Status: Complete.

You Spurn My Natural Emotions

Beach.

[Peyton]

It’s the end of August now, and Trinity’s getting on my last nerve. She’s colder than ever and taking me to the end of my limit. I know my temper’s pretty shitty, but I’ve really been trying this time. Trinity’s pushing it though. She didn’t come home from her shift last night at work, and because I wasn’t there I don’t know where she went. Matt, Johnny and Brian are having a barbecue and beach day today, and she’s meant to be here. But she’s not. All I can do is wait, because she’s not answering her cell phone.

“Hey, Peyton, can you help us unload the crates?” Brian called from the front of the house.

“Just because I work in a bar doesn’t mean I’m your alcohol slave, Haner!” I shouted back.

But I got off the sun lounger anyway and walked round the front of the house. Brian had a smile on his face when he realised I wasn’t being serious. In case you’re wondering, Matt and Jimmy just got back from the local store with a shit load of alcohol. I’m hoping there’s enough to last all afternoon and all night. The 6 of us continued to unload the Escalade, until I noticed a beat-up Chevrolet park a few houses down. Trey from work’s Chevrolet to be exact.

“Oh you’ve got to be shitting me,” I groaned.

“What?” Matt asked, frowning.

I didn’t need to tell him, because he noticed my sister getting out the car, as did the rest of the guys. Before she walked over to us, she leant back in the car and ‘kissed’ Trey goodbye. More like ate his face for a minute. I didn’t need to look at Zacky to know that he was hurt that she’d found someone else to fuck. What the hell is going on in her mind?!

“He’s old! Why the fuck did she fuck him?!” Jimmy gasped.

“He’s 32 and he works with us. They’ve been flirting for a while,” I sighed.

Trinity shut the car door with an innocent smile and strutted down the road to us, picking the last crate of beer out the back of Matt’s car.

“Beach day, right?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.

Zacky just nodded before walking round the back of the house, the rest of the guys following. I scowled.

“Trey? Seriously?” I hissed.

“What? I felt like it,” Trinity shrugged, starting to walk round the back of the house.

I rolled my eyes and followed her.

“One day you’re going to realise how many people you’ve hurt, and you’ll have a world of guilt crashing down on you,” I said angrily.

“Whatever, Pey. Just go and fuck Matt and forget about it,” Trinity scoffed.

I stopped in my tracks as she put the crate on the backyard table. Everyone had gone down the pathway to the beach, leaving just the two of us alone. Perfect. I’m going to do it. I’m going to confront her.

“Alright, that’s it, I’ve had enough. What the fuck is wrong with you?” I snapped.

*

[Trinity]

“Alright, that’s it, I’ve had enough. What the fuck is wrong with you?” Peyton snapped.

I just looked at her, before rolling my eyes. I don’t need this drama. I took a step towards the house, only to have Peyton grab my shoulder and spin me around. A laugh spilled from my lips as she grabbed my throat, only making her angrier. Shit, it’s far too easy to slip back into our old routine, especially with Peyton’s flying temper.

“I’ll ask you again, what the fuck is wrong?” Peyton shouted.

“You know, it’s kinda hard to talk with you restricting my throat like this,” I commented, raising an eyebrow in amusement.

“I’ll give you restriction,” Peyton spat.

Within a second she’d dropped her hold on my throat and swung her fist at me, catching me right in the jaw. My head snapped to the side and Peyton laughed, making my anger snap. Bitch has this coming. I launched my body at her, knocking her to the ground and pinning her arms to her side with my thighs so she couldn’t move.

“You want to know what’s wrong?” I asked fake-sweetly.

“Yeah, although I think I know why you’re acting like I’m not your sister,” Peyton retorted, struggling beneath me.

I punched her in the face to stop her struggling. It didn’t work.

“If you’re so smart, oh dearest sister, why don’t you tell me?” I said angrily, clenching my fists again.

“You think because I’m in a normal relationship with Matt and have totally normal life that I’m going to end up choosing Matt over you, and therefore am replacing your use in my life,” Peyton said softly.

What the fuck?! How the fuck did she know that? Peyton’s smirk only made me angrier, so with blind rage I repeatedly punched her in the face with both fists, not caring that her blood was covering my knuckles. I was too busy letting out my anger to notice her wriggle one of her legs out my grip, and she kicked me hard in the chest, sending my sprawling backwards.

“How could you think I’d ever replace you? You’re my sister!” Peyton said angrily, tears mixing with the blood on her face.

“Don’t you dare say I’m your sister. All you’ve done since we got here is fawn over Matt – you don’t give a shit about me! I’m losing my mind, Peyton, and all you can think about is your next lay with Sergeant Steroids! You’ve changed and I hate it!” I yelled.

“I’ve been with Matt because I love him! Just because you left Mikey behind doesn’t mean I can’t have a functioning relationship!” Peyton screamed back at me.

Oh she’s crossed a line by mentioning Mikey. I flew at her again, but this time Peyton was ready for me. She blocked three punched before landing one of her own at my stomach, momentarily winding me. Damn it, she knows how I fight. Then again, I know how she fights too. I dodged her kick, ducking her punch, and grabbed her fist, pinning it up behind her back. She cried out in pain, only making me smile.

