Status: Complete.

You Spurn My Natural Emotions

Meeting.

[Trinity]

“So will it just be the two of you living here?” the old woman asked.

“Yes, we live alone. No men in our lives,” I snorted.

Peyton giggled as well.

“Ah, you’ve guarded your heart,” the old woman chuckled.

“For good reasons,” I smiled fake-sweetly.

If you haven’t guessed, we’re looking round properties to rent. There were no apartments near the beach that Peyton and I both liked, so we’d resorted to houses. This one was good so far, and it would cost a bit more per month than our usual, but it was perfect for us. A two story house with a pool in the back yard, a small front yard and a 2 minute walk from the beach. A living room with a large wrap-around sofa (8 seats). Two bathrooms, one on the ground floor and one on the top floor. Both mine and Peyton’s bedrooms were on the top floor and there was a guest bedroom on the bottom floor. There was also a kitchen/dining next to the living room. Nothing was huge, it wasn’t a massive property, but it was perfect for us.

“So what’s your decision?” the woman asked.

Peyton and I looked at each other and smiled.

“We’ll rent it,” Peyton nodded.

“Alright! I’ll have my husband draw up the paperwork and we’ll have a glass of lemonade while we wait. I made the lemonade myself, y’know,” the woman said warmly.

Peyton and I chuckled and followed the woman into what would soon be our kitchen. She and her husband were both in their 70s and didn’t really use their beach house much any more, so they’d decided to start renting it out. And it just so happened that Peyton and I were the first people interested.

“What interested you in coming to Huntington Beach?” the woman asked.

“We were just driving down the PCH from Arizona, and we had an engine failure. So we decided to stop in the first place we came to. Huntington Beach was the first place. Something else drew me here though. I just felt a pull,” I shrugged.

“I think my sister just missed being near the ocean,” Peyton laughed.

“Ah, never underestimate the pull of Huntington Beach. It’s a marvellous place,” the woman beamed.

“This is going to sound a strange question, but do you know if there’s any bar work going?” I asked hopefully.

“Well, there’s nothing in Johnny’s. My husband and I meet up with old friends there sometimes – it’s the most popular bar in town. But there are a few other bars on Main Street. You should check them out,” the woman suggested.

Then Main Street is where we’ll go!

*

“Okay, Main Street. First bar...Lucky Pete’s,” Peyton read.

I looked at the bar and smiled. It looks like a good old-fashioned beer drinker’s bar. I like it already. I just hope they’re hiring! Peyton and I walked into the bar, and noticed a man approximately in his mid-30s standing behind the bar. He has short black spiked hair and a small goatee. Okay, he looks pretty cool, so far so good.

“Erm, hey,” Peyton said with a nervous smile.

The man looked up and jumped slightly, startled. He chuckled and beckoned us forward.

“How can I help you ladies?” the man asked.

“We’re new in town and were wondering if you had any jobs available. Two jobs,” I explained.

“How old are you two?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I’m 23 and my sister’s 22,” I replied simply.

“And how much experience have you had in bars?” the man asked again.

“We’ve been working in bars since we were 18,” Peyton shrugged.

“Well ladies, I’m Pete, the owner of this fine establishment and that was your interview. Welcome to Lucky Pete’s,” the man grinned.

“Are you for real?” Peyton giggled.

“As real as it gets. My wife Annie is pregnant with our second kid and we desperately need people to replace her. She’s an incredible worker and is the equivalent of about 3 workers, but come back tomorrow night and you’ll have a trial shift,” Pete nodded.

“This is a little bit unreal, but awesome, thanks!” I said excitedly.

“True, but like I said – we’re desperate. I might need to know your names though,” Pete mused.

“Trinity Hayes,”
“Peyton Hayes,”

“Well, Hayes sisters, welcome to Lucky Pete’s. We’re a mixed bunch and I run this place pretty old-fashioned, but we run second-best to Johnny’s. So that’s damn good in Huntington Beach,” Pete said proudly.

“We look forward to starting here,” I said genuinely.

Then the front door opened, and a short man walked in, with blonde and black hair and a pair of aviators, as well as covered in tattoos. And by short, I mean 4 inches taller than our 5ft selves.

“Hey Pete!” the man called cheerfully.

“How’s it going Seward?” Pete said warmly.

“Great thanks, man. Just dropping by to check if we can reserve our normal booth for tomorrow night?” ‘Seward’ asked.

“Sure thing. You and the guys will get to meet our new girls,” Pete grinned.

‘Seward’ turned his head, his eyes widening in surprise when he saw us standing a little way down the bar.

“I’m so sorry for being a dick and not noticing you. I’m Johnny,” ‘Seward’ apologised.

“No problem. I’m Trinity and this is my sister Peyton,” I introduced.

“Nice to meet you. I’d better get going. Got shit to do,” Johnny chuckled.

“Lacey still on your ass?” Pete taunted.

“Don’t I know it. Later girls,” Johnny smiled.

Johnny left the bar, waving one last time. There was no denying that man was attractive, but there was also something that made it weird to find him attractive. Another one of my wonderful weird feelings.

“Seward and his friends hang in here a lot when they’re in town and not in Johnny’s. I think you’ll get on with them,” Pete explained.

“We don’t get on with men. We sleep with them,” I smirked.

Pete looked shocked for a second, before he laughed.

“Oh you girls will fit into Huntington Beach,” Pete smiled.

“We certainly hope so,” Peyton said happily.

*

“Johnny’s back!”

“Finally! What took you so long, short shit?” Matt hollered.

Johnny walked out onto the back deck of the house he shared with Matt and their friend Brian, and grinned.

“Before I had lunch with Lacey, I went into Lucky Pete’s and reserved our normal booth for tomorrow. He’s got two new chicks working for him and he introduced us,” Johnny explained.

“I heard chicks. Where, when and were they hot?” Brian grinned, walking out of the house.

“Typical, Gates,” Matt snorted.

Brian just shrugged.

“They’re called Trinity and Peyton, and yeah, they’re really hot,” Johnny chuckled.

“Sweet! Tell me you got their numbers?” Brian grinned.

“Uh, why would I? I have Lacey,” Johnny asked, confused.

“Dude, me, Gates and Z are all single!” Matt protested.

“Oh, my bad. It’s not like Zacky would go after them anyway,” Johnny pointed out.

“True. But you said they’re now working at Lucky Pete’s right? So they’ll be there when we go there?” Brian asked hopefully.

“Yeah, it’s their first shift tomorrow,” Johnny nodded.

“At least you’re good for something,” Matt grinned.

“So you’re not going to want the 40s I got on my way here?” Johnny mused.

“Gates, get short shit a chair!” Matt boomed.

The three of them laughed, relaxing in the sun. If only they knew what tomorrow would get them into.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hayes house, Hayes backyard.
Peyton’s bedroom, Trinity’s bedroom.
Peter and Annie, bar owners.

So some of the guys are in it! They are all in the next update, I promise =]
And the next update is where all the fun starts ;)

As you can tell by the status, I'm going away for just over a week on Thursday - so leave me some lovely comments to get back to please!
xo