Your Tongue Taste of Cyanide - It Taste Like a Summerfling

Part 4

Of course my mother had decided that the next day we would go and visit my uncle. And of course they had decided that we would stay there for four days. Of course.

I hadn’t even got the time to find Whip and tell him that I would be gone for a while since mum had drug me out to the waiting taxi. And I really meant drug, I had completely refused to follow and she had pulled me by the arm until she had finally given up. Instead she decided to threaten me with smashing my two guitars and break all of my mirrors.

What? I like my look, mirrors are a damn need. Is that so wrong?

After that I had followed her into the car then, like the sweet son I am.

I guess it wouldn’t be so bad, my uncle is pretty cool for being a brother to my mum. He listened to cool music and before he moved to Thailand he always had new CD’s to give me when I came home to him. He is, or was, more like a older brother to me then a uncle.

Maybe that was the reason why I was the first one to being dragged into a huge hug and a shout of “Kid! You surrendered!”

“Old!” I shouted back with a laugh and hugged him back, as long as he called me Kid I would call him Old. “She threatened to break my guitars and mirrors!”

“But Jenny,” my uncle shook his head while hugging my mother. “Take away the most important things in your boys life? How cruel.”

“Oh quiet John.” Mum sighed and hit my uncle playfully on his arm. “After his attitude he definitely would have deserved it.”

My attitude? What fucking attitude? I have no attitude...

I rolled my eyes and pulled my bag higher over my shoulder, at least I knew that someone in this family was on my side.

---

“Want to tell me why she had to force you to come and see me?”

I looked up at my uncle, I had actually half expected him to come out to me and talk to me in privacy when everybody had went to sleep.

“I had to find someone first to say that I would be gone for a while.” I answered while John sat down on the ground next to me.

“A future boyfriend?”

“No.” I shook my head. “A friend, but maybe a bit more. Like-”

“Quiet.” John laughed. “I don’t want the F-buddy word to come out of my nephew’s mouth.”

“Fuck buddy?” I teased and dodged his hand.

“You’ll never change.” He grinned.

“A good thing I hope.”

He laughed again and pulled me into a sideway hug. “Couldn’t have been better. There ain’t nothing changing my Eric!”

I also laughed, and pushed him away when he ruffled up my hair. “Hey! Keep your distance.” I pouted and playfully patted my own head. “My hair is precious.”

John rolled his eyes and pushed me to the side. “If the world peace was as close to us as your ego is big, then we would be some lucky men.”

“And woman.”

We both looked back and saw my mother standing in the doorway with a smile. Her brown hair was put up in a loose pony tail and she was wearing one of dad’s old Pj’s.

“Hey Jenny...” John smiled sweetly. “Just catching up on some bonding time with my favorite nephew.”

Only nephew, you mean.” Mum shook his head and I pouted, I could still be his favorite even if I was the only one too. “Get in with you now, you can talk more tomorrow.”

“But-”

“John. My son needs sleep.” Mum chuckled lightly. “It’s late, get in.”

John and I exchanged meaningful looks before standing up with rolls of our eyes, the best thing was to just do as my mum said so the rest of the evening would be as calm as it is now.

I stopped next to my mum to hug her goodnight while John walked inside, she sighed quietly, which made me worried.

“What is it mum?” I asked.

“Are you feeling okay?” She laid her hand on my face and softly rubbed my cheek bone with her thumb. Weird, technically, it felt like I should ask that question.

“Yeah,” I nodded anyway. “I’m fine.”

“Good. Now go get some sleep.”

“Okay,” I smiled and kissed her cheek. “’Night mum.”

“Good night Eric.”

I was half way into the house when she spoke again.

“Eric?”

“Yes mum?” I turned around to look at her, feeling worry being built up inside me for no reason at all.

“It wasn’t all that bad, this trip I mean?”

Just then I realized that mum was afraid that I didn’t like being here at all and would blame her for everything that may have went wrong at home, and here.

I thought back to meeting Whip, what we had done and how he made me feel, and that I finally got to see my uncle again. With a wide smile I looked at her, watching how her worry seemed to just drip away from her.

“No mum. It all worked out.”

And hopefully it would get even better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Seriously, thank Sara for being a kickass beta and fix this during one night (or probably day, for her :p)

I need to get a better memory. definately -.-'