Status: Complete.

You Spurn My Natural Emotions

Mature.

[Peyton]

A few days had passed since The Bensons funeral and since Alexis came to live with us. We set her up in the guest bedroom downstairs and have given her a few days to settle in, but to be honest I think she’s just a quiet person in nature. Which could be a problem. Both Trinity and I are hoping she’ll slowly grow to have a bit more personality, but she turns 18 in two weeks so we’ll just have to wait till then to see if she’ll actually stay. Today’s Trinity’s 24th birthday, so I’ve snuck downstairs to get Alexis to help me wake her up.

“Alexis?” I called softly.

“Mm?” she mumbled, pushing her dark hair out of her eyes.

“Want to help me give Trinity a special birthday wake-up?” I grinned.

Alexis giggled and nodded, following me out of her room. We walked into the kitchen, each grabbing various items, before walking upstairs.

“What have you got?” I whispered.

“Silly string and mountain dew,” she yawned, “you?”

Silly string? In the kitchen? Okay...

“Whipped cream and pistachio nuts. She’ll hate us!” I laughed softly.

I nudged open the door, giggling at the sight of Trinity fast asleep.

“3...2...1...”

We unleashed hell. Trinity shrieked and writhed as we covered her in the various substances, and we only stopped when we laughing too hard to stand up.

“What the fuck?!” Trinity growled, flicking pistachio nuts off her arms.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” we screamed, before laughing harder.

“I hate you,” Trinity grumbled, climbing out of bed.

“Shower quick, because we need to take Alexis to her first day at high school!” I told her.

Trinity then grinned at the look of discomfort of Alexis’ face. Well at least that cheered her up.

“Make me breakfast, bitches!” Trinity said cheerfully.

*

We were just finishing off enrolling Alexis in the guys’ old high school now, and I tell you, it’s taking a lot of restraint not to punch the perverted motherfuckers staring through the window. Were kids really that obvious when we were in school? Well...yeah, I guess. But we’re 24 and 23 now! That’s just weird! Trinity nudged me suddenly, so I turned to face her with my eyebrow raised.

“What?” I asked.

“We’re finished?” she offered, snickering.

I blushed slightly, punching her in the arm. Alexis smiled weakly at us as the secretary handed her a map and her timetable, before walking into her office.

“Well I guess this is it,” Alexis sighed.

“Knock ‘em dead, kid,” Trinity encouraged.

“If you get any hassle, then just punch the kid. It worked for us,” I grinned.

“Shouldn’t you be discouraging me from fighting?” Alexis asked, raising an eyebrow.

We stayed silent, just smirking, until she giggled softly.

“Never mind. Uh, I’ll see you later,” Alexis smiled.

“We’ll crack open the Jack when you get home – neither of us are working tonight,” Trinity said excitedly.

“I don’t think you should say that in a school...but I can’t wait,” Alexis smiled.

Well the girl has a point. Trinity and I each hugged her before leaving the room, watching as she walked down the corridor into the hellhole that would be her school for at least the next two weeks. With asad smile, I linked arms with Trinity, the two of us leaving the building.

“Why does part of me love the fact that we’ve got such a responsibility, and the other part of me hate it?” I sighed.

“Because you want to grow up but you’re not liking how it means we have to change our lifestyles?” Trinity offered, lighting up a cigarette.

“We don’t have to completely change our lifestyles though, right? I mean, we are the Hayes sisters – that comes with it’s own rights of chaos,” I pointed out.

“Very true. Might as well hold back for the next two weeks though, until the kid decides what she wants to do after she turns 18. We can’t stop her leaving if she wants to, and I don’t want to get attached until I know for sure,” Trinity shrugged, unlocking the car door.

“Fuck, does wisdom come with old age or something?” I teased, sitting in the passenger seat.

“Ask your boyfriend, he’s ancient,” Trinity retorted.

“Oooh bitch, don’t go there,” I laughed.

“I’ll go wherever the fuck I please. Now, it’s my birthday...so where are my presents, whoreface?” Trinity asked, pulling out of the parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Trinity and Peyton have realised that they're growing up...
Doesn't mean the fun will end though!
Hell no!
The next chapter is a very important one. For different reasons. In fact, it's one of the most important chapters in the entire 3-story series.

Comments really are appreciated =]
xo