‹ Prequel: Animal I Have Become
Status: On the works.

Mind Games

When Leo Meets Damon

"You're not from around here," Damon spoke and I blinked for a moment before looking up at him with a confused look. "I can tell. You're sort of pale."

"What's wrong with being pale?" I got defensive with a glare.

He quickly raised both his hands with a smirk, took a step back and gestured towards me.

"Don't get me wrong," he faked a pout. "You're paler than those Londeners here. So I'm guessing you're not from here."

"I was from America," I admitted and stared at my feet.

People in the hallway got lesser and lesser, everyone rushing for class. Down by the hallway, I could spot Leo's spiked-blonde hair as he waved for me to come over. Leo ran over and caught up with me.

"I've been looking everywhere for you! Where have you been?" Leo breathed heavily before letting out a grin.

I was about to say something but Damon stepped in between us causing Leo to take a step back with wide eyes. Even his smile had disappeared without a trace.

"I'm afraid that's my cue," Damon blocked my view and I stepped aside. "Nessie was late because she was walking me to class."

Leo's mouth opened and closed, words unable to escape his lips. He looked at me and then to Damon before looking back at me again.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself," Damon straightened up and extended his arms out towards Leo. "I'm Damon."

I watched as Leo quickly slipped his hands into his front pockets and stared at Damon's hand as though it was going to chew his hands off.

Leo smiled awkwardly but made no effort to shake hands. Damon pulled his hands away and I watched as both man stared at each other - Damon's arrogant smirk showing hints of amusement while Leo's face still had a look of surprise.

"I," Leo took steps backwards and looked over at me. "I've got to go."

Without any other words, he turned and ran off like there was no tomorrow.

"Boyfriend?" Damon pointed to Leo's running form and I shook my head.

"Friend," I lied.

"He seems..." Damon paused to find the right word. "Nice."

I scoffed in disbelief causing his half-smirk to grow wider.

"I apologize for his rudeness," I mumbled and he waved me off.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure he has something important he needs to do now anyway."

Somehow I felt another shiver run down my spine because deep down, his words seem to hold some hidden truth behind it.
♠ ♠ ♠
A very special thanks to my girl, Mandie for her wonderful banner-making skills! Ily girl! :D

Nikki, Desiree, Deidre thank you guys for commenting!

On another note, yes, I changed the title a little but the plot remains the same. (:

Comment?