Wouldn't It Be Nice To Wake Up With You

Nothing Seemed Much Sweeter

I got home to a very upset Patrick. I set my keys down on the dining-room table and kept walking until I got to the kitchen. He just followed me with a concerned face. I pulled out a carton of Tropicana orange juice and moved to the cabinet for a glass. He kept staring...
I was almost done with my cup of OJ when Patrick finally spoke.

"Why did you want those addresses?"

"I got a tip from Mary that I might be able to find her in Evanston," I said casually.

"Well? Did you find her? Is she okay?" his face lightened up.

I fought not to bite my lip, "No, I couldn't find her... Jen must have given Mary that info to throw us off."

His face looked pain and he held his head as if he was about to faint. She was his girlfriend for almost a whole year. They were the closest thing to a steady relationship that Patrick had since his old girlfriend... Emily; back before Fall Out Boy really made it. Jenny up and running away was really getting to him.

"Hey, do you think you'll be ready for our next tour?" I asked him softly, putting my arm around his shoulders.

He stared straight ahead, but then sighed, "Yeah, I'll be fine. I've always got the fans there for me."

"Oh, I wanted to tell you," I tried my best to sound normal, "After the 27th, I'm leaving to go to London for about week; they want me to interview and band stuff...."

"That's funny," his right eyebrow shot up in confusion, "No one said anything about an interview."

"Well... you know how they are; they love sucking me into the media. You guys said I could handle the publicity because you hate it anyways."

"I know, I really don't want to go, but we usually all get a heads up when those things are going on. Can we all go to London, just to hang out? I don't think I can stand being in Chicago or L.A. Ya know, get away from the places that make me think of her."

The hair on the back of my neck rose in fear and I felt my throat get a bit dry, "Uh yeah, to get away from her. Great idea... you should tell the rest of the guys. I gotta talk to Mike, so tell Mom I'll be out and not home for dinner."

"I'm going back to my house today to go see my parents. Why don't you just go tell Andrew to tell your parents?" he asked me as he slid his bag on his shoulder and fixed his hat.

"I'll go do that then. Call me later alright? We gotta hang out after my shift at Clandestine."

"Yeah, seeya later Pete."

I made sure he was down the block and gone before I started swearing my head off. Andrew came downstairs and looked at me, but I only shook my head, "It feels like high school shit all over again."

"Never goes away unless you want it to," he said as he walked back up the stairs.

"But it always seems to bite me in the ass," I muttered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm dragging it..... giving it some leg room I 'spose.

Comment and tell me what you think!