“I’m leaving, Peyton. I’m done,” I whispered in her ear.

I should’ve known she’d headbutt me. I stumbled backwards, clutching my bloody nose and glaring at her.

“You’re not going anywhere,” Peyton said angrily.

“You don’t give a shit about me any more, so why would I stick around, huh?” I shouted, throwing my hands up in the air.

“Because we’re the Hayes sisters and we’re here for each other through thick and thin!” Peyton shouted back.

I ignored the sound of running footsteps as my eyes filled with angry tears.

“Then why aren’t you here for me now? I’m losing my fucking mind, P. I’m cracking just like everyone said we always would. And you haven’t noticed. I don’t even know you anymore,” I said through gritted teeth.

Peyton just stood there as I swung my fist back, but looked as surprised as I was when Matt grabbed my fist.

“What the fuck is going on?” Matt exasperated, taking in both our bloody noses and Peyton’s busted lips.

I sharply drew my knee up between his legs, making him cry out and drop to his knees.

“Nothing that concerns you, douche,” I spat, pushing him.

Matt just groaned with his hands over his crotch as he curled into a ball on the floor. It was then that I noticed Brian, Johnny, Jimmy and Zacky were standing behind Matt.

“Hey, he did nothing to deserve that,” Peyton said angrily, walking towards me with her fists clenched.

I raised an eyebrow as Zacky stepped in front of me. What the fuck is he doing?

“Peyton, calm down,” Zacky urged.

I snorted when Peyton punched him in the stomach, making him double over and wheeze.

“Guys come on, stop!” Jimmy begged.

“We wondered what was taking so long,” Johnny said awkwardly.

“If I’m being honest, it’s kinda hot,” Brian shrugged.

Matt, Zacky, Johnny and Jimmy all turned their heads to look at him, but he just held his hands up in surrender. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to my sister. Within seconds we were a blur of punches, kicks and elbows. I couldn’t stop. I needed to do this, to get all my fury out. It seemed Peyton felt the same way. All I know is that I’m going to be sure as hell bruised tomorrow. Peyton’s just lucky that there’s nothing I can smash over her head.

This is definitely our worst fight to date.

I don’t know how long we were brawling for when Peyton slammed her knee into my stomach so hard that I had to pause to recover. She wrapped her arm round my neck in a choke hold, constricting my air flow so much that I was gasping for breath, when I realised how much I’ve missed this. How much I’ve missed just being with my sister, like we did when we were growing up, like in our wrestling matches. As warped and twisted as this is, I miss it. As I got dots in front of my eyes, I guess I must’ve looked like I was going to pass out, because Zacky shifted uncomfortably. Oh, looks like him and Matt can stand now.

“Peyton, she’s going to pass out. Let go!” Zacky pleaded. Peyton just scoffed.

“She’s never passed out before from my headlocks,” Peyton grunted in return.

Seems like she remembers our wrestling matches too. Good. With my last amounts of energy, I thrust my elbow back into Peyton’s ovaries, making her crumple to the floor in agony. Naturally, I crumpled too. No-one said a word as the two of us panted, struggling to regain our composure. When I was suitably recovered, I grinned. That was fun. I looked over at my sister to see her grinning too, before wiping the blood from my nose with the back of my hand.

“Well I’m done,” I said simply, jumping to my feet.

“Eh, me too,” Peyton agreed, standing up too.

“W-What?” Brian asked, apparently confused.

What’s there to be confused about? We fought, we’re over it. Move on.

“You two were just pummelling each other...and now neither of you care? Just like that?” Matt frowned.

Peyton and I looked at each other, before shrugging.

“Sure, we were yelling,”
“And fighting,”
“But the anger’s out, man,”
“We’re done,”

The five guys looked at each other in bewilderment, before looking back at us.

“I don’t think I’m ever going to understand you two,” Jimmy sighed.

“You’re not the first and you won’t be the last,” Peyton smirked.

“Damn straight. Pey, I fancy a Jack on the rocks,” I announced with a smile.

“Me too bitch,” Peyton grinned back.

“So that’s it? All the shit that you two have gone through and you’re just going to forget about it like that?” Zacky exasperated, still not getting it.

“Don’t you get it? They don’t care. They’ve let it out. That’s what’s so great about this – Trinity and Peyton can block off emotions easily,” Johnny explained, rolling his eyes.

“Well put Seward. Like J said, we’re over it. Do you really want to stand between us and Jack Daniels?” Peyton asked sweetly, although I’m pretty sure her eyes glinted with warning like mine did.

Brian, Matt, Jimmy and Zacky shook their heads and parted, allowing us room to go into the house. I fought to hold my snicker as Peyton linked arms with me and walked with me into the kitchen. It’s times like this that I’m glad we’re the Hayes sisters – deep down underneath all our bullshit, we’re still there for each other no matter what. Well, especially if our good ol’ buddy Jack Daniels is involved. I mean, I think our shit is resolved? Maybe?
♠ ♠ ♠
Peyton and Trinity beach day

Well they are the Hayes sisters after all!
But will their peace hold on for long?
To mark the half-way point in this story, the next chapter is a sad one.

1 comment on the last chapter? Seriously? Come on guys, I know you can do better than that!
xo