Status: New!

My Hero

Sixteen;

Joseph

Isabella's words rang over and over in my head as I stormed through her house to the room we had shared.

"I'm breaking up with you. I don't want you in my life, in Jake's life."

Her voice stung like salt on an open wound. The thought made my heart ache, and as I hurried to pack my stuff, the pain only increased.

I don't understand where this was all coming from. Did she not see that I loved her with all I had? Was she too blind to see that she was my world? That I would give up everything for her? Why couldn't she see that I didn't deserve her, she was far too great for me. Not the other way around.

As I packed my bags, quickly removing my belongs from the dressers and closet of the master bedroom, tears began to slip down my cheeks. The mix of emotions I was facing was too much. I was angry, hurt, betrayed, confused, and so much more. I was on the verge of a break down. Bella and that baby were all I had. They were my everything.

"Damn it!" I yelled in anger, throwing my fist at the frame of the closet door.

I wiped my stray tears and finished packing my stuff. That's when I saw it. The small black box. The small black box that held the engagement ring I had gotten Isabella. It was a square emerald cut diamond ring on a platinum band of pave set diamonds. The ring was a little over five thousand dollars from Jacob & Co. (the same company that made Kev and Dani's rings), but it was perfect for Isabella. I had even had a bracelet for Jake in the works, but I guess I could cancel that order...

God, this is fucked up.

I shoved the small box into my pocket before grabbing my bags and leaving the room. Soon enough I was at my house and luckily, my roomies were with their families being that Thanksgiving is tomorrow.

Crap...our families were celebrating together.

At the thought, I broke down. My head fell to the steering wheel of my S.U.V. and I sobbed like a baby. Thank God I was in the privacy of my garage.

This was going to be hard.

***

It's been two weeks. Two weeks since Isabella left me. And everyone knew. My roommates didn't touch the subject because they knew that was like reopening a wound, but that doesn't mean my family didn't talk about it. It almost seemed as if they never stopped talking about her.

It was also very clear that I was nowhere near getting over Isabella. Everyday, when I left our housing complex, I drove past her house. I needed to make sure her and Jacob were okay, and that was the only way to do it. I've tried calling her, on more than one occasion, but she always ignored me.

But at the same time, I was trying to move on. I still cried if I thought about her or the baby too much. And I still had her ring tucked away in my night stand, at the very back, behind my notebooks that were filled with unrecorded songs. Most of which, were about her.

I'll move on soon enough, but that will be after I put up my last fight. As of now, I haven't tried hard enough to get her back. Not yet, anyway.

***

Isabella

It has been nearly two weeks since the relationship that Joseph and I shared came to a heartbreaking end, and since then, my life as fallen apart. It seems like everything that could go wrong is doing so, and I can do nothing to stop it, but thankfully, my baby is still doing well. Right now, he is my main priority.

The day after I left Joe, I was lost. I didn't know what to do with myself. I just cried, ate, and slept. My brothers, especially Mark, were ready to rip Joe's head off, but they had common sense and knew that going after him would only make things harder on me. And they knew that he did nothing wrong, I was the one who left him, therefore going after Joe would have been pointless. That night, they just hugged me and allowed me to cry.

By day three, my parents, who were planning on staying in L.A. until my baby came, were called back home. My grandmother was in the hospital after suffering from a serious stroke. To this day, she is on life support, they think she is only holding on to see her first great-grand baby. She was excited for his arrival, more so than anyone else in the family was. But she was also old and ill, slowly becoming weak and fragile with the passing days.

On day five, Katherine had to leave. She was the one keeping me sane, although I was crying every single day. Then she was called for an important shoot in Morocco! Morocco! This big for her and I wouldn't allow her to consider staying back with me.

Day seven rolled around and Daniel called. His message was short, but it got his point across. He was gone, too. At some point, he came to some revelation and decided he didn't want to be a father. He wasn't ready. And he was willing to sign over rights to Joe. Yep, he was going to let Joseph Adam Jonas have all rights to his son. Little did he know, Joe was gone too. So, now Daniel is off in Canada (literally) living his life while I'm stuck here with nothing.

Now, fourteen days later, my life is dead. Luckily, I was on maternity leave, so I didn't have to go to work like this. I was utterly emotionally disturbed and people didn't need to see that.

