Status: Somewhat active! :)

Not That Far From A Star

Simplest Things (Damion's pov)

I sit here, watching the glorious face I fell so deeply in love with. How could it be? I'm not so sure myself. Since I escaped from the bloody place named Hell, never did I think I would see her face again. Lea Saint, she looks just as my Elissia did when I was her Guardian Angel. It seems impossible, maybe a reincarnation of my Elissia, I'm not sure. I haven't quite developed an exact solution to that problem out of the past 6 months I've known Lea.

It drives me crazy when I talk to her though because I think of Eli, but I automatically know it's Lea after I hear the her voice. It's very similar to Elissia's but not as beautiful of course. It's sad to say that I have indeed fallen in love with this creature of my once beloved, but I simply couldn't help myself.

I was after her at first to simply just get to that bastard Andy, to make him pay. I see the way they look at each other. It's the same look he use to give Amilia when they were in love. The same look I gave Elissia. This has turned into something it wasn't suppose to but I can't stop it. I'm to far into it now to retreat and I'm not personally the type to leave an unfinished battle, especially one as good of a chance as this one.

I will seek revenge on Andy Lipshaw even if it must hurt myself in return. To lose someone you love, twice, you would think I'm crazy to have to go through it again which is probably true, but it's something that has to be done. It has to be done if I plan to ever get over these damned memories that God placed against Andy and I so many years ago.

I look up to see Lea walking over ot me for our lunch date, or as she tells Andy, a simple get together. I notice she has her hair halfway up with her natural curls escaping everywhere and her bangs shielding her forehead giving her eyes a sexy darkness. I glance about her, noticing every detail, even her pendant that reminds me of Elissia's. It's like I'm looking at the real Elissia as of this moment.

Those dreamy eyes, that sun-kissed soft skin, those full pink lips, her naturally brown curly hair, those features; it's scary how similir they are. "Damion. Damion! Woo,hoo!" I blink a few times before realizing that Lea had already approached me. She was giving me a curious look that was obviously cute. "Way to be a creeper Damion." She mubbles under her breath and cracks a small smile which automatically makes me chuckle.

I shook my head and stood up abruptly. "Oh, sorry Lea. Something just caught my eye. Must have spaced off or something." I answer casually. I pull out her chair showing the gentlemen side of me and she sits down softly. I place my hands on both of her bare shoulders gently and lean down next to her ear as I can sense her blush. I smile as I inch closer, feeling her brunett locks rubbing agaisnt my cheek, her smell intoxicating me as usual.

"You look beautiful tonight, Lea." I say, trying to seduce her with my charm as much as possible but I know she's going to be hard one to capture if she's anything like Elissia. She giggles as I sit down beside her.

"You don't look to bad yourself tonight." She answers with a smirk and a wink from her graceful lashes. I shiver unnoticable to her at her moves and I continue to listen to her harmonic voice. "Dressing up all for me? Never would have thought I'd see the day when Damion Sunders would dress up for any girl." I smile at her sarcasm, only she knows how to win this mile out of me with a simple word and I don't know why.

It's like Elissia's in Lea somewhere. The only person being able to pull my heart out of my chest even when I'm not willing to give it up. "We'll, I can't walk around laid back all day can I? Have to show off a little every once in a while. Show the girls what there missing." She giggled softly to me joining in on her game as always.

After we order, I notice she keeps staring at me. I can't help but to tease her about it. "Do you have something to say or are you just admiring how good I look tnoight?" She blushes uncontrollably at first but then drops all fun and get's serious. I hate this part. It's always the same thing, always. I sigh. "What is it Lea?"

"Damion, you and Andy? Your Andy's old friend he tells me about all the time, arn't you? You told me you we're doomed to Hell and escaped but that's it. When I bring up either of you to one another, you both get skeptical, like your scared of something." She states with curiousity.

Dammit. Of course, she would figure it out would she in a matter of minutes to think. I glare at her for a moment while she's staring back into my eyes. She just sits there and glares back waiting for an answer I'm presuming she already knows she won't get. She throws money down on the table as I get up and walk out of the place.

I can't do this. I can't do this. Not if she knows! I walk even faster away hoping she won't catch up with me. She's tricking me to fall in love with her, right? She's just using me so I won't hurt Andy. As I find myself in an ally way not even knowing or caring where the hell I am, I lean back and head against the all way wall.

