Us Against the World

About Me

Alec was leading me gently down the hallway, but I knew he was restraining himself from his natural speedI assumed. I was still reeling from the Jesse Bomb that that man had dropped on me. No one knew about Jesse I had never told anyone, not even my older brother’s. I had learned after my family’s demise that Jesse was actually a ghost and he was reluctant to ever leave me until he believed I was ready to be on my own or had someone to look out for me. So far, I had failed at finding someone and making it on my own.

I hadn’t been paying attention so I was glad that Alec was guiding me. I had to admit it was a suitable name for him, even if he had literally dropped me on my ass. Catching a glance at him from the corner of my eye, I wondered what he was thinking. He seemed to be debating with himself over something.

“I find myself in need of apologizing for my sister’s actions.” looking down at me he glared as my laughter bounced off the walls around us, “Why on earth are you laughing?”

“You; do you honestly think that I am stupid enough to believe, you are seriously apologizing for someone else’s actions. Chivalry is long since dead, believe me I would know. My father was the last of his kind.”

Stiffing in anger I would guess, Alec tightened his grip on my arm and continued to pull me towards the kitchen. It wasn’t until I was seated some 20 minutes later that he finally spoke. “As a vampire I am not from this generation, therefore it can not be dead otherwise I would not exist.”

I had to admit he had a point. And I was about to apologize when he opened his mouth again, “Who is Jesse?”

Glaring at him, I raised my brows and choose to ignore his question. No one needed to know about Jesse or how he died. Changing the subject, I smirked at him, reaching for an apple, “Why do you have human food if you eat humans?”

“Don’t change the topic and we have human food because we have a few humans in our employ,” turning his back to me, he opened up the fridge.

I couldn’t resist so I popped my tongue out and before I could blink he had turned and grasped my tongue between his index and thumb. “That is impolite. I am going to let go now and you are going to answer my questions. I find myself wanting to know more about you.” nodding my head, I snapped my tongue back into my mouth when he let go and glared at him.

“What do you want to know?”

“Your favorite things, your family, Jesse and why on earth you would dress they way you were dressed when we brought you here,” nodding my head I held out my hand.

“On one condition; you return the favor” rocking his head from side to side in thought, he cocked a grin at me and grasped my hand.

“Deal; now start”

Sighing, I started with the basics, “My full name is Adele Fae Wolfe. I was born on July 23 1990. My parents, John and Cathy along with my older brother’s, David and Jake are dead. Three years, it’s partially why I was living in the UK and working at the bar using my fake I.D.

I love animals, especially cats and horses. My favorite animal however, would have to be a big cat, like a jaguar or cougar. But then again I love Lynx and I would kill to have one as a pet.

I smoke, I drink, I try to live life but generally fail miserable. I have tried to kill myself numerous times, never succeeding thanks to Jesse and I love colors. Purple, Red, Green, and Blues they are all amazing, just not usually pink or yellow.”

Thinking I rolled over everything I had said, “Ops I missed why I would dress the way I had been; I dressed that way to look older and to fit in at the bar, normally I would just wear jeans and a top, nothing fancy and I try to avoid heels cause I don’t wanna accidentally trip and fall into someone that would just be really embarrassing,” grinning at him, I nodded my thanks when he placed a meat and cheese sandwich in front of me.

“It’s not much, but sadly I am not a cook. And you missed Jesse,”

“Damn it, I was hoping you wouldn’t notice that. Jesse is my best friend,” looking over Alec shoulder I laughed at the face said boy was making, “I used to think I imagined him, but then I found out after my families death, that he was a ghost.

A ghost who refuses to leave me until I can live and take care of myself, or have someone to watch my back.” Grinning, I crinkled my nose in delight when I took a bite of the sandwich,

“This is so good. Mhm, chicken and cheese my favorite. Oh and not only is it your turn, but feel special, no one knows about Jesse, so I guess in a way I’m trusting you,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo so we get to know our leading lady a bit here. What do you guys think?

Next up: Alec's POV as told by Taste.

Love Devon