, I turned my head to face him.

“So, Trinity...” I started, trailing off awkwardly.

“Any idea what’s wrong with her?” Zacky sighed.

“She could’ve finally cracked and gone mad. People have been saying we would for many years now,” I shrugged.

“But you haven’t cracked...you’re a perfectly normal person with a perfectly normal boyfriend and a perfectly normal lifestyle...there’s nothing wrong with that,” Zacky frowned.

Then it clicked. How could I be so stupid?!

“What?” Zacky asked, confused at my look of horror.

“Trinity thinks I’m replacing her. She thinks that because I’ve got this new ‘normal’ lifestyle and that I’m with Matt, that I don’t need or want her any more. Fuck, how could I be so fucking blind?!” I cursed, scowling.

“Woah, what? She really believes that?” Zacky gasped, his eyes wide.

“I know my sister. I know she thinks I don’t, but god-fucking-damnit I’ve been her life support for the past 23 years like she’s been mine. She’s trying to cut me out like I’m ‘cutting her out’. Fuck, I bet she thinks that I’m going to choose Matt over her some day too!” I exasperated, clenching my fists.

“Well, wouldn’t you?” Zacky frowned.

I tossed him a glare, before rolling my eyes. Men.

“No fucking way. Trinity is my sister. We’ve been there for each other when we had no-one else. And I mean no-one else. Trinity comes first before everything,” I said firmly.

“So surely if you just confront Trinity and talk to her about all this now you’ve figured it out, then she’ll return to her normal bitchy but loveable self?” Zacky suggested hopefully.

“You are so fucking lovesick it’s untrue. What’s the first thing to know about my sister?” I asked simply.

“That she throws a mean left hook?” Zacky winced.

“Exactly. Trinity would rather fight until she’s unconscious than admit anything that makes her look insecure than weak. I’m going to have to wait for the opportune moment to strike. When she’s at a very very low point,” I sighed, running my fingers through my hair.

“That’s really cruel,” Zacky pouted.

“Grow a pair, Z. Seriously,” I scowled.

“So I love your sister?! What’s wrong with that?” Zacky scoffed.

“You chose the wrong person to love because at this rate she’s never going to love you back,” I said angrily.

Zacky’s expression suddenly crumpled, making me sigh. This guy really is too emotional. I took a swig of my beer before smiling weakly at him.

“How’s our plan going?” I asked softly.

“I’ve barely seen your sister, let alone been able to tease her,” Zacky mumbled.

“You still set on doing that then?” I mused.

“It’s the only thing that seems to be working on getting her to crack,” Zacky shrugged.

“Let’s just hope she doesn’t crack in a bad way,” I pointed out.

“Mm that wouldn’t be pretty,” Zacky chuckled, taking a swig of his beer.

“Well, it’s either that or she finds someone else to fuck,” I said innocently.

Zacky choked slightly on his beverage making me chuckle.

“Who else?” Zacky asked, rasping.

“Well let’s think who she hangs around with...she’s either at work, so that’s our hot older bartender Trey, or Johnny,” I smirked.

“Short shit? She’s fucking short shit?!” Zacky fumed.

“Woah there bucko, I doubt it. I’m 99% sure that Trinity only sees Johnny as a brother like I do. Besides, Trey is way more her type. Trust me,” I reassured, although I couldn’t resist a giggle.

“You’d better be right, because if I find out that it’s Johnny, I’m going to break that fucker’s neck with my bare hands,” Zacky growled.

“Alright, calm down Mr Obsessive! You know Trinity likes having sex with you, so don’t give up. You’ll get her,” I smiled.

Zacky just grunted, taking a long gulp of his beer, just making me laugh. When he swallowed, he opened his mouth to say something, when we heard shouts of ‘hello’ and ‘Vengeance!’. Sure enough, Matt, Brian and Johnny came through the back door, Matt carrying a crate of beer. Zacky tensed slightly upon seeing Johnny, making me giggle and punch him in the arm as I stood up to greet Matt.

“Baby, I didn’t know you were here,” Matt frowned, pecking my lips in a kiss.

“Just chilling with Zacky. Unless you want me to leave?” I challenged, raising an eyebrow.

“Hell no,” Brian hollered from behind Matt.

Matt chuckled and pressed a deeper kiss to my lips, one that was soft and tender and made me clutch onto his t-shirt to stop myself falling over. Zacky, Johnny and Brian catcalled and cheered, making me break away with a laugh.

“Trinity at work?” Matt asked, taking a seat and a beer.

“Yeah, I don’t know when she gets off though,” I nodded.

“3am. I’m picking her up,” Johnny announced, not looking at Zacky.

A brief awkward silence. Wonderful.

“So we’re thinking a beach day and barbecue is due soon – what do you think?” Matt smiled down at me.

“Sounds great! When?” I smiled back, grateful for the change of subject.

I don’t know how long I can keep pretending that everything’s fine with Trinity when it’s creating such horrible divides within our group. I just hope that I can find the perfect moment and soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Peyton's not as oblivious as Trinity thinks...
They're confrontation will be interesting, don't you think?
Bless Zacky and his overload of emotions ^_^

Comments please! There are 66 of you subscribing, and only 56 comments...help me out by telling me what you think?

xo