"Momma?" I asked into my phone followed by a sniffle as I wiped away my tears.

"Baby girl, talk to me. What's going on?"

"Everything is wrong. I don't want to bring Jakey into this, and he could be coming any day." I felt a small nudge from my unborn son and placed a hand on my belly. "Mom, I'm no ready to be a mother. Not with all the drama I'm facing."

"Have you tried talking to Joseph?" She questioned.

I let out a sigh, "I can't bring myself to do it."

"Denise and I have been talking and she told me that Joseph is miserable," my mother explained. "All I'm asking you to do is talk to him. He is a great man, sweetheart. Plus, he loves you. Just give him a chance."

"I feel like I'm using him, Mom. It's like he is doing everything for me and Jake. He's changing his schedule to spend ridiculous amounts of time with me. He's spending his money endlessly on me and the baby. He's doing so much. I feel like a gold digger."

"Izzy, you know that's not the case. He does what he does because he loves you."

Before I could reply, someone rang my doorbell. I groaned into the phone before saying, "Mom, I have to go. Someone is at the door."

"Okay, but promise me you'll talk to Joe."

"I will, I will. I love you."

She replied, "I love you, too." Then the line went dead.

I slowly but surely got off of the couch and began to make my way to the door, only to hear the bell ring for the third time.

"Shit, can you just wait!" I screamed at my guest, finally reaching the foyer. I looked through the peep-hole and my angered frown changed into a smiled of surprise.

"Hey, Nick," I greeted him as I opened the door and let him inside.

Nick pulled me into a gentle hug after entering my home, closing the door behind him. He look relieved to see me and for some odd reason, this made me concerned.

"Izzy, can we talk?" The younger boy requested.

"Yeah, sure. This must be important seeing as you rang my bell three times."

"Um, yeah, it is. It's about Joe..."

"What?" I panicked, quickly turning back around to look at Nick. "What's wrong with Joe?"

"Whoa, calm down before you like pop or something," he chuckled. "Joe's fine. I mean, emotionally he's a mess, but you don't need to have a panic attack."

I hit Nick in the chest (which probably didn't even hurt) as my heart rate slowed back to a normal pace. "I thought something was wrong with him. Don't scare me like that again."

Nick just chuckled again before we continued to the living room. We both took a seat on the couch. I began to stroke my swollen belly as Jake moved around, waiting for Nick to start.

"First, how are you?" He asked me.

"I'm good. I mean, as good as a pregnant woman could be. My due date is in two weeks," I told him with a forced smile. Who was I kidding? I'm clearly miserable.

"Really?" Nick asked with a raised eyebrow. "'Cause you look just as awful as Joe does."

"Nick-"

"Listen, I know this isn't my relationship, but it is my brother. He is head over heels in love with you. I don't know what the sudden break up was about, but all I know is that neither of you deserve what's going on now," he explained. "You know, Joe is forcing himself into work? He does work endlessly. He's distracting himself. And, even more so than anything else, he is avoiding family. That's not like Joe. All I'm asking is for you to fix whatever it is that you've done. Just- just talk to him."

"I can't make promises. I mean, he probably doesn't even want to see me."

"Isabella, Joe drives past your house everyday, just hoping to get a glimpse of you. He misses you. Just call him. Please."

"Fine, I will."

A smile made it's way to Nick's face as he pulled me into a hug once again. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Now, how are you and McKenna doing? I called her yesterday and she had to hang up on me. Why? Because you called," I smirked. "You know, she's sixteen now."

"I know. We're just good friends, though. Nothing more, nothing less."

"Mhm," I replied, not believing any of it. "If I talk to Joe, you have to talk to Kenna. You totally have feelings for her."

"I do not. Plus, I don't do the long distance thing."

"I'll work something out," I smiled.

"Sure, after you fix my brother. Call him."

"I will. I promise."

Everyone wants me to call Joe. Maybe I should just do it...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long for me to write this. I've been busy with school right around the corner. I got back next week so yeah...

Question: How many of y'all have seen the Jonas Brothers on tour this summer?

I went to a Road Dogs game and concert this weekend and it was amazing!

Okay, anyway comment and subscribe. Thanks :)