This cannot be happening. Have I really been cut so short as to not even be able to simply trick a worthless human girl to fall in love with me and help me take revenge. This is so stupid. Why did she have to look like Elissia? Why!? This would be so much easier. I am falling in love with the girl and I can't do anything about it. I sigh in aggrivation and pound my fist against the wall behind me. "Dammit." I curse loudly as the shock of pain soars through my hand quickly then evaporates quickly from my body.

I see a shadow move close to me at the corner of my eye. I jump a little curious of what it is but it's just my shadow. I calm myself as I turn around to walk away and end up being scared for the first time since I've been back to Earth. I turn around and see Lea, staring at me with tear-stained cheeks. I sigh at the thought of making her cry. I walk closer to her about to reach for her and pull her close but she just shakes her head and moves backward. "Don't touch me." She states annoyed.

I walk closer and she backs away each time. "Your scared of me now arn't you? Know that I'm truly the demon huh? The evil one that escaped from Hell? Yeah! I've seen the fucking Devil, even worked for the worthless piece of shit, doesn't mean I liked it Lea! I was put there! I was never the bad one! He is!" I point to the sky as I quiet my shouting and look at her as she looks up towards the sky where I'm pointing. I sigh again and rub my face irritated now. I lean my back against the wall.

"I should have know you would be like the rest of them. Afraid of something that isn't suppose to exist." I close my eyes wishing she would just go away. It would be so much easier that way. I wouldn't have to see her anymore. I could just skip down and be done with eveyrthing.

As I think she's gone, I open my eyes and adjust to the darkness but as I do, my lips touch someone elses. I stare wide eyed at Lea who's pushing my against the all with her body. She lets go and looks at me still glaring with tears in her eyes. "Don't you ever say I'm like everyone else. I am nothing like anyone." She says plainly. I nod slowly as I stare into her now dark sad eyes and she moves her lips to my again. This time me returning the kiss as passionate as she's giving me. Our lips interlock sweetly, me slightly nibbling on her bottom lip asking for entrance which is gladly given.

The kiss continues sweetly, I can feel the emotion of the kiss entering my body with me having no power to stop it. Wait, this isn't suppose to happen. I push Lea away arms length apart from me to stop the kiss. I look at her face as her cheeks are flustered and I'm sure mine are as well. "Stop. You're supposed to be afraid of me." I say trying to calm myself down from our moment we shared. She moves close as I back into the wall as much as possible.

"Lea, no. Stop trying to be so proud and un-afraid of anything. Run away from me, now." I'm getting even more stressed out and that's not good. I don't want her to see me this way. There's only two people in the world that's seen my at my weakest and one of them no longer exist. The other is a traitor. I look up to see Lea still stepping closer. "No, Damion." She answers simply, no emotion added to the words spoken.

I glace in her eyes and shake my head in disbelief as I'm trapped for the first time in my life. I tell her to go away and she gets closer. I close my eyes as a rip of pain courses through my spine and I feel my back get heavier. I open my eyes slightly to see Lea staring at my but never moving back. "I told you to run." I say quietly, ashamed of what she thinks of me now.

She glances up at me then stares at my coal black wings that used to be the most shining white. "They're beautiful, Damion." She answers back quietly, laying a palm against my wing. I notice the way she looks at my wings, it's as if she wishes she had a pair of her own but she shouldn't. They hurt like hell and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. This I notice her staring at me, it's the same look she gives Andy. It can't be.

I pull her close to me and I kiss her lips as passionately as we shared earlier, possibly more before taking off into the sky with her in my arms.

We reach her apartment and I drop her off at the window. We drop with a soft thud and I smile as she returns it. I hug her close to my body as she holds onto me as well. "Thank you, Lea." I whisper quietly and kiss her cheek quietly before flying off to think of what I'm to do now. I've gotten in even deeper thank planned! Dammit! Nice going Damion. You're in love with a the girl you were using as bait and the bad thing is that she looks like Elissia. How sick can you be?

I shake my head as I wonder off into the night sky to think about the Simplest Things my mind would let in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yess! There will be different pov's, sorry, but that's how I wrote in class. I'm adding alot more junk in than I had for this English paper anyways. Oh well. Enjoy!!! Comment! Message! Subscribe! Or just read it, I dun care! :DD