Status: Slowly but Surely

Love Knows No Boundaries

Blaming The Wrong Person

Mike pulled up in front of the phone booth. He motioned for Ciera to get in. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying.
"What happened?" Mike said as Ciera closed the door.
"Nothing," Ciera said.
"What did he do?" Mike asked.
"Nothing..." CIera mumbled.
"I'll kill him! What did he do to you?!?!" Mike yelled.
"Nothing!" Ciera yelled back, starting to cry harder.
"C, I'm sorry. I just hate seeing you this way," Mike said.
Ciera felt her phone buzz again. Koby wouldn't stop texting her.
"Mike.... I'm not a virgin anymore," Ciera said, looking away from him.
"You had sex with Koby!!" Mike yelled.
"No. I want to be a virgin. My virginity was forcefully taken from me," Ciera said, burying her face in her hands.
"Koby.... raped you?" Mike asked, sounding mad.
"Not Koby. I was.... gang raped," Ciera said.
"By who?" Mike stuttered.
"His friends," Ciera said, knowing she couldn't hide anything from Mike.
Ciera pulled out a cigarette, lit it, rolled down the car window, and started smoking.
"C, you got to stop smoking," Mike said, pulling into his driveway.
"When you do," Ciera said, looking at his house.
"That's not fair," Mike said.
"Yes, it is!!" Ciera yelled.
"Guess we'll both die of lung cancer. So, did you break up with Koby?" Mike asked.
"Yeah," Ciera said.
"Why?" Mike asked.
"Because.... if he hadn't left me there alone, they wouldn't have raped me or beat me," Ciera said, knowing she shouldn't blame Koby.
"I hate to say this, C, but you are blaming the wrong person," Mike said.
"I don't care," Ciera said.
He is right, Ciera thought.
"So, that is it? He made you happy. In fact, with him, you've been the happiest I've seen you in a long time, and you are just going to blame him for something I know is killing him. God, it's killing me, C," Mike said.
"You..... You know it's killing me," Ciera said. "I'm the one who went through it."
"I know. Me and Koby love you though, and you know that I hate to see you this way and he does too," Mike said.
"Take me home. Please," Ciera said.
"Not till you talk to Koby," Mike said, pulling out of his driveway.