Us Against the World

Boredom

Being a night owl as I was, I had no problems staying up without getting tired. Aro had requested I stay in the room and keep an eye out and show me what the Volturri did. It was possibly the worst night of my life, next of course to the night I lost my family.

I didn’t show fear however, or surprise when they tore apart another vampire who had exposed them. I think they would have kept me there when they munched on his human girlfriend but I think they thought they would turn on me.

I did however get to lie across my bed staring at the ceiling with nothing to do. That was going to have to change.

“Alec, I’m bored” calling out with a chuckle, I laughed as Jesse rolled his eyes. He thought it was pathetic that I had to depend on them. But I didn’t see it as depending.

“What do you want to do?” speaking through the door, I figured he was having issues controlling his blood lust and since I was bloody, I knew it was hard to be around me when he had just fed or needed to feed.

“I don’t know, something fun” rolling my eyes, I sat up when the door opened but instead of Alec coming in, Felix and Heidi came in shutting the door before Alec could get in. “Hey?”

“Hey Adele,” sitting down delicately beside me, Heidi looked at me with a smile. “How are you?”

“Bored,” flopping back down; I glared at Felix as he burst out laughing from the other side of the bed, looking down on me. “Shut up teddy bear.”

“I’m sorry to hear you’re bored. Alec is having some small control problems and we figured since we are ok that we would stop in and chat with you,” patting my forehead, Heidi never lost her smile. At least she didn’t laugh at me.

“Let’s chat; what do you normally do for fun?”

“Work, I didn’t really have much of a life after my parents died and my brothers,”

“What did you do for fun?”

Giggling as Felix made himself comfortable on my bed while speaking to me, I answered as Heidi dropped her head to my stomach, “Read and I love music.”

“Well see that’s something. That would be why you brought up sound amplification in the meeting room earlier. We can work with that”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I just wanted to post something.
Taste is posting next and I had a brain blast and something big occurred and now we have a big plan in mind for the story so it's going to be totally awesome.

Love,
DEVON