Us Against the World

Aro

Opening the door, I giggled when a big tall guy stepped back staring at me not like I was dinner or anything but like he was worried I might eat him. This led me to believe the Alec had shared my tale of threatening a ghost with a friend.

“Ah yes, Ms. Adele you look lively,” sitting again in the middle of dais, Aro offered me a smile but it wasn’t really a smile.

“If that’s a look at the human with a beating heart joke, you should try another one ‘cause that one failed” widening my eyes to look innocent, I offered a childish smile, “Like if I was to make a vampire joke, I could say ‘Oh dear its Sir Fangs-a-lot’ which could easily be turned into a sex joke ‘Oh dear look it’s Sir Bangs-a-lot’. And I will shut up now,”

“My apologies if I insulted you Ms. Adele.”

“Nope no insult or anything; Alec said you wanted to speak to me,” raising my brow, I settled into a stance that wouldn’t stiffen my back.

“Yes, we did” looking to Aro’s left I smiled at Marcus, “You’re human, strange as you are and thanks to Alec you are likely to stay human for a bit longer. But as we are all vampires here you will have to abide by a few rules,”

“I don’t like rules. I consider them made to be broken. If you want me to follow some guidelines, all you have to do ask. I think that’s rather above cooperating with my kidnappers,” getting a little snarky, I rolled my eyes as the blonde on the other side of Aro stiffened.

“You would do will human to respect those that can kill you,”

“I didn’t catch your name but obviously you don’t know a damn thing about me. I don’t fear death, in fact I welcome. You clearly had a reason for taking me, if you want me to play nice you might want to share that reason and maybe use some manners. A please will get you a lot farther than demands,” looking back at Aro, I wasn’t startled to see an actually smile plastered on his face. I could also make out a figure behind me from the corner of my eye. I didn’t need to look to know it was Alec.

“Rest Alec we aren’t going to attack her. I like you, you have attitude, fire, passion and you’re quick on your feet. These guidelines my brother speaks of, I think you will find are appropriate. Don’t cut yourself, don’t bleed and most importantly do as you are told. It will keep you alive,” pausing he looked behind me before finishing with a slight laugh, “please”

Cackling, I gave him an open mouthed grin, “Since you said please, I suppose I can follow those.” Looking around the room, I admired the high domed roof and circular stone walls.
“You know you could get killer sound amplification in this room. It would bounce possibly vibrate.”

“Yes, when the dinner screams I get chills,” spinning on my heel to smile at the speaker in question, I noticed it was Alec’s sister Jane.

“If you’re trying to scare me, Jane, you’re going about it the wrong way.” Giggling a tall, stunning female with long light brown hair stepped around Jane.

“I’m Heidi and I would like very much to see what you can do when I go fishing. Would you accompany me sometime?”

“Fishing as in dinner? Sure so long as we pick up some Chinese,” giggling at my own joke, I ran my eyes up and down taking in the tight skirt and equally tight top on her figure.

Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad here so long as I kept away from the very livid Jane and Aro’s brother’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
A couple things:
1. We've learned some new things about Adele. I like it.
2. I know this is me updating again; Taste my co-author asked if she could focus on our other co-write, Emotions Run Wild and I agreed. But we will still be working on Us Against The World, so please stay with us.
3. There was some foreshadowing here can anyone tell me what it is and predict what happens?

Love as always,
